POST YOUR SHOES RIGHT NOW

glorydays

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
2 minutes ago, ndv said:

I don't know, someone explain to me again, what is the hype about Supreme?  Did it start off as a parody to high end designer prices or something?  Is it like Vetements and just a collab of several people doing whatever?

Nah. I dont think supreme has ever been high end. And their actual prices are pretty cheap. These retardo prices on supreme come from the resale market.

• Truth 1
  • LOL! 1

Just now, glorydays said:

I think you can size down on the 991's by half if your feet arent wide

I never really feel comfortable sizing down on stuff that isn't Goodyear welted, I just got a pair of new balance xrcts in 13 and ill probably have to return them because they're a little too tight,  I gotta go up to 14 in nike running shoes

• Truth 1
  • Props 1

7 minutes ago, Qawee said:

I never really feel comfortable sizing down on stuff that isn't Goodyear welted, I just got a pair of new balance xrcts in 13 and ill probably have to return them because they're a little too tight,  I gotta go up to 14 in nike running shoes

I think the xrcts are made specifically for running

i think its different for the 900 and 1000 series

i might be wrong and im a fucking tard

30 minutes ago, glorydays said:

I think you can size down on the 991's by half if your feet arent wide

I know the 99x range tends to run a bit big, can def size down a half but you don’t have to if you got wide feet you’re right. They make them in different widths too but I always felt that warps the shoe a bit kinda looks borked. 

• Truth 1

33 minutes ago, mr.yuck said:

Nah. I dont think supreme has ever been high end. And their actual prices are pretty cheap. These retardo prices on supreme come from the resale market.

ya it’s just manufactured scarcity at this point. originally they’d said the low production runs were so they wouldn’t get stuck with shit they couldn’t sell but those days are long gone. 

i think now it’s more about maintaining the allure and appeal of stuff not everyone can get (at that og cheap price point) 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Kults said:

ya it’s just manufactured scarcity at this point. originally they’d said the low production runs were so they wouldn’t get stuck with shit they couldn’t sell but those days are long gone. 

i think now it’s more about maintaining the allure and appeal of stuff not everyone can get (at that og cheap price point) 

You know what? Aint nothin wrong with that. Back in the day when i was sittin on bricks I would tell people I was runnin low so I could charge more on smaller amounts. I think it would be super weak if the only people benefiting from the resale market were supreme employees that stashed shit off to the side.

• Truth 1

57 minutes ago, misteraven said:

appreciate the fact that you’re into it enough to pay that much. humbling to hear that. 

I am glad to here that.  I actually like the 12ozProphet brand.  I find it interesting.  Just the 12oz and Prophet make it interesting, mysterious.   And when you have something (the forum) to back it by, engage with.  It makes the tees you print out far more worth it.

Honestly,  no body is going to were a reddit, facebook, Instagram, tiktok, shirt unless its an employee and they need a gym shirt or an employee's family member.   And if so, its still gonna be perceived retarted in public.

But 12ozProphet, its a conversation piece, in some cases,  a probable cause peice, and quite frankly bad ass in all its meaning.  12 has more to offer IMO from conversation to art critiques, and entertainment (Chanel Zero) than other forums/internet sites.  I mean c'mon let's face it, I sure as hell wouldn't wear an etsy shirt even if I made a million in sales.  Youtube shirt?  Thats just gay.  D.B.G.  Don't be gay.  Watch YouTube, don't wear it. 

Now a 12 tee that just said Channel Zero, thats cool.  Or a cucumber 🥒 in motion as if its flying like the one in the thread "Most vile shit found on the internet"   that'll be a shirt to have. 

*edit:  a new tee thought.  You should make one of those holographic images that display motion when angling back in forth  of the very same clip.    Which raises a valid question, aren't those holographs first gen gifs?  

Anyhow.

So going back to the over hype supreme thing.  I just didn't understand the hype and price associated with it.    Don't get me wrong, I'll wear some high end designer tees, D&G is my fave because its probably the last true designers that are arguably to say its art you can wear more so than a brand like gucci or  Abercrombie & Fitch.   In other words, I like things of value which can be artistic, very well made, or have meaning.   12ozProphet falls in that category.   Which has meaning, the screen print quality is very good to say the least.

However, for me with supreme, I just do not see supreme (regardless of price or popularity) that "supreme".  Unless I am completely missing something, which is the cause for lack of consideration.   But I am not going to knock it.   They did better than I can with a stylized word and props for that. 

But yeah @misteraven  I think you have a really cool brand that is also very unique which gives the brand a lot of potential.   This is reason enough to pay over 100 for one of your tees.  Although I probably would have paid more for the tee because it is rare, the condition is brand new, and the baseball tee is really dope.

• Like 1
  • Props 1

What would make it even more funny with the flying cucumber 🥒  tee, is to print a 1" sq. Qrcode on the back shoulder area for those that curiosity hasnt killed the cat, the cat behind you can scan the qrcode at their own risk that would bring them to the gif. 

Edited by ndv
  • LOL! 1