The general discussion thread within our general discussion.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I got a Thai massage by some hippy white lady today and it was pretty awesome. Been adamantly against massages of any type for as long as I can remember but I’m getting old and super down bad in the bones and nerves and all of that department. Don’t stretch enough. Always junk. Caved after seeing some video on ig and I’m stoked I went. Any y’all ever got a massage ?? 

• Truth 1
  • LOL! 1

2 hours ago, mr.yuck said:

Yeah I went and got one, one time. It was the shit and I'd really like to go more often. I'd like to go with my old lady but she has mad sensory issues and hates other people touching her.

You should massage her, deep tissue.

• LOL! 1

3 hours ago, NightmareOnElmStreet said:

I got a Thai massage by some hippy white lady today and it was pretty awesome. Been adamantly against massages of any type for as long as I can remember but I’m getting old and super down bad in the bones and nerves and all of that department. Don’t stretch enough. Always junk. Caved after seeing some video on ig and I’m stoked I went. Any y’all ever got a massage ?? 

My benefits allow for a certain amount each year for things like massage, acupuncture, things of this nature and we always make sure they are used.

Deep tissue massage fucks me up, leaves me bruised and shit and the masseuse is always telling me to do more stretching.

• Props 1

I used to go to a Chinese joint to get foot massages about a decade ago in Seattle.

The place I went was pretty popular and like big and open air with stations every ten feet or so.

The gringo places are expensive so I have never tried and am always afraid that the Asian joints are going to be brothel. 

I wish that massage was more normal in our culture along with saunas and hot spring style hot tubs, steam rooms and the like. I would be down to go to like some center of the comunity and relax, socialize and get some treatments for sure. Not down with hand jobs from human traffic victims though.

• Like 1
  • Truth 2

23 minutes ago, Dark_Knight said:

onsens are tight and so are bathhouses. The only bath houses in America are the ones where you go to suck off dudes. Why can’t you enjoy steamy hydration in this country without feeling like you have to knob someone off?

You mean the ones where you go.

I went to a spot in Taiwan.  It had 2 large rooms, one for the ladies, one for the gents, both naked.  Not my scene.  It also had private rooms with hot tubs fed by the springs, got in there with 2 Chinese girls.  I was relaxed.

• LOL! 1

Weirdly timely topic-I got home tonight from a snowboarding trip to Japan. Onsen is big part of the experience-those hot springs get your tired legs back in shape for the next day. We stayed at one ryokan (traditional inn…you sleep on the floor and they feed you traditional stuff like salted squid guts for breakfast. It’s awesome -really!) with private baths so I got to onsen with the missus. But yeah the rest of the places were public/gender separated. It’s less awkward when you are around mostly Japanese since it’s just part of their culture but it gets weird when other gaijin show up. A lot of them ban tattoos and a few just straight up don’t let in non Japanese. You get the ban hammer pretty hard at those. 

• Like 1
  • Props 3

59 minutes ago, Wyeast said:

Weirdly timely topic-I got home tonight from a snowboarding trip to Japan. Onsen is big part of the experience-those hot springs get your tired legs back in shape for the next day. We stayed at one ryokan (traditional inn…you sleep on the floor and they feed you traditional stuff like salted squid guts for breakfast. It’s awesome -really!) with private baths so I got to onsen with the missus. But yeah the rest of the places were public/gender separated. It’s less awkward when you are around mostly Japanese since it’s just part of their culture but it gets weird when other gaijin show up. A lot of them ban tattoos and a few just straight up don’t let in non Japanese. You get the ban hammer pretty hard at those. 

That’s awesome! Brings back some good memories. The food at the ones I went to was always amazing. I wish I remembered the names of the places I stayed at.

• Props 2

18 hours ago, Wyeast said:

Wonder if they still got them bubble houses🤔😂

23 hours ago, LUGR said:

That’s awesome! Brings back some good memories. The food at the ones I went to was always amazing. I wish I remembered the names of the places I stayed at.

It’s rad that you’ve been there too. My favorite place to visit by far!

I went to the homies surprise 40th thing tonight. I have been apprehensive about the whole thing for the past few weeks. A lot of people there I hadn't seen in 15 years or so. Some of these people the last time I saw them a mother fuckers was trying to kick me down a flight of stairs. Guns were being drawn on each other. It was wild times. I walked in the house and it was 100% love from everyone. I made my peace and apologies to the appropriate parties and it was 100% like brotherly forgiveness and acceptance. I haven't felt this good in years. Shouldn't have ever waited 15 fucking years for this. 

• Like 7
  • Props 2

On 2/7/2023 at 8:15 PM, Dark_Knight said:

onsens are tight and so are bathhouses. The only bath houses in America are the ones where you go to suck off dudes. Why can’t you enjoy steamy hydration in this country without feeling like you have to knob someone off?

On 2/8/2023 at 1:26 AM, Wyeast said:

Weirdly timely topic-I got home tonight from a snowboarding trip to Japan. Onsen is big part of the experience-those hot springs get your tired legs back in shape for the next day. 

1260530970_ScreenShot2023-02-14at9_26_14AM.thumb.png.49430b42850cc202767dc4e7845ed16a.png

• Like 1
  • LOL! 2

I can't remember if I posted this discussion here but the topic kinda bothers me regarding over reach and narrative media conveys.

So here in city the local news outlets have their preferred criminal lawyers on their team for legal segments which that is fine. Whatever.  Do you guys have this stuff as well in your city?

I ask because I am not a fan of it and haven't been since it started up in recent years.  My problem with it is the media can use these laywers as a way to broadcast their narrative.  For example, the media makes theor money by exploiting.  Pretty much plain and simple.  What I don't like about the lawyer speaker box thing is they can easily sway a narrative (use of misinformation) in criminal proceedings (specially high profile cases) before trials even begin.   Follow me?

So here's where I think when a judge places a gag order on cases, I personally feel that a gag order should be extended to professionals (legal in this case) that are outside of the contract, specially those who have a voice in media.  So I guess this would also extend to social media as well.   

Do you think this would be a suppression of free speech to professionals who are not directly involved ?  I mean gag order in its essence is exactly what it is to free speech.

IDK 🤷‍♂️  just a thought.  I guess I don't like the mind control thing and it's entirety.  Even the dark side of mass media.

Edited by ndv

Most of these media outlets work to some extent with professionals from different disciplines, using them for commentary or "expert" opinion.  Some of this may be voluntary on the part of the professionals, for exposure, or they may get paid.  It's up to the media outlet to seek people who agree with the narrative they're portraying, or to present a different perspective, etc.  Also up to them to get people who are actually knowledgeable and experienced in the area they're talking about.  Up to you what you want to believe, or not, when you see or hear them.  Suppressing them does get into freedom of speech shit.  Also the court has no authority to suppress someone not involved in a case, and usually it's up to a judge to order a jury to not follow media related to a case they're on.

• Truth 1