POST YOUR SHOES RIGHT NOW

glorydays

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Anybody got some recommendations for (preferably hi-top) sneakers for bad weather / cold-ish conditions?

Looking at the more rugged Vans for example, yet colorways are doing my head in, seriously what drugs are they smoking in that design department..

also there were some GoreTex AF1's last year but I don't see them now.

There's some winter-574's from New Balance, which are basically the nicest ones of all I looked at so far but as I said everybody wears NB's now, also could do with something other than all-black..

Any suggestions?

On 10/23/2020 at 8:01 AM, Deine Mudder said:

Anybody got some recommendations for (preferably hi-top) sneakers for bad weather / cold-ish conditions?

Looking at the more rugged Vans for example, yet colorways are doing my head in, seriously what drugs are they smoking in that design department..

There's some winter-574's from New Balance, which are basically the nicest ones of all I looked at so far but as I said everybody wears NB's now, also could do with something other than all-black..

Any suggestions?

nike boots winter off 54% - www.otuzaltinciparalel.com

On 10/23/2020 at 9:01 AM, Deine Mudder said:

Any suggestions?

depends on what you mean by bad weather. Those AF1s look cool, but you’d be miserable in the type of bad weather we have up where I am. In fact, the flick I just posted with Salomon GTX barely cut it in the bad weather I was just in. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, misteraven said:

depends on what you mean by bad weather. Those AF1s look cool, but you’d be miserable in the type of bad weather we have up where I am. In fact, the flick I just posted with Salomon GTX barely cut it in the bad weather I was just in. 

I read that salomon is more a shoe for people who are "advanced"...i think they meant experience with outdoor life.

How do they feel?

29 minutes ago, glorydays said:

I read that salomon is more a shoe for people who are "advanced"...i think they meant experience with outdoor life.

How do they feel?

they’re an awesome for what they’re intended for... Basically

a tactical hiker (at least the style I have). They’re super comfortable, tons of support and in general give you a feeling that your feet and ankles are well protected. Obviously not steel toe, but a similar feeling of not having to worry about your feet. Suppose it only matters in situations where you might be worried about that sort of thing. There was probably 9 inches of snow on the ground and we were running around doing stuff where you were sweating in snow. My feet are definitely dry, but also cold. Honestly they’re pretty much fine, but if I was staying out over night, I’d prefer something heavier like Sorel. But then again, nobody would be hiking distances in bricks like that. 

I can say for sure that those AF1s definitely would not work in the environment I live in unless it was just to wear on occasion when I go out. 

• Props 1

42 minutes ago, misteraven said:

they’re an awesome for what they’re intended for... Basically

a tactical hiker (at least the style I have). They’re super comfortable, tons of support and in general give you a feeling that your feet and ankles are well protected. Obviously not steel toe, but a similar feeling of not having to worry about your feet. Suppose it only matters in situations where you might be worried about that sort of thing. There was probably 9 inches of snow on the ground and we were running around doing stuff where you were sweating in snow. My feet are definitely dry, but also cold. Honestly they’re pretty much fine, but if I was staying out over night, I’d prefer something heavier like Sorel. But then again, nobody would be hiking distances in bricks like that. 

I can say for sure that those AF1s definitely would not work in the environment I live in unless it was just to wear on occasion when I go out. 

ah ok...cuz i'm thinking about getting some salomon trail running shoes.

I was wondering if they all feel the same...the GTX joint look fucking amazing

Just now, misteraven said:

image.jpeg

salomon gtx 4d

I've actually handled these boots in person and they were fucking LIGHT

I was wondering if these would actually take the elements well.

My dad proved me wrong by buying them.

Yea, those are baller...and the outsole is def made for hiking

They are definitely light, but have a pretty bulky feel. Guess I’m used to super lightweight Nike SFB’s, but those lack any support or protection for the most part. You can definitely go distance with these and they are waterproof and supportive, but wish snow caked on and my pants being wet over the top, I was pretty cold. But then again, not really what these were made for... About 9 niches of snow and below 10 degrees.  

*edited for apples shitty autocorrect. 

• Like 1

Just now, misteraven said:

They are definitely light, but have a pretty bulky feel. Guess I’m used to super lightweight Nike FSB’s, but those lack supper abs protection for the most part. You can definitely go distance with these and they are waterproof and supportive, but wish snow caked on and my pants being wet over the top, I was pretty cold. But then again, not really what these were made for... About 9 niches of snow and below 10 degrees.  

fucking hell...yea, i def know what you mean. There's like no padding in those boots aside from the insole.

I can't even imagine what your feet are feeling right now

6 hours ago, misteraven said:

depends on what you mean by bad weather.

yea I'm talking more about cold-ish scenarios, so really was looking for a type of shoe like the ones I mentioned - the rugged / somewhat insulated vans, the GoreTex AF1's, those insulated NB's (which I actually just ordered, after looking at fucking shoes on my laptop for two hours).

• Like 1

On 10/9/2020 at 2:55 PM, SMdoubleXL said:

New facility shoes.  I should gather before and afters of my last pair six  months old. Lookin like my 6 yr old ones. These feet my foot perfect and no break in required  I’m keep em on rotation  these ridiculous ones were $42    And I’m only wearin em at work so I can get them old ugly ass discounted ones that no one wants   🤷🏻‍♀️479D198A-6A2E-49CA-9D3D-E3DAA7F46D9F.thumb.jpeg.fa9c99eaa6f07c96f220428eaf4497f6.jpeg

2 weeks of wear at work already 

4C782D13-7E52-46C8-9034-54059269BCEF.thumb.jpeg.e96e4f077ac37e049956689e60741111.jpeg

• Like 2