POST YOUR SHOES RIGHT NOW

glorydays

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
17 minutes ago, Mercer said:

830542403_2020-04-1520_25_25.thumb.jpg.bf8330dac0065980f6c096a0d137fd9a.jpg

I'm on my 6th pair of Asolo, 7th is already waiting in the box. I wear through the soles on a pair of these once every 2 years. I'm on my feet all day in rough/unpredictable environments.

Have you looked into resoling those? I get my red wings resoled. I can recommend a spot in Boulder  (rock and resole) that have done several pairs of climbing shoes  for me.

Don't know if asolo 's can be or not, but I hate ditching a perfectly broken in boot when a $150 resole can give me two more years vs $350+ for a new pair.

Just now, metronome said:

@mr.yuckI've been wearing this boot in particular as my work wear for about 10 years now.

I had Redwings (probably exactly like those) maybe 10 + years ago, probably one of the best work boots. They recommend them for technicians like myself because I'm regularly lifting 50 lbs. plus batteries, but I'm also putting in quite a few miles a day, stairs etc. and prefer the risk of wearing lighter boots. 

1 minute ago, Mercer said:

I had Redwings (probably exactly like those) maybe 10 + years ago, probably one of the best work boots. They recommend them for technicians like myself because I'm regularly lifting 50 lbs. plus batteries, but I'm also putting in quite a few miles a day, stairs etc. and prefer the risk of wearing lighter boots. 

My one beef with the redwings is they are heavy.

I'm a tech as well (if you couldn't tell by the coveralls) and a few things I really do like about the goretex redwings are they are waterproof and I find there is barely any break in for them.

We get a boot allowance and I'm thinking of switching it up for my next pair and going with Haix.

• Truth 1
  • Props 1

Just now, Fist 666 said:

Have you looked into resoling those? I get my red wings resoled. I can recommend a spot in Boulder  (rockin' resole) that have done several pairs of climbing shoes and a pair of boots for me.

Don't know if asolo 's can be or not, but I hate ditching a perfectly broken in boot when a $150 resole can give me two more years vs $350+ for a new pair.

There's only one guy in the United States that re-soles Asolos well enough to be recommended, but he's expensive and in Portland. These hiking boots are almost like sneakers, it doesn't really make sense to resole them like a good danner/redwing or real leather boot.

16 minutes ago, metronome said:

@mr.yuckI've been wearing this boot in particular as my work wear for about 10 years now.

Ive never tried on a pair of redwings before but have heard nothing but good about them. I went to a saddlery around my way and picked these muck boots about 3 years ago. 

@Mercerwhat is the price point on those Asolos? I like a lightweight boot myself.

9 minutes ago, mr.yuck said:

Ive never tried on a pair of redwings before but have heard nothing but good about them. I went to a saddlery around my way and picked these muck boots about 3 years ago. 

@Mercerwhat is the price point on those Asolos? I like a lightweight boot myself.

Got them on Amazon for $168 on sale, price shot back up to $224 now for me.

2nd pair was a nice come up, they didn't deliver the 1st pair but had marked them delivered. I bitched about it and Amazon refunded, so I ordered again at the sale price. 2 days later the 1st pair I ordered finally arrived, then the 2nd pair arrived a few days later. Shout out to the UPS drivers that mark stuff delivered, then come through two days later with it after you've been refunded.

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 1
  • Props 1
  • LOL! 2

16 hours ago, glorydays said:

Keens are fucking baller...theyre tough

For the amount of walking I do each day, and the type of floor we have in the hangar, they are the best I have come across. With all the other brands and styles of work boots I’ve tried I ended up having sore joints and back at the end of the day, but not these. 

59 minutes ago, KILZ FILLZ said:

For the amount of walking I do each day, and the type of floor we have in the hangar, they are the best I have come across. With all the other brands and styles of work boots I’ve tried I ended up having sore joints and back at the end of the day, but not these. 

How's the arch support cuz my coworker swears by them also.