What did you ACCOMPLISH?

Dirty_habiT

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • 3 weeks later...

i sorta came back a minute ago when my little homie vom  won a 12oz contest and posted about it on instagram , all i did was bitch at raven for not sellings socks or draws i think.

i'd be down for one  though, but in the meantime im grabbing the memento mori patch at some point next month

also i like how mero has all his banned accounts in the shirt as well

Edited by MOOGLE?

16 hours ago, Wyeast said:

@Mercerthan can corral is slick. Been mulling over ideas for mine but I might just straight bite what you did (need more arrows tho). 

Pretty cheap, and easy to put together but it looks "high end". Aroung $200 in materiel since I used ground contact rated pressure treated from Lowes. GCR pressure treated from Home Depot is red, and would look like shit since all my other outdoor structures like decks, fire wood rack, and planters are this greenish tint from Lowes.

Frame: 

1. Plant two 4x4 posts less than 6' apart (no back for mine or I'd plant 4).
  2. Front girder 2"x6"x8' (if using a back posts girders both should be half of a 2"x6"x12')
  3. Back girder on mine is just a 2"x4"x8'  anchored to the concrete retaining wall
  4. floor joists are 2"x4"x8' cut in half for economic reasons (less wasted wood)

Decking:

1. Outer walls/gate are "5/4ths x 6'"  (1" thick x 5.5" wide) boards
  2. Don't go much higher than the bins so you can just reach over to open 
  3. Side wall less than 4 feet in length (so you can get two pieces hight out of an 8' board)
  4. Gate < 6' wide (2 boards height from one 12' board (width should depend on bin size)
  5. Mine is wider (easier to get bins in/out) used one 8 footer for each board for in height

Build:

1. Build deck first (space boards apart using decking screws)
  2. Build the side wall up second (also using screws leave small gaps between boards)
  3. Build up front walls using small spacer boards (just enough to cover front of posts)
  4. Also skip every other spacer between the missing top & bottom on the latch side
  5. Attach uncut top & bottom face/gate boards directly to the posts to hold place
  6. Build gate's N frame (pictured above) attaching N to those 2 top & bottom placeholders
  7. Attach cut face boards to N, (cut longer/shorter to match latch side overlap pattern)
  8. Attach hinges pre tensioned to carry weight so gate won't sag when opened.
  9. Mark top and bottom face boards cuts, remove, cut, & reattach them
  10. Install a latch
  11. Profit
Edited by Mercer
  • Like 1
  • Props 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • christmas shopping before shit hits fan in early december.

Got my kids sorted 

Now to sort my wife.

• Had a wicked korean fried chicken kimchi bowl thing at a cafe where you sat down ordered and paid via QR code.

A grumpy korean chick threw plates of food down about 10 minutes later.

"since we dont gotta serve people let's do away with customer service"

but the food was the bomb.

•  started playing around in other apps on creative cloud. Started putting some video together.

discover the dot points in 12oz

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Over the past few weeks I've been tearing down the burned house on our property using excavators and skid steers.  Here are pictures from it mostly all cleaned up.  We left the deck standing because it is mostly undamaged and are going to turn it into a small cabin/guest lodge.  The concrete footings  from the house were left in place and will likely be used for the foundation of a storage building.

It's about time to start purchasing building materials.  My gf and I are going to do as much as we can ourselves since we both have experience in this area but have never actually built an entire house.

Design goals include:

small footprint on the ground

2-3 stories

open top floor/roof w/ easy access like top floor porch w/ covering

appliances installed on roof (a/c unit/solar/hydro)

lots of "off grid" power generation to supplement city power

1F516B15-255C-4608-961F-B8CF1D3FF439.jpeg

C718EAAB-71D4-4818-BF0F-6E99746BD90D.jpeg

D09CD61E-41E6-49F2-94C1-44CB032B3762.jpeg

A0239E3D-DF89-4731-9B8F-F2052EEA6C2A.jpeg

• Like 2

Unfucked the cabinet from my girlfriends ability to absolutely demolish any organization in the kitchen within 2 days.

But also I have too much cabinet space and don't grasp that I don't have to cram everything together....this middle class living is fucking weird to me sometimes.

IMG_20211120_161605601.thumb.jpg.b10a5b40d8d9761c274cf2f667f60ba7.jpg

• Like 2
  • Truth 1
  • LOL! 1

2 hours ago, Schnitzel said:

whereabouts is this.

obviously around Austin??

looks like a serious project.  Are termites an issue in Texas?

On the opposite end of accomplishment I managed to to reverse my car into the solar panel guy's ute and break one of his side lights as well as dent a panel.

its outside of Austin. It's going to be a lot more work but the shitty part of the job is done which was tearing down and throwing away a house with the roof burnt out of it. 

• Props 1

17 hours ago, nicklesndimes said:

sorry to hear that. i hope the solar goes well for you on a positive note.

The guy was cool. we got it sorted out.

it's certainly shaping up well based on the 5 hours of activity recorded thus far.

My power bills can be a bit excessive at times and one thing we have in australia is a butt load of sun.The system generates enough to feed my house for most of the  day and feed back a set amount back into the grid each day to subsidise the period after the panels deactivate.

In meantime I'm also selling the old system that was on the shed and now is completely shaded to an African guy who buys people's old systems ( to get govt subsidy you have to install a new system).He packs them in bulk and sells them in africa so my old system might up improving the lives of the people of some town in Uganda or somewhere which I think is kind of cool. 

Edited by Schnitzel
  • Props 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/1/2021 at 4:43 PM, Schnitzel said:

In meantime I'm also selling the old system that was on the shed and now is completely shaded to an African guy who buys people's old systems ( to get govt subsidy you have to install a new system).He packs them in bulk and sells them in africa so my old system might up improving the lives of the people of some town in Uganda or somewhere which I think is kind of cool. 

Your old system is on a shed now in Africa.  It runs the AC that keeps the guy cool who's supervising kids mining cobalt.

• Truth 1

1 hour ago, One Man Banned said:

Your old system is on a shed now in Africa.  It runs the AC that keeps the guy cool who's supervising kids mining cobalt.

actually it's not.

It's still in my shed - the african fella didn't turn up after sending me a message offering a bit less than I asked after agreeing a price.

I wasn't too fussed because the price is still less than disposing of them myself.

Edited by Schnitzel
  • Like 1

Not really an accomplishment but I left the beach yesterday with a new found respect for the sea and it's creatures.

I took my neighbour and our sons down to the beach yesterday in the afternoon. The beach is pretty shallow even at high tide and you can be out quite far and still only be up to your waist. the boys are all about 8 so obviously deeper for them.

There were a few below legal size sand whiting swimming about and the water is really clear at the moment.

My neighbour looks over and says "look at that"

a biggish black shape zipping through the water in a zigzag pattern..

My son panics jumps out of the water on to me & my neighbours sons jump up on him.

it zips past a guy about 60 feet down the beach and he yells at us "it's a dolphin"

it does another zigzag and then breaches directly in front of us so close. maybe 5ft away

I could have football tackled it if I was a total moron and I was about 500% faster

I watched it's eye move as it looked at us standing there mouths agape.

Then it took off towards the shore after the whiting again. you could watch it moving along the beach by the people panicking then pointing

Like a giant bullet through the water so fat

• Like 2
  • Props 2

Yesterday I took a half day and went out to our land to build a road. There is no access to the back hill because it's covered in cedar trees.  It's also steep and full of big rocks that weigh more than some of y'all's priuses. 

So doing work on the ground is not easy even with an excavator. In any case I was able to use the blade on the (rental) bobcat e50 to push a lot of dirt down the hill. 

About a year ago or so we had a friend come survey the land and mark our property lines. We found that the neighbors deer feeder and shitty homemade deer blind were both on our property. So we talked to them and that same day we moved the deer feeder like 20ft to be on their property. The woman said we could junk the blind which I was kinda miffed about because it was not my mess to clean up. 

So yesterday I take the excavator over to the blind and tear it down. It only took a minute or two to do it but anyway fag boi with sleeve tattoos comes over saying whoa what are you doing tearing down my deer blind. 

His mom apparently didn't give him the memo about the previous conversation so he was out of the loop. So what does his smart ass do?  He says to me if you step on my property I'll put a bullet in your ass. 

So after I was done dropping all his trash on his side of the line I filed a police report for the threat. It didn't do much but there's a case number and a record of ol yokel saying something he shouldn't. 

My guess is he has a bunch of deer hunting guns and not anything that shoots 7.62x39 like me. 

image.jpeg