The general discussion thread within our general discussion.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
On 10/16/2023 at 7:52 AM, Schnitzel said:

Sup gang how y'all doing?

I am going perfectly.

And thanks to recent conversations in the "real world", I am only ever reminded of this fact whilst I hear about people whinging of kids, autism, bastard austistic kids, the issues autistic kids cause to the relationship with the Mother of said kids, mortgage stress, raising another man's kids or whatever other bullshit some people voice complaints about whilst understanding they get nothing but mocking laughter from Me as they still try to infer they have something in their lives I am supposed to aspire to have or be jealous or envious of.

I might post in My van life thread about the only 10 things I have to concern Myself with in life, so people can compare their situation to Mine and assess whether there is an alternate situation they would prefer to their present one.

2 hours ago, Schnitzel said:

Good man

Having to do a bit of digging for some plumbing along my boundary.

Builders in the 1950's were shonky ass mother fuckers.

Never would have thought digging would be hard but there is definitely an art to doing it well.

Those shonky ass mother fuckers!

You may be trying too hard when you are digging. Let the tool do the work.

Or you’re in clay and life sucks.

• Truth 2

20 minutes ago, Schnitzel said:

Good man

Having to do a bit of digging for some plumbing along my boundary.

Builders in the 1950's were shonky ass mother fuckers.

Never would have thought digging would be hard but there is definitely an art to doing it well.

Say no more fam. My house was built in 1940 and even though the quality is there for the most part, I see a lot of questionable choices that were made along the way. My yard is clay all over and digging anything out here is absolute horse shit. I feel your pain.

• Like 2

the stupid thing is a storm drain goes from my neighbour's place behind me to the drain in front of my neighbour on the right hand side. pretty much cuts under the end of my pool then goes along the edge of the slab for my shed then along the boundary line before cuting into his property in front of the house about 15ft from sidewalk

neighbour on right having boundary fence rebuilt but has kind of handballed this stormdrain issue back to me. Because it crosses a tiny fragment of his land but has no inspection points on his land and two on mine it sort of falls on me to fix.

Plus my water supply runs along the boundary so that also has to move.

On the plus side I'll have about 75 ft of copper pipe to take for scrap this afternoon.

• Like 1
  • Props 2

4 minutes ago, mr.yuck said:

700 Australian Pesos? Shiiit. I hope scrap prices are up my man. I hope you get $800 for your pipe! Lol.

fan club pricing as well.

for two seats 

Too old to fuck about with standing  for hours and hate being in crushes.

copper should net me about 600 I believe.

gotta angle grind any fittings off so it's just pure copper.

• Like 2
  • Props 3

Can someone help understand this here.  

What I am gathering (reading between the lines), Pras tried to get into politics by status and financial influence under the pretext of misinformation (conspiracies) in hopes of financial gain and or official position?

https://www.click2houston.com/entertainment/2023/10/18/fugees-rapper-says-lawyers-use-of-ai-helped-tank-his-case-pushes-for-new-trial/

5 hours ago, ndv said:

What I am gathering (reading between the lines), Pras tried to get into politics by status and financial influence under the pretext of misinformation (conspiracies) in hopes of financial gain and or official position?

https://www.click2houston.com/entertainment/2023/10/18/fugees-rapper-says-lawyers-use-of-ai-helped-tank-his-case-pushes-for-new-trial/

Pras explains it all in his verse on this song starting at 1:24, it’s pretty wild.

I saw this last night as I parked at the beach, along with what looked like a massive shooting star preceding the point where the scorpion tail that was the red crescent moon fell from the sky and disappeared below the horizon.

Definitely worth watching and happened about 10pm or so.

October 18: Moon and Antares

The scorpion is vanishing in the evening twilight. But tonight offers one last chance to see it. Antares, the scorpion’s bright “heart,” is close to the Moon. They drop from sight not long after the sky gets good and dark.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ndv said:

No.  He got caught doing something that's not exactly a rarity in politics, but not enough people get in trouble for.  As for how he got himself into those positions, or why they're going after him vs others, isn't really explained there and I could speculate on several reasons for that.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, One Man Banned said:

No.  He got caught doing something that's not exactly a rarity in politics, but not enough people get in trouble for.  As for how he got himself into those positions, or why they're going after him vs others, isn't really explained there and I could speculate on several reasons for that.

What you just explained is what I was kinda thinking what was going on. I just want sure, I don't keep up with celebs but the Ai thing is what got me.  Interesting to see what happens with the ai thing though.  Wonder if his excuse to real trial is valid. 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, mr.yuck said:

Yo homies. My blood pressure is low as fuck right now. 106/84

I thought I was gonna pass out earlier today. Had to sit down for a minute.

Try a bump next time.  You're loosing money when you take a break

• Props 1
  • LOL! 1

5 minutes ago, ndv said:

What life hack you using?

I'd like to join the Unofficial Retirement Club.

Hah. I started cleaning up and finishing jobs that other contractors have abandoned. Like for example this past Monday I stained a 200 SQ ft deck. Top and underside. It was like $80 in stain and I bought 2 new deck brushes for $16 apiece. Charged $1750. The guy was like "Jesus fucking Christ man." I told him I'm getting $5 a SQ foot all day, I thought I was cutting you a deal. He said okay. The Friday before I went and painted some ceilings for a contractor that couldn't be fucked to come back and do it. I already had the paint. $900. Eat a dick. Was in and out in about 4 hours.

This coming Wednesday, installing a bathroom vanity, faucet, p trap and a couple pieces of baseboard. $1200. I can't imagine this taking longer than 3 hours. 

I'm just done busting my ass trying to show people just how much I can do. They don't really care and neither do I. If you don't like my pricing there is some other jack ass down the road that will leave you in the same spot you're in now.

• Truth 1
  • Props 4

Props to you on finding a falw in the system and creating a niche out of it.   

I completely agree, that is doesn't matter how much blood sweat and tears you put into your work, the customer really doesn't care these days, all they want is the thought of good work and them enjoying the day with there feet up.  Don't get me wrong I always recommend quality work, and that's just it, your honesty in explaining to the customer your prices versus the customer being in the same situation they are in now is a perfect representation for textbook entrepreneurship.

@Ray40  self employed  life hacks

• Like 2
  • Truth 1