70's-00's MEMORIES... 12oz Personal Edition

misteraven

@misteraven

@~KRYLON2~ see Chicago Rocks, early local Midwest zines were B&W on newsprint. Somewhere I also have Klip Art, which actually glued real photos to some pages. Wild.

I was just grabbing taco seasoning in my pantry and a crate near some art supplies grabbed my attention, it’s got a bunch of old graff zines from the 90s, but I know I have a ton more, including almost every LIFE SUCKS DIE mag, the best mag ever, I believe I’m only missing issue 1. I’ve lost a lot over the years, mostly loaned and never got them back 😞 who knew I’d be so heart broken about it 25 years later.

I’ll post more when I find them, they’re probably buried in the garage with my old graff flicks.

28328D95-4EEA-45A6-9E24-E9DCFBC2E943.jpeg

75A811F6-C349-4264-8E80-A00A01086E3C.jpeg

C2FF9F95-4021-48BE-A7D6-F5D966B6AA3C.jpeg

190A9C57-3C43-4747-A208-8B8D6302E89A.jpeg

65725E3C-552F-401B-93F8-77408DB1654F.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Props 3

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

the headshots tape I got from Slug at a show at the double door 

MUL - I got that at one of their parties 

DJ Snuggles - I got that at a Snuggles, Phantom 45, and Danny the wildchild warehouse party on the westside

Couple of boxes of various hip hop, DNB, punk radio shows I recorded 

That Fat Crew mag I got from a friend at RRR, it was a summer camp for kids of the employees of Fel-Pro gaskets in skokie. That place was a fucking Gladiator camp for kids, all we did was get into fights or get fucked up lol 

• Props 2

Yeah there's no doubt we both enjoyed that great age of Chicago hip hop and graffiti. I miss that feeling of the unknown, whether it was a show at a new venue, or a house party on the other side of town. I'll never forget the countless people I've met and had awesome time with, even if it was just for one night.  

• Like 1
  • Truth 1

7 hours ago, Drue_Down said:

I’ll post more when I find them, they’re probably buried in the garage with my old graff flicks.

28328D95-4EEA-45A6-9E24-E9DCFBC2E943.jpeg

I have a really really horrid piece in that graphotism top right. 

@Drue_Down if you go through any of your old graff mags and find you got some doubles hit me up - always looking to complete collections of OTG and LSD etc.

• Props 1

On 4/12/2020 at 1:58 AM, misteraven said:

247FE621-C07F-47A8-ACC9-99C76517D2DA.jpeg

High School, rolling in my hot pearl raspberry 64 Impala SS. Circa 1989. 

My dad bought a 64 baby blue impala 4 door. It was a tank/boat 17.5 feet long. 

Him and my brother were fixing it up around the time my brother was 17.  I remember it being longer than my moms minivan.  

One day, my brother took me with him and some friends to a liquor store on the edge of town that one of their friends mom worked at so they could get drinks for the weekend. The owner was a straight up alcoholic so he hardly ever carded. It was like 3:30 or so cause we were out of school. We got there and dude was passed out behind the counter. Went home, got the impala, came back and filled the trunk with booze.  Those trunks would probably fit 4 grown men. 

After that, locked up the store and the kid called his mom to come clean the guy up. Since we were all teenagers, I’m sure they just took cheap shitty liquor cause they didn’t know any better. That was a pretty good time. 

• Like 3
  • Props 1

29 minutes ago, Fist 666 said:

You have two hearts, on the outside of your chest? Fucking weirdo.

stg I  must have read this a dozen times.  Stepped away and read a few more times 

then I fucking got it. 

image.gif.cae236946d7c2341bed4644d27eb5e50.gif

I’m so disappointed in myself. 12 oz taught me better than that 

• LOL! 2

On 4/11/2020 at 10:58 PM, misteraven said:

A5775383-2EA2-4599-B946-956974C87A5B.jpeg

6A006091-2709-4151-B903-368E4036A9E9.jpeg

Some photos we did back in the AKA studio days for the Supreme Book. Mark Gonzales artwork (top) and Rammellzee (bottom). Myself and @psm026

Old AKA / 12ozProphet studio in Soho was lit. 

So supreme released a Rammellzee collection this season and @misteravenjust dropped these gems on us.

The photo tee for Rammellzee was literally a screenshot of the video interview for Supreme.

Supreme Rammellzee Tee White

Gma let my lady and I stay here after some trouble I was in / save $ for the wedding [which was amazing] + future move . She’s overseas for pretty much the whole year these days so it’s worked out well for everyone involved . Been 2.5 years back , ready to dip !

found some gems while going through her old albums

Still got that piano , lost the cap 🧢 

268C39AA-F94F-4371-8E7B-265223F75773.jpeg

D67E3A1B-E30D-4CCB-BAC3-06E7F46ABC56.jpeg

• Like 3