The general discussion thread within our general discussion.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
3 hours ago, morton said:

does anyone have any ideas for where and how to browse on the world wide web?

I used to know how and where to go but now I do not. I think social killed the forums and monetization killed search and together they killed the Internet.

seriously, anybody got some url's? 

www.dogpile.com doesn’t sell search results so maybe that’s what you’re asking? Or you asking for how to find rabbit holes/time sucks like back in the day?

On topic I made a switch to that brave shit finally on my Mac and I gotta tell ya I kinda hate it. I’m not even close to good at the internet and I’ve noticed whenever I go searching some shit the results I get are always trash lol. So I get frustrated and get on the phone with google or safari and the search engine just drops better heat. Kinda over it lol. 

On 11/1/2022 at 3:48 PM, morton said:

does anyone have any ideas for where and how to browse on the world wide web?

I used to know how and where to go but now I do not. I think social killed the forums and monetization killed search and together they killed the Internet.

seriously, anybody got some url's? 

http://wiki5kauuihowqi5.onion/

https://ahmia.fi/

Best with tor browser and orbot app/extension

Edited by ndv

On 11/1/2022 at 9:32 PM, NightmareOnElmStreet said:

On topic I made a switch to that brave shit finally on my Mac and I gotta tell ya I kinda hate it. I’m not even close to good at the internet and I’ve noticed whenever I go searching some shit the results I get are always trash lol. So I get frustrated and get on the phone with google or safari and the search engine just drops better heat. Kinda over it lol. 

You can set your search engine preferences in Brave - i use duckduckgo 

Brave is good - I am using it on my phone and computer. I think @Mercer was the one who introduced it on the forum. 

My iMac is mostly for teh faps so Brave is my friend.

• Truth 1

Just now, NightmareOnElmStreet said:

Dude was on background tv at the bar the other night and since I’m a loner i think I was paying attention a little too much. Found myself asking a lot of questions. Like primarily, why in the how the actual fuck did this guy reach such international success?? 

Gallagher. 

• Truth 1

@NightmareOnElmStreetthe dude was literally cruise ship level comedy. Super safe with a weird gimmick. Like, I guarantee people didn't go see him for his jokes. Which is even stranger that a bunch of people went to go see this fake 1920s strong man looking MF smash food with a big hammer. So, idk. Maybe the people that pay extra for that front row seat have some food smashing fetish.

• Truth 1

Comedy goes through different phases and he was from a time of some "weird & unusual" comedians.  There's also not a lot of successful prop comics, and he was a 1 prop at the end comic.  His humor was maybe more risque, not clean, but not filthy either.  Some good word play.  It kind of walked a line at points where it could be enjoyed by adults, but as a youngster, I could still laugh at it too and recognize the adult aspects.  He was also in that 80s pocket of fighting censorship/freedom of speech for entertainers.  All of this contributed to his popularity.  Pour some watermelon juice to the curb for an original comedian/entertainer.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, One Man Banned said:

Comedy goes through different phases and he was from a time of some "weird & unusual" comedians.  There's also not a lot of successful prop comics, and he was a 1 prop at the end comic.  His humor was maybe more risque, not clean, but not filthy either.  Some good word play.  It kind of walked a line at points where it could be enjoyed by adults, but as a youngster, I could still laugh at it too and recognize the adult aspects.  He was also in that 80s pocket of fighting censorship/freedom of speech for entertainers.  All of this contributed to his popularity.  Pour some watermelon juice to the curb for an original comedian/entertainer.

Lol. My man. I need to stop trying to analyze everything from the past through my 2020s glasses.

• Like 1
  • LOL! 1

1 minute ago, mr.yuck said:

Lol. My man. I need to stop trying to analyze everything from the past through my 2020s glasses.

His name (and others) hasn't been in the front of comedy in a moment so it's easy to forget some of this.  Maybe your 2020 view helps keep you more in touch with your youngster relatives, makes you the cool old guy.

• Like 1