The general discussion thread within our general discussion.

Do you feel like they are trying to be slick with you, like they think you are faking it? Go to the ER and tell them you have already had an x-ray. They might escalate to an MRI (10 racks). If you are in enough pain, they might give you some dope pain meds. If they ask you if you need to be wheeled down the hall way to the MRI, say yes, that'll be an extra $800 on their bill. If they are really being dick heads on the sly, make them pay for it.

• Like 1
  • LOL! 1

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
On 10/19/2022 at 2:28 PM, SMdoubleXL said:

The end of the month last month I did some shit to my knee. But at work. While working. Went to an urgent care 2 days later because mobility became almost nothing and the bruising started to show.  
I’m waiting to see an ortho now and my appointment is next week as urgent care only has an X-ray machine and my follow up proved they need to look further.  

I can’t do any ladder work or squatting so I’m at work like wtf am I supposed to do now. 
tgisvis our company’s first work comp. Yay me. 🤦🏻‍♀️

anyone got anything I need to be aware of dealin with work comp? I was always an independent contractor and have never had shit like this to deal with. Ha 

Document document document. Even if it’s just sending an email to yourself describing what happened on what days (day of accident, date noticed supervisor and details of convo,  first urgent care, visit with primary care, date received CA-1 form, date CA-1 returned to supervisor….etc)

• Like 1

Went yesterday to ER. Worth the four hours for a dr note excusing me from work until I see an ortho. 
i genuinely want relief. I can’t walk after lunch typically and am exasperating a previous injury (torn labrum in my opposite hip)  by overcompensating. 
I make sure I repeat these facts. 
they even asked if I knew the time of the initial injury and I actually know a 30 min window where we can go back and look at cameras.  
good looks @fat ralphy I am saying “work related “ about every 50 words haha 

thank you @KILZ FILLZim notorious for that paper trail. And that def can’t be denied at work. But I would have overlooked things like ‘details of convo’ type stuff.    I now have time to backfill some info.
my supervisor has been greatly supportive and upset they didn’t give me the days off without having to go through all that. She’s glad I did. Kinda haha. They’re short staffed already next week but not my problem. 

@mr.yuckthey only Did another X-ray.  
Im sure they were sticking to bare minimum ANYTHING and i believe part of why it took so long yesterday was approval shit. An anti inflammatory, a muscle relaxer (not classed with Soma) and some topical lidocaine were the Rxs written 
I’ve been in bed all day and am able to walk fucking normal about my house still. By this time of night usually it’s too swollen to allow movement. 
I’m  chillin for the next several days. 
thanks for all the notes and support y’all. 

Edited by SMdoubleXL
Grammar needs work
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, SMdoubleXL said:

Went yesterday to ER. Worth the four hours for a dr note excusing me from work until I see an ortho. 
i genuinely want relief. I can’t walk after lunch typically and am exasperating a previous injury (torn labrum in my opposite hip)  by overcompensating. 
I make sure I repeat these facts. 
they even asked if I knew the time of the initial injury and I actually know a 30 min window where we can go back and look at cameras.  
good looks @fat ralphy I am saying “work related “ about every 50 words haha 

thank you @KILZ FILLZim notorious for that paper trail. And that def can’t be denied at work. But I would have overlooked things like ‘details of convo’ type stuff.    I now have time to backfill some info.
my supervisor has been greatly supportive and upset they didn’t give me the days off without having to go through all that. She’s glad I did. Kinda haha. They’re short staffed already next week but not my problem. 

@mr.yuckthey only Did another X-ray.  
Im sure they were sticking to bare minimum ANYTHING and i believe part of why it took so long yesterday was approval shit. An anti inflammatory, a muscle relaxer (not classed with Soma) and some topical lidocaine were the Rxs written 
I’ve been in bed all day and am able to walk fucking normal about my house still. By this time of night usually it’s too swollen to allow movement. 
I’m  chillin for the next several days. 
thanks for all the notes and support y’all. 

I specifically mention using email vice journal etc to secure the time and date stamps. Make your potential lawyers job as easy as possible.

As cool as your supervisor may be, they answer to a manager, and at the end of the day this is a liability/cost for the company. Cover your ass at all times.

I’ve personally seen people get fucked with these. Ex: injured on the job and request a ‘reasonable accommodation’. Company has a finite time to locate an RA and after options are exhausted the employee gets “relieved”. If this leads to an RA, accept what they offer you. There may not be an option 2. 

I’m in a very specific industry tho so this may not cover-all. 

Remember what the ref says before the start of a boxing match, “PROTECT YOURSELF AT ALL TIMES!”

• Like 1
  • Props 1

45 minutes ago, KILZ FILLZ said:

How the fuck is it: I am a terrible communicator and bottle everything up and never let anyone know what’s going on… yet public speaking is one of my strengths. Like how the fuck is that dichotomy possible. 

Public speaking is letting people see and hear what you want them to - the other shit is the hard stuff because you put yourself out on front street and are super vulnerable.

My new relationship motto has been to be transparent and share my feelings. 

Being vulnerable is hella uncomfortable imo

• Like 1
  • Truth 2

On 10/18/2022 at 1:50 AM, Schnitzel said:

Not doing great been really fucking fatigued (both mentally and physically) of late.

Need to get another job.

Seems like the job hunting situation in australia is fucking awesome at the moment but just not converting. Don't even want the fucking jobs don't want to go back to full time work. Managed to get rejected for a job I hadn't even applied for which is a special effort.

48 years old and career has stalled in a big way and I'm really struggling to unstall it.

end of debbiedowner rant because on paper life is fucking grand.

image.png.02bbc0d4c80c6b317f76f03be117496c.png

But in white

Damn bruhv hopefully things turn around for your mind on the matter. I am in a similarish boat, myself. Pushing 40 and knee deep into doing my own thing but having a lot of uncertainties about sticking with it. Might get a job. Big lame. Not sure how I feel about it either way. 

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, NightmareOnElmStreet said:

Not sure I saw this lol. Probably would have chimed in. 

On 10/15/2022 at 4:10 PM, ndv said:

Yo, This is for real!

You are looking at onions and French fries with ketchup.  Ketchup was applied after I snapped the photo.

Thoughts?  

I couldn't. 

20221015_160302.jpg

• Pause 1

1 hour ago, ndv said:

That shit is hella gnarly. Would have to do a little digging but it reminds me of these hot dogs from around the way better known as “system wieners”. The amount of fresh onion on these things is disgusting and you gotta slight the order a bit to say light onion or you are fucked. 

• LOL! 1

2 hours ago, NightmareOnElmStreet said:

That shit is hella gnarly. Would have to do a little digging but it reminds me of these hot dogs from around the way better known as “system wieners”. The amount of fresh onion on these things is disgusting and you gotta slight the order a bit to say light onion or you are fucked. 

Why they call them that?

Sounds funny…..”system wieners”.

😝 

On 10/24/2022 at 11:39 AM, NightmareOnElmStreet said:

Damn bruhv hopefully things turn around for your mind on the matter. I am in a similarish boat, myself. Pushing 40 and knee deep into doing my own thing but having a lot of uncertainties about sticking with it. Might get a job. Big lame. Not sure how I feel about it either way. 

Thanks @NightmareOnElmStreetit's looking up was just overly tired and frustrated last week.

just gotta achieve things.

• Like 1

diWhy are Gen Z activists throwing soup on a famous painting? 'We're doing  these actions to get media attention because we need to get people talking'

Thoughts on these 2 and the other pair that did the same?  

Did not read the stories, I assume part of their thinking is to destroy something of value to bring attention to the destruction of valuable mother earth?

Is this young people not knowing how to protest?

Is this fucking stupid?  IMHO, yes.

Also funny to me from a graf perspective, like I wouldn't walk into a fame spot and rag someone's piece to draw attention to an unrelated issue.

From a graf perspective maybe you wouldn't give a fuck because art isn't meant to last?

My personal feeling, I'd make them an exhibit, the museum should have put up a framework around them with a museum label that says something like "common idiots," let people pass by and look but otherwise ignore these two.  Also mad curious what all these gluing idiots do to free themselves?  Is that part of the police response?  Personally, I wouldn't help them.  Turn the lights out at the end of the night and leave them stuck to the starbuck's counter or museum wall.  You stuck your ass there, now it's up to you to get yourself unstuck.  (Bronx Tale/Now You Can't Leave?)

7BDy5lz.png.7bbe71fa006b094a069ffa44c6aca006.png

• LOL! 1

Will someone educate these idiots and let them know those paintings on the wall are the replicas.  If I am correct, I believe most of the paintings we see in galleries are switched with fakes because of stuff like this.  But whatever. 

Even if real generally stored behind discreetly placed glace.

Possibly they should take the super glue and glue then face first to the wall.

Aint got nuffink on Hans-Joachim Bohlmann

Trashes  25. million euros of artworks in 1977

Goes to jail for five years

gets released

gets the shits about paying back the damage he caused

Damages another 59 million euros of artwork

• Like 1
  • Props 1

does anyone have any ideas for where and how to browse on the world wide web?

I used to know how and where to go but now I do not. I think social killed the forums and monetization killed search and together they killed the Internet.

seriously, anybody got some url's? 

• Truth 1

3 hours ago, morton said:

I used to know how and where to go but now I do not. I think social killed the forums and monetization killed search and together they killed the Internet.

www.google.com

2 hours ago, morton said:

I found a new news source that really speaks to me and people like me.

Not your granddad's news. Sike this shit is definitely your granddad's news!

• Like 1