The general discussion thread within our general discussion.

2 hours ago, mr.yuck said:

@One Man Bannedare they reasonably priced to maybe get 2 freezers?

You can get them for around $250 - $400ish depending on size and brand. Of course you want to buy a quality item so it doesn’t fail on you and thaw your 500lbs of pork butt all at once.

I haven’t been able to see emojis for a couple of weeks now 😞 *sad face emoji.

• Truth 1

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Went paintballing today and got rocked. The rental guns suck compared to what the hardcore guys use. Gonna make a day in pies

edit: I was expecting to play against a bunch of kids / teens. Nah man I guess it’s the new midlife crisis thing dudes can dump thousands into. Bruised werent as good as I thought 

• Like 1
  • LOL! 2

2 hours ago, KILZ FILLZ said:

Went paintballing today and got rocked. The rental guns suck compared to what the hardcore guys use. Gonna make a day in pies once I’m home and can ask wife to flick my bruises

edit: I was expecting to play against a bunch of kids / teens. Nah man I guess it’s the new midlife crisis thing dudes can dump thousands into. 

You get shot in the ass?

• LOL! 1

1 hour ago, KILZ FILLZ said:

Went paintballing today and got rocked. The rental guns suck compared to what the hardcore guys use. Gonna make a day in pies once I’m home and can ask wife to flick my bruises

edit: I was expecting to play against a bunch of kids / teens. Nah man I guess it’s the new midlife crisis thing dudes can dump thousands into. 

Last time I was in Diego I paintballed

and experienced this same situation.

Fools came through looking like Snake Eyes and were just doing on fools!

• Like 1
  • LOL! 2

Y'all wanna hear a funny story?

Check this out.

So I have my InstaGram account linked through my personal cell number. This is the same cell number that's also linked to my business. So when people find me on line and contact me, then save my number into their phone, my Insta profile is recommended to them based on their contacts. That's right 12oz. These people that are contacting me and possibly contemplating allowing me into their homes and around their children, are greated with crazy drug dealer and 90s gangster rap steez.

I can super impose a graph of my business over a chart of my IG posting and watch the exact moment when business starts to tank. 

I need to fix this shit like yesterday 

• Like 2
  • Truth 1
  • LOL! 4

6 hours ago, mr.yuck said:

Check this out.

So I have my InstaGram account linked through my personal cell number. This is the same cell number that's also linked to my business. So when people find me on line and contact me, then save my number into their phone, my Insta profile is recommended to them based on their contacts. That's right 12oz. These people that are contacting me and possibly contemplating allowing me into their homes and around their children, are greated with crazy drug dealer and 90s gangster rap steez.

I can super impose a graph of my business over a chart of my IG posting and watch the exact moment when business starts to tank. 

Brother, you need to work on your image, let me help you.

Post some chin rock, watch your business soar again.

If you need help, @Dark_Knightand I are available 24/7. We take this shit pretty serious.

• Truth 2
  • LOL! 1

12 hours ago, mr.yuck said:

Check this out.

I use a Google voice number for all apps/sites that require a number. 

• Like 1
  • Props 1

12 hours ago, Dark_Knight said:

Just got home from work. Worked since 7am yesterday.  A nice 37 hour shift. Back tomorrow at 8am for a 10 hour shift. Hate my life.

Though I’m not exactly there at this moment. My life is definitely not super enjoyable. That said. I’m feeling the vibes for sure dog. It’s funny how things on my end look and feel kinda positive but underneath it all I’ve never been so stressed and disconnected. Too tired to hit the bars. Too stressed to have fun? Should be damn grateful for everything but a mf is just struggling lololol. 

• Like 4
  • Truth 1

3 hours ago, Dark_Knight said:

Doesn’t help that my industry is being invaded by a bunch of union dodging pieces of shit who like working for bum pay. Quality of the work has gone down lately over years. I’ll never understand people who volunteer themselves for more work and talk themselves out of proper pay.

100%

My wife used to have a framed slogan on her desk "I ain't working for free I am barely giving a fuck away"

edit: I blame this mentality on psyops being waged against the workers for years on years now that you need to slave yourself to break through and get ahead.  Like unpaid internships?  Them shits should be illegal.

Edited by metronome
  • Like 1
  • Truth 4

1 hour ago, mr.yuck said:

Anyone heard that 'they' are changing the way credit scores are calculated Starting this summer. Its full on fuck you and I hope you don't ever need credit for anything again season.

Have any articles for this? I have heard comments over the recent years credit is going to be tougher to obtain. I just never really engaged and checked it out. 

Edited by ndv
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, ndv said:

Have any articles for this? I have heard comments over the recent years credit is going to be tougher to obtain. I just never really engaged and checked it out. 

No articles I can reference but the basic jist of it is the recommendation has been not to use more than 30% of your total credit. The new model is punishing people for carrying a balance. Their new formula averages out what ever balance you have been carrying over the past 24 months. Not only are they punishing you for carrying a balance regardless of the percentage of your total credit, but they are also getting reports from credit card companies on large purchases that you may pay off at the end of the month. Spend $7000 on a medical bill and pay it off at the end of the month? Tough shit. Should have had the $7000 on hand.

It's about to get crazy man. Expect your score to absolutely tank this summer.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, mr.yuck said:

No articles I can reference but the basic jist of it is the recommendation has been not to use more than 30% of your total credit. The new model is punishing people for carrying a balance. Their new formula averages out what ever balance you have been carrying over the past 24 months. Not only are they punishing you for carrying a balance regardless of the percentage of your total credit, but they are also getting reports from credit card companies on large purchases that you may pay off at the end of the month. Spend $7000 on a medical bill and pay it off at the end of the month? Tough shit. Should have had the $7000 on hand.

It's about to get crazy man. Expect your score to absolutely tank this summer.

Interesting.  So this looks like a great increase for businesses such as Affirm and companies alike because these companies usually finance 12 months or less, unless you opt for longer payment plans. 

• Truth 1

A year ago, I decided to beta test affirm to see how much my credit score would go up and made a purchase a few hundred bucks above 3k, financed for 12 months and this coming March I will have the loan paid off.  I am then gonna run my score again.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ndv said:

Interesting.  So this looks like a great increase for businesses such as Affirm and companies alike because these companies usually finance 12 months or less, unless you opt for longer payment plans. 

The housing market is gonna be toast. The car market is gonna be toast. I can't see any everyday man dropping $80,000 in liquidity on a depreciating asset. Unless maybe this only affects revolving credit accounts. I haven't really read down into the nuts and bolts of things yet.

13 minutes ago, mr.yuck said:

The housing market is gonna be toast. The car market is gonna be toast. I can't see any everyday man dropping $80,000 in liquidity on a depreciating asset. Unless maybe this only affects revolving credit accounts. I haven't really read down into the nuts and bolts of things yet.

True.

When you say "nuts and bolts of things" you mean you haven't read all 4000 pages of legal jargon set by the government?  You know thats how complex they gonna make it. 

• LOL! 1

14 minutes ago, ndv said:

True.

When you say "nuts and bolts of things" you mean you haven't read all 4000 pages of legal jargon set by the government?  You know thats how complex they gonna make it. 

I'll just wait for TikTok to summarize it for me. I'll post it here when they do.

• LOL! 1