The general discussion thread within our general discussion.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
3 hours ago, mr.yuck said:

@mortonwhat's up with that? Are they people you could always take or leave or are you just not excited about having company in general?

pretty sure they are French Canadian or something….maybe that’s why….?

• LOL! 1

We've heard it or most likely said, but not sure if we truly mean it.  

"I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy."

I would, specially in business.  This guy is cancer to business so bad, I will send this individual to anyone of my competitors in my industry. 

Honestly, it's a wise move if you consider B2B competitive advantages.  This individual is so counterintuitive to not only cost of doing business (profit), it's so bad this individual's ego had run grandfather's business in the ground, there was no choice but to sell to a competitor. 

So the question is.  If it's that bad, would you really do it?

6 hours ago, mr.yuck said:

@mortonwhat's up with that?

No big deal, I am a little torqued up that they bought plane tickets without consulting and therefore are visiting in the middle of the week which means I will have to use vacation time to host.

Beyond that it should be fine, they will probably be a little annoying but mostly pretty things like wanting to talk about politics too much etc.

• Like 3
  • Truth 1

9 hours ago, morton said:

No big deal, I am a little torqued up that they bought plane tickets without consulting and therefore are visiting in the middle of the week which means I will have to use vacation time to host.

Beyond that it should be fine, they will probably be a little annoying but mostly pretty things like wanting to talk about politics too much etc.

Tell them you are voting for Jasmine Sherman. Report back.

How would you react to finding out your company has 2.5mil life insurance policy on you without you knowing?  Say it's part of their business insurance, kinda like insuring assets.

You die, or get hurt to a point they made a payout.

Edit:  also known as "janitors insurance" or "dead peasant insurance".

Edited by ndv
  • Truth 1

1 hour ago, mr.yuck said:

I mean it makes sense. If I die on someone else's job because of their bullshit, my people are coming for that ass.

But like, say you died on the weekend or something not even job related. 

• Truth 1

11 minutes ago, mr.yuck said:

Right! Or they kill you with stress after that payout has matured.

I wouldn't be surprised if high stressed are more attractive, specially high stress jobs with poor quality health.  I bet some companies see those employees coming, perhaps some may go far as promoting fore said types in high stress situations.  Not that they are trying to kill you, just playing the odds in favor. 

But for example, think of all the delivery companies in all industries, employees that are always on the road everyday making deliveries, rather its delivering parts for autozone, or pizzas for dominoes, these people are at higher risk of being in a automobile accident than the employees working stationary at the business.

I am curious to know if say, dominoes takes out policies on thier drivers, say for 250k or may be more.  

I guess what I am trying to get at, is is it cool for companies to profit off of employees deaths. 

I mean, it's not illegal apparently,  but I have some jaded thoughts on it when I think about it. 

Wonder if some employers keep those policies open even if they are no longer an employee?  Like is there an option insurance companies offer for an x amount of years after employment termination coverage.

I think that's the real question I am trying to get at.  What would you think if you find out years down the road an ex employer made 2.5mil off off of a family members death.

• Like 1

But also, you can take life insurance policies on anyone. I should start pulling policies on all my neighbors. They aren't getting any younger.

I don't see companies spending the extra dollars per month on every employee that's ever worked for them, in perpetuity. I can see them possibly hedging their bets on current employees but I would assume they terminate the policy as soon as the liability is gone. Could you imagine McDonald's paying out on 25,000,000 different policies every month just hoping for 10 of their elderly past employees to die every month just to break even so they don't have to pay out in any crazy lawsuit. Seems like a bad gamble to keep the policy running. 

• Truth 1

On 6/9/2024 at 1:29 AM, mr.yuck said:

Tell them you are voting for Jasmine Sherman. Report back.

So, we planned and made hotel reservations for a beach trip.

Now they get here, ma does not bring a swim suit and pa can't be in direct sun.

• LOL! 2

11 hours ago, mr.yuck said:

But also, you can take life insurance policies on anyone. I should start pulling policies on all my neighbors. They aren't getting any younger.

I don't see companies spending the extra dollars per month on every employee that's ever worked for them, in perpetuity. I can see them possibly hedging their bets on current employees but I would assume they terminate the policy as soon as the liability is gone. Could you imagine McDonald's paying out on 25,000,000 different policies every month just hoping for 10 of their elderly past employees to die every month just to break even so they don't have to pay out in any crazy lawsuit. Seems like a bad gamble to keep the policy running. 

This makes sense.  Perhaps my discussion is dead in the water.  

Is it just me or is anyone else experiencing wifi connectivity issues with this new att wifi6 thing.  My tvs keep dropping connection.  I didn't have this issue before the new box upgrade.

No att issues over here I’m t hoe-bil but I do keep hearing about that shit. My tv on the other hand has a mind of its own and has been total trash with dropping connection pretty much since I got it a year ago. Sony google tv I think. Never again will I get something like that off Amazon cause the return situation is a bitch for the size and effort. 

Yo thanks @fat ralphyim going to look into that. 

16 hours ago, ndv said:

Is it just me or is anyone else experiencing wifi connectivity issues with this new att wifi6 thing.  My tvs keep dropping connection.  I didn't have this issue before the new box upgrade.

I thought you had some TV with a known connection problem….?

• Truth 1

I should probably start looking into life insurance myself tbh.. son is about to be 11 and I keep finding more gray hair than I'd like to..

Also wifi 6..? Is that why I have a little 6 icon next to the wifi logo on my phone...? Huh.. didn't know that was a thing.. I have xfinity and they hooked me up with a new box since I moved and tbh I haven't had any issues since.. 🤷🏽‍♂️

Fuck at&t tho..

2 hours ago, LUGR said:

I thought you had some TV with a known connection problem….?

True.  Although, I think it may be part of the issue.  

It's tough to know, can't call ATT, LG, or Netflix, they are all programmed to point the finger.

image.png.b9a2e7d9d40ed1a354c86aca9ec9c286.png

Edited by ndv
  • Truth 1
  • LOL! 1

On 6/8/2024 at 9:04 AM, mr.yuck said:

@mortonwhat's up with that?

So now it is becoming clear that pa is exhibiting fairly clear signs of dementia or early Alzheimer's. Ma has never broached this subject with the family, so what, do I need to be the one to break the fucking ice on this or do we just look into the distance awkwardly and hope that somehow he gets care.

I knew there was fuckery afoot. 

• Like 2
  • Truth 2

On 6/13/2024 at 7:55 AM, morton said:

So now it is becoming clear that pa is exhibiting fairly clear signs of dementia or early Alzheimer's. Ma has never broached this subject with the family, so what, do I need to be the one to break the fucking ice on this or do we just look into the distance awkwardly and hope that somehow he gets care.

I knew there was fuckery afoot. 

That sucks man. My grandmother just passed away recently from some form of dementia. It was a wild time. All of her oldster friends turned their back on her. Her husband took care of her until they went into assisted living. I think she was only in there for a few years. Neither .y grandmother nor her husband brought anything up. I'm pretty sure it was up to my mom and dad to bring it up to the rest of the family and took it from there as the issue progressed.

• Truth 1

2 hours ago, mr.yuck said:

That sucks man. My grandmother just passed away recently from some form of dementia. It was a wild time. All of her oldster friends turned their back on her. Her husband took care of her until they went into assisted living. I think she was only in there for a few years. Neither .y grandmother nor her husband brought anything up. I'm pretty sure it was up to my mom and dad to bring it up to the rest of the family and took it from there as the issue progressed.

My Dad died from early onset dementia in 2005 at age of 65.

Was diagnosed in 1994 after he had a freak out in San Diego while over there for a sailing thing with his brother. 

Spent last 9 years of his life in a secure ward.

Dementia is a motherfucker.

• Like 2
  • Truth 1

Damn - maybe we should start taking out

policys on the oontz homies, everyone shoots like 16$ monthly for the buy in. We insure the wildest and most unstable oontzer and badabing badaboom we paid. 

Enough of us have dropped to make it a potential retirement plan. 

/s

on the real though, I pray and wish well for all my e-homies 

• Like 2
  • Truth 1

On 6/16/2024 at 10:48 PM, Schnitzel said:

My Dad died from early onset dementia in 2005 at age of 65.

Was diagnosed in 1994 after he had a freak out in San Diego while over there for a sailing thing with his brother. 

Spent last 9 years of his life in a secure ward.

Dementia is a motherfucker.

That is really young, fuck, this whole thing has me re-evaluating how I want to spend my time.

Working 60 hours a week with the idea that it will pay off in a future that may never come may not be a winning proposition.

Sorry that you had to go through that.

• Truth 4