Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

WEEKLY TOP 5 *Top 5 Dead Artists in Your Regular Rotation* 4/12/20

I've been hoping AFI would come back on here and kick these off, but until he does, maybe a few of us can bring back the music conversation to Channel Zero. (Don't move this to /music @KILZ FILLZ)

To start things off, the top five artists (full bands or significant members of) you listen to on the regular that are with us no longer.

5.  Pantera--CFH, vulgar display of power, great southern trendkill, and far beyond driven get played at least monthly. 

4.  RUSH--I was blown away when the RIP Neil Pert thread got zero replies. Fuck all of you tasteless fucks. But seriously, I listen to a lot of RUSH.

3. Gangstarr--Moment of Truth is why I ever got into hip-hop at all, and One of the Best Yet did not disappoint, though some of it just felt like remixes of old stuff.

2. Ronny James Dio--I've been listening to Black Sabbath's Heaven and Hell and Dehumanizer almost weekly for the last six months. Truly superb albums.

1. Motorhead (obviously). --These dudes will forever get a ton of play from me.

• Truth 1
This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Obv Motorhead and Pantera

The Germs

Nirvana

Hendrix

The Reatards

Alice In Chains {JUST finished listening to Unplugged}

(With the Rona I guess I'm going to have to include John Prine.  The fact that he's gone makes me as sad as realizing I didn't post in the Neil Pert thread.)

Edited by xen
  • Like 2

Janis Joplin 

Prince 

-on steady rotation 

some people who are in earshot of  my playlists

can attest that there are at least one of their songs in each of my playlists. 

tupac

biggie 

otis redding 

guru 

-make a fair amount of cameos 

I don’t think I have broad musical Knowledge  

• Like 2
10 hours ago, Fist 666 said:

I was surprised when he wasn't in your first post. 

I tend to go in cycles and GG isn't steady this week.  I also wasn't sure if you meant this to go as a "post once a week" deal or what.  I have a lot of DOA bands I listen to and more than just an RIP mega-thread, folks I actually listen to on the reg can be updated frequently.  

*album recs for us plebs might go well like "What album should I start with" type thing..

Edited by xen