What did you ACCOMPLISH?

Dirty_habiT

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

3rd snowstorm in about a week, got up before dawn to grab more ice melt from the hardware store.  At the check out when the dude from the paint department calls me like hey, you want oops paint?  He chose the right dude.  Turns out these guys have to do inventory early morning when there's few customers and this guy didn't want to tag all that shit so he was trying to get random people to buy it.  Grabbed a whole bunch of rustos for .25 a piece, tall boy cans too.

• Like 2
  • Props 4

16 hours ago, simon sandleshit said:

Dope shit Tails. Feels nice to fix things yourself. I just bought a dryer off craigslist, dude sold me a bunk one. Figured out what was wrong with it and fixed that shit and now im doin laundry. I'm not usually the handyman type so i was stoked i succeeded. I just spent the past 12 hours studying for an exam in advanced genetics, got that done at 8 am, walked a mile to class afterwards despite it being a full on blizzard outside.

time to bump warren g and smoke this joint

Great work!  I used to do appliance delivery and repair for a living and comparing that to the other things I've learned to work on, I'd say appliances (especially driers) are "easy'ish".  I think tackling a task you weren't sure about whether or not you could do is the real accomplishment.  I wish I saw that in more people in the world. 

The willingness to not give up.

• Like 1
  • Truth 5

10 hours ago, One Man Banned said:

3rd snowstorm in about a week, got up before dawn to grab more ice melt from the hardware store.  At the check out when the dude from the paint department calls me like hey, you want oops paint?  He chose the right dude.  Turns out these guys have to do inventory early morning when there's few customers and this guy didn't want to tag all that shit so he was trying to get random people to buy it.  Grabbed a whole bunch of rustos for .25 a piece, tall boy cans too.

is that spray paint or roller paint?

sounds like a score and a half!

• 2 weeks later...

Surveyed our property lines with my friend that has been doing surveying for over 10 years and learned a little bit about what that involves.

Chainsawed a lot of trees (no oaks just cedar) on one (800ft) of four property lines.

Used the Kubota KX-41 excavator for the first "real job" to move some big rocks after driving it down some sketchy shit.

Our property has 40' elevation change on both sides of a drycreek/valley and some of it is pretty steep grade.  I've been watching a ton of excavation videos on youtube and have basically learned what to do to go down steep hills no problem.  Very fucking fun operating this kind of equipment IMO.  I moved rocks that I don't think 2 grown men could move by themselves.

Welds on the thumb bracket didn't budge (didn't expect they would).

• Props 1

2 hours ago, Dirty_habiT said:

Surveyed our property lines with my friend that has been doing surveying for over 10 years and learned a little bit about what that involves.

Chainsawed a lot of trees (no oaks just cedar) on one (800ft) of four property lines.

Used the Kubota KX-41 excavator for the first "real job" to move some big rocks after driving it down some sketchy shit.

Our property has 40' elevation change on both sides of a drycreek/valley and some of it is pretty steep grade.  I've been watching a ton of excavation videos on youtube and have basically learned what to do to go down steep hills no problem.  Very fucking fun operating this kind of equipment IMO.  I moved rocks that I don't think 2 grown men could move by themselves.

Welds on the thumb bracket didn't budge (didn't expect they would).

What are you going to do with all of that cedar?

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Dirty_habiT said:

Maybe turn it into mulch at some point.... don't really have a plan for it as of yet.  I might find some straight pieces and cut for making things outside, I dunno.  Why, you have any good ideas?  @ndv

I normally do not do much lasing with cedar, but I like use aromatic cedar for the closet and drawers.  

However, cedar engraves very well.  It's really nice.  If you have any ideas, let me know?

• Props 1

17 minutes ago, Dirty_habiT said:

Do you have any links to plans for such things or videos of someone making one that didn't suck.  I like projects.

No. I have a book or two on furniture making, somewhere. It's always been something Ive wanted to get into. Maybe when I retire. If I retire.

• LOL! 1

• 1 month later...

Trenched a back yard for a French drain with my excavator. Towed it 3h north to Dallas on Friday and came back Saturday afternoon. 

Played legal eagle with the whole crew at the legal wall. Met new members.  

You guys know DFW has a Montana can delivery service a guy is running?  He will literally show up at the wall or train spot with a trunk full of every color. CC's accepted. I couldn't believe it. 

C43FD1E9-38A2-443B-80A2-3E5F683480EE.jpeg

43C5CD22-1F90-49BA-ACC9-FE0C6B1F219D.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Props 5

Nice work man! 

We got close to painting the bus this weekend but some finishing putty was faulty and kept shrinking. Got a lot of the white and some clean on pieces. Next weekend it will be finished and it'll be time to put her together. We got photoshoots and gigs on deck so we gotta move! 

Fixing this kind of stuff last weekend

174691008_10219373882919136_291303123304

Doors all back on.

174553569_10219382259248539_753811241887

• Like 2
  • Props 5

Up from 6am till 2am getting this thing painted and clear coated. Holy shit...it was a long fuckin day but it looks insane. I got emotional; it was a a fuckin crazy year of learning. How to build a website from scratch, how to do videography, how to navigate paying taxes on my business, learning how to weld, learning how to do body work, how to manage money, learning how to do these bartending gigs and keep everything high quality, how to keep my gf from breaking down because she had no clue if it was gonna work, spending all our money and if I could do all the things I was trying to do for the first time. 

Everything with our growth and gaining financial independence is based around this damn bus. For the last year it has been the center of happiness and frustration. Its here its painted the hard part is done. Now I need to put it all back together and get this bitch makin us money. We got a 4 gigs this month 3 with the bus for the first time, then a stylized photoshoot in June with some clothing line. Once this is all together we are going to be working our asses off till the season ends in like Oct I can feel it. Hopefully not working for anyone but myself next year. 

Had to get it down fill pinholes, resand , reprime, rewetsand again to get it back to here:

177946761_10219419862948608_594478328888Got the white on top

178387057_10219419863348618_151807168707Pull all the tape off. Garage lights make the white look more yellow here but outside the shit pops 

178498960_10219419858588499_812364796691

178422497_10219419543780629_235272089701

I'll post pics when I get this girl all together.  

Edited by Some1
  • Like 1
  • Props 7

Grinded every stump on my property myself. 7 were "big" tree stumps, about 30 were smaller stumps from trees that were less than a few inches wide, or bushes.

Best part is I rented the grinder from Home Depot for 24 hrs. and somehow got it turned back in on time with literally 1 minute to spare. Stump grinding is horrible work to undertake and I don't recommend it, but up next is going to be jackhammering a shit ton of concrete so I shouldn't complain (yet). 

• Like 2
  • Props 3