The general discussion thread within our general discussion.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Our patio has the ladder that leads to the roof of the entire building. Last week -as I was home, sick-I see a fucking shadow on my patio.

i went and got my bat.
Then I saw feet comin down the ladder. 

I banged  the bat against the ladder near his feet and told (yelled) him to “state your name” 

it was our fucking old ass neighbor. Said he thought we were at work and he needed to get up there. 
Dudes weird. Nice guy but most small talks we have begins with him stating, “not that I watch you guys”  

this is the one who shoveled outside at 3am last winter right under our bedroom window. 
Im still unsure if I am grateful. 

also. My coworker told me to keep a sock around the end of the bat incase  I really ever need to use it -whomever I’m swinging at can’t grip the bat and pull it away from me. 

💫

• Like 1
  • LOL! 2

5 hours ago, ndv said:

Anyone here have knowledge in NIST 800-171 for small businesses?

Hell naw. I just learned how to do certified payroll for Davis Bacon wages with non existing employees. Ask me some questions about that nightmare if it ever comes up. This other shit is mad specific. 

• Truth 1
  • LOL! 1

15 hours ago, mr.yuck said:

Hell naw. I just learned how to do certified payroll for Davis Bacon wages with non existing employees. Ask me some questions about that nightmare if it ever comes up. This other shit is mad specific. 

I figured out the Assesment.  What was confusing me so much about the System Security Plan requirements,  is that I was looking at the whole thing as corporate level and not as an individual with common sense and general security protocols I place that already exist.  The problem is was having which caused all the confusion is that all of the software service providers i use e.g. email, internet, software, these companies are already compliant and implement regulations in the deveoplement of the software.  What I needed to do is to take extra security precautions on my end in regards to software and hardware.  The hardware side of things is pretty easy being the only person with physical access to devices. 

Don't get me wrong, it's not too easy, especially when you begin to go down the rabbit hole of DoD security protocols and practices, there's a bunch of Service providers that make it sound impossible for any individual to complete an assessment.  However, the flipside is the government explains everything out, just gotta read and figure it all out with a lot of mouse clicks and downloads.  But once you understand it on a simpler level opposed to an overwhelming service provider.  You save thousands.  It just takes a lot of work.  

• Truth 1

The government makes everything incredibly over complicated with inadequate instructions on how to complete their own requirements. I understand the need for these companies that can process all of the horseshit into an understandable format. I don't have the time or patience to mess with it.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, mr.yuck said:

The government makes everything incredibly over complicated with inadequate instructions on how to complete their own requirements. I understand the need for these companies that can process all of the horseshit into an understandable format. I don't have the time or patience to mess with it.

I agree with you on this.  However, for us small guys that don't have the financial means to pay these companies that have it all figured out doing all the dirty work.  I couldn't find a company that offers this service for a one man band business at an affordable price.  

• Truth 1

On 1/4/2023 at 4:52 PM, SMdoubleXL said:

Our patio has the ladder that leads to the roof of the entire building. Last week -as I was home, sick-I see a fucking shadow on my patio.

i went and got my bat.
Then I saw feet comin down the ladder. 

I banged  the bat against the ladder near his feet and told (yelled) him to “state your name” 

it was our fucking old ass neighbor. Said he thought we were at work and he needed to get up there. 
Dudes weird. Nice guy but most small talks we have begins with him stating, “not that I watch you guys”  

this is the one who shoveled outside at 3am last winter right under our bedroom window. 
Im still unsure if I am grateful. 

also. My coworker told me to keep a sock around the end of the bat incase  I really ever need to use it -whomever I’m swinging at can’t grip the bat and pull it away from me. 

💫

Did the conversation just stop there, wtf?? He needed to get up there?? Not that I watch y’all?? Lololol wuuuut. 

• LOL! 1

Been chatting to a writer on instagram for years he'd send graff pics - I'd send graff pics he'd call them euro shit usual shit.  but after a few years was a bit more personal ask how christmas was etc. how his mum was going. Never met the dude in person but traded a load of messages, put him up on pieces and he put me up etc. 

He got busted two weeks ago for graffiti offences. The police raided his house and confiscated his computer and hard drives. He was telling me about the bust and I assumed it was standard graff stuff. Then I start seeing people all over instagram screenshotting newspaper articles about him getting busted and calling him a rockspider/ paedo. Turns out while he was at station the coppers found child abuse and bestiality images on his hard drives. Not sure if his own or what - just getting the info from the newspaper.

Devastating shit because it was such a surprise. 

You can't be friends with fucking filth!!  End of fucking story

But I miss who I thought was my "friend".

• Like 4