Pass the Corona ese... Novel Corona aka COVID-19

abrasivesaint

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

glad you got through it @abrasivesaint 🏆🍻

so far on this end my results from last week came back negative still.. whatever it is im doing right im still doing.. spraying shit non stop and constant hand sanitizer and somewhat distancing myself.. my girls daughter went back to her fathers crib and since then my girl wont shut the FUCK up about going outside and wont leave me the fuck alone in the front room.. "well the doctors said after 10 days im not contagious anymore but i can still test positive for 3 months" i dont give a fuck about any of that.. stay the fuck away from me until you come out negative.. so, with that being said i NOW have to wear my mask 24/7 since she wont leave me alone.. we took another test this morning so now its just wait for these results now and hope for the best..

• Like 1
  • LOL! 1

@abrasivesaint that sounds fucking miserable and I sincerely hope you recover 100 -soon. 

can’t even lie tho-reading that shit made me think and realize Ive gotten lazy -or maybe comfortable-idk about being conscious of my being. Washing my hands any chance I had -really avoiding certain places/areas or mass peoples. ...that kinda stuff.  We have more employees now so work enforces a double mask   
things are opening up more now here.  Plus weather is getting nice so more people. 

I set an appointment at a salon today and I’m on my way and admit I grabbed my hand sani and double masked it because I just re read AS post and fuck that shit. 
it my first like thing I’ve done besides go in and grab food  as far as avoiding anything out of necessity. 

Plus  pear trees are blooming and they smell like ass so double up ain’t the worst thing. 

Edited by SMdoubleXL
  • Like 1
  • LOL! 1

Who would have thought conversations on 12ozProphet helped push me towards escaping NYC a couple of weeks before the virus hit there. Damn, reading through this thread brought back some memories. Looking through the other threads I can trace conversations, perspectives to real world net worth gains, getting into crypto, and  homeownership just in time. This forum is laced with historical gems going way the fuck back.

• Like 5
  • Truth 1
  • Props 1

11 hours ago, Mercer said:

Who would have thought conversations on 12ozProphet helped push me towards escaping NYC a couple of weeks before the virus hit there. Damn, reading through this thread brought back some memories. Looking through the other threads I can trace conversations, perspectives to real world net worth gains, getting into crypto, and  homeownership just in time. This forum is laced with historical gems going way the fuck back.

Your departure from NYC was an absolute classic. I remember you posted a picture driving out right before the shit hit the fan.

• Truth 1

I don't to be a conspiracy /anti MSM/ sort of person

But I was talking with my wife last and we both realised we haven't seen jackshit about daily covid case increases in the USA since the Biden administration kicked off.

Looking at the graph on the bing tracker you can see how  the case numbers were dropping but the  shift from "New cases" to "Vaccination numbers" on the media coverage seems a little jarring.

when it was trump it was all  "trump's legacy will be 500,000 dead americans"
now it's like.........crickets.........414850499_ScreenShot2021-04-12at12_47_13pm.thumb.png.0f940027d4f93870604212968ae22284.png

LIke did the vaccinations begin shortly before Biden came in or what? you can see the trend was already downward

• Like 1
  • Props 1

On 3/5/2021 at 2:20 PM, Schnitzel said:

doesnt really affect me I guess

Screen Shot 2021-03-05 at 2.19.55 pm.png

today our prime minister basically threw his hands up and said "fuck it I don't know when vaccinations will happen.I know I said entire population by October but I didn't mention the year"

hoping a gradual return to normal in terms of travel because I'm going to be 50 by the next time I can get overseas at this rate.

• LOL! 1

I've stopped doing business with any place that thinks I'm responsible for the safety of others around me.  It's been quite liberating and it shouldn't be. 

Im going to probably register a domain that just lists people and companies that support election fraud and our population being comprised of sheep who are told what to think. 

The masks are a means of exhibiting situational power by neo liberals. They have never known what it's like to have power or control over much of anything so this is like crack to them. This mask thing. 

oh yeah hey. Can yall wear a mask when you read 12oz plz thx?

A mask is protective, point blank, period. Do i wear a mask around friends and family? No. Should I? Maybe, because i don't know what they’ve been exposed to. (Surprise, i caught COVID.) Do i throw it on in a store, or other enclosed public spaces? Sure, because it’s no skin off my ass and i don’t trust any of y’all mother fuckers to not be nasty cunts. Fools will wear a rubber to protect their dick but won’t wear a mask to protect themselves from a virus that can put you in the dirt,  haha..

Hospital staff wouldn’t wear masks day in and day out (pre-covid, mind you) if they didn’t do jack shit. I’ve worked in hospitals for over a decade now and worked directly with infected, soiled, disease riddled shit (sometimes literal shit), and have not caught stuff like CJD because of masks, gloves, gowns, and face shields. All throughout lockdowns last year i worked in hospitals down south and in the north west. I directly dealt with surgical equipment and covid positive patients 5-6 times that i can confirm, and I didn’t catch covid until i was back home in New England, dicking around, not “following guidelines.” 

“vaccines have micro chips and have killed people and blah blah..” ... Ya, well modern technology has been tracking you for years now, and peanut butter is a death sentence to some people. Your phone has GPS, your vehicle probably has GPS, every ass hat now has cute little cameras to “watch their dogs” when they’re not home.. As a population we gladly give up our rights to privacy without even thinking, all the time.. Would i get a flu shot if i didn't have to? Probably not. Have i died because of any flu shots? Clearly i have not. Have some people? Probably, never looked into it. I mean isn’t there that old video of some chick that got a flu shot and then all the sudden couldn’t walk and the internet took her video and put that “walk it out” song to it? ..Our bodies react differently to different shit. 

Medical staff are some of the first people to get vaccinated. During flu season, you have 2 choices as medical staff, 1.) get a flu shot, or 2.) wear a mask for the entirety of flu season. It has always been this way. All of the sudden it’s like everyone’s a medical expert with tin foil PHDs from WebMD and Qanon Universities. It’s laughable. 

...maybe the situational power has been that the population has been spending vast amounts of time and effort deep diving into utter nonsense through internet conspiracies leaving the majority of the populous reeling in our cute little places yet again because it’s another thing for us to yell at each other about for the coming months while business as usual is conducted behind the drapes by the men and women that we think are at odds with each other because they wear red or blue ties and bows, but live in the same neighborhoods and dine at the same private clubs and hold the same power over all of us as they always have..

..and the American theatre stays in business, and goes round and round.. 

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, Dark_Knight said:

@Kultsimma need to know your whereabouts from last night 

We've had it with this curfew. ^ I dont condone that shit, im at least consistent. It wasnt right for BLM to tear everything up to shit last summer for their cause and I still dont think its right for these ppl to have done this crap even if I agree that a curfew should be ruled unconstitutional

They just ruined it for the rest of us.

Weve had a 9pm ( and now 8 pm) curfew going on months now. How does stopping ppl from taking a walk or driving around alone passed 8pm help curb the spread of this virus. ridiculous and absolutely 0 justification for it.

Now theyre even issuing tickets to people sitting in parks without their masks on. Our local gov has lost its mind

• Like 3
  • Truth 2

4 minutes ago, Dark_Knight said:

@Kultsi thought the same thing when they had a10pm curfew here. Like covid is gonna wait until 10pm to start spreading lol. Having a curfew to combat a virus makes no sense.

our numbers are no better than anywhere else’s. it’s complete nonsense 

i’ve got no proof of this but id wager it actually has the opposite effect as everyone crowds stores and public transit right after work so they can get home before curfew. i wouldn’t be at all surprised if it actually helps the virus spread. not to mention people still getting together but just doing so covertly indoors, which we all know is worse than seeing people outside. 

the real reason is because it appeals to the gov’s base, which in this case happens to be suburban or rural boomers who are in bed by 830pm anyway ( curfew changes fuck all for them ) and punishes the urban‘ selfish young people’ for daring to go outside after dark. boomers love it 

• Like 2
  • Truth 1

New Orleans had a curfew when i was living there. I had no idea for like 2 weeks and was still going out at night because i was working overnights and was still awake at night on my days off. (I was still going out after i knew about the curfew, but, anyways..) No cops ever gave a fuck, nobody ever stopped me or anything. It is New Orleans though, they got a lot bigger fish to fry. 

The only thing i could think of was that i thought i read or heard that sunlight did actually slow the spread of the virus because exposure to the sun actually killed the virus, but i may have just pulled that out of my ass. In reality i just chalked it up to overreach of power and control. 

it was also a great time to bring my dog to the park, no ones at the dog park at 3am, ha.

Edited by abrasivesaint
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...