Pass the Corona ese... Novel Corona aka COVID-19

abrasivesaint

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
On 2/5/2021 at 9:04 AM, Dirty_habiT said:

That's painting with broad strokes there.

You’re exactly right. And that’s my bad. Now that I read it, I come off as an ass. That’s not how I am. I’m sorry and I don’t mean to belittle. I want to discuss. 

sometimes I post here and I try to be short and concise as possible for the sake of efficiency and digestibility. And all that leads to is my thoughts being incomplete and posts being unclear of where I am coming from and what my broader point is. I need to work on that. 

my intention with that post was a response to your comments that you didn’t research them but just listened. (Not sure if that’s what your point was, that’s just the way I read it). And my goal was to point out that just because someone has DR before their name, their intentions may not be true. OZ and DREW have both been exposed as snakeoil salesmen. After researching the speaker in your vid, I saw she has a website and podcast and a lot of controversy attached. I think that her and the examples I responded with may all fall into the category of “quack”. They want to either sell something or be in the spotlight.

I want to continue this dialogue in an even-way and I’m sorry my short post was dickish. It was. 

I think that you and I have had enough dialogue here to have a good feeling of where the other is coming from. And I think that both of us are sharp enough to recognize neither is likely to be successful in swaying the other. But- I think communicating and bouncing perspectives off each other is valuable. I want to know where you are coming from and why. And I hope you feel the same. I am interested in understanding, not contesting. Again sorry for being snappy in my reply. I usually post here while walking from one mtg to another or whatever and am short with my typing. 

• Like 4

On 2/4/2021 at 8:18 PM, nicklesndimes said:

143207772_2765495117050951_1037630015550432865_n.jpg

If I may interject a little anecdotal ditty in here: Im a firm believer in wearing masks. Last year I washed my hands, sanitized on the regular and wore a mask out in public. I didnt get sick once. Not a head cold, Not a chest cold, and I wasnt effected by the pollen in the air. I usually catch 3 minor colds a year that last a couple of days. 

• Like 2
  • Truth 2

• 2 weeks later...

@KILZ FILLZ- in response to your last post, sorry for late reply...... I just didn't have time to dedicate to responding the way I wanted to when I read it.  Thank you for apologizing, I wasn't really upset and I think it's a really respectful thing to do (saying sorry)_.... but that's another book I could write lol.  I'm guilty of being too quick with my responses at times, but noticing it has given me something to do for myself to grow.

What I was getting to by saying that I "didn't look her up" is that my goal in watching her was to see what she was talking about and not so much who she was.  Lies are MUCH harder to tell than the truth and when you get into super elaborate 1h+ long Youtube lies it turns from being something "little and misleading" into a chore.

Then you'd have to think, someone has to want to spend time on this lie, hone it, and then tell it.... There needs to be a motive to make elaborate lies.... One should ask, what motive would someone have to not tell the truth.  "What would one stand to gain by making X choice instead of Y choice?"

I am not at all suggesting that I know what she said was true or not.  Dismissing someone before listening to them strikes me as an "immediate gratification" thing to do.  It is like when people have to whip their phone out to have a conversation because the search engine knows the thing they're trying to talk about authoritatively and they do not.

People don't seem to just talk and listen to one another (often) anymore, everyone's VERY concerned with "who's who".  I don't really like celebrities either, like I don't really get into jocking other people at all really. 

(no intention of suggesting that you did any of the above, just giving perspective on my thoughts.)

• Like 1
  • Props 1

damn we got shafted bloody Italians

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/mar/04/italy-blocks-export-of-250000-astrazeneca-vaccine-doses-to-australia

Italy has blocked the export of 250,000 doses of the Oxford/AstraZeneca vaccine to Australia in an escalation of a row with the Anglo-Swedish company.

In the first such intervention under the EU’s controversial export authorisation scheme, the Italian government ordered that the doses remain in the bloc with the backing of the European commission.

The move will alarm those concerned that the EU is moving towards a protectionist approach to vaccine supply. The commission had repeatedly and publicly insisted that it did not intend to impose a ban.

The EU has been engaged in high-profile row with AstraZeneca after the company informed officials of a shortfall in deliveries this quarter due to a production problem in one of its EU sites.

A mechanism under which vaccine suppliers would need to gain authorisation for exports out of the EU was drawn up amid concerns that doses made within the bloc were being delivered to the UK.

The commission had insisted for weeks that the mechanism was primarily about transparency. But Ursula von der Leyen, the commission president, had privately assured the 27 EU heads of state and government at a summit last week that exports would be prevented in cases where suppliers were not fulfilling their contractual obligations.

AstraZeneca has production sites in Belgium, the Netherlands, Germany and Italy. Australia has purchased 53m doses from the company, which are due to be rolled out this month. The vaccine has the advantage of being able to be kept in normal refrigerated conditions rather than in freezers.

AstraZeneca had made deliveries to Italy last week that were about 10-15% lighter than expected. But the company had insisted it would respect its commitment to supply the country with 4.2m doses in the first quarter of the year.

The Italian government, under its new prime minister, Mario Draghi, formerly president of the European Central Bank, had nevertheless notified the commission at the end of the week of its intentions and received Brussels’ backing. He had voiced his concerns that the EU was not being stricter on exports during the leaders’ summit.

Italy’s foreign ministry said in a statement that Australia was not considered to be “a vulnerable country” and that the decision was made due to the “persistence of the vaccine shortage in the EU and Italy, the delays in supply of AstraZeneca vaccines to the EU and Italy and the very high number of doses” that the company wanted to export.

Bernd Lange, the German MEP who chairs the European parliament’s trade committee said the move was a “mistake” that others would now emulate.

He tweeted: “Pandora’s box opened. Mistake. Carte blanche for imitators. Could have fatal consequences, e.g. on supply chains. Prelude to global battle over Covid-19 vaccines? Escalation inevitable”.

The EU has approved about 150 requests for the export of vaccines since it established its authorisation mechanism, with only Italy so far having rejected such a request.

• 2 weeks later...

Hope you get well soon @abrasivesaint

my girls daughter has been with us since last Saturday and is positive she's staying till april 1st.. took a test the other day my results were negative.. my girls was too but she took a rapid test earlier this morning and she came out positive.. now I'm stuck in this fucking house with a girl who keeps coming out of her room and her mother who keeps going IN the room to play with her.. really fucking annoyed with both of them at this point honestly..

gonna take another test soon one of these days and hopefully it comes out negative again.. fingers crossed.. 🤞🏼 till then I told them both don't come out of either room and don't step foot in the front room or I'm gonna lose my shit..

2 hours ago, Tails0nE said:

Hope you get well soon @abrasivesaint

my girls daughter has been with us since last Saturday and is positive she's staying till april 1st.. took a test the other day my results were negative.. my girls was too but she took a rapid test earlier this morning and she came out positive.. now I'm stuck in this fucking house with a girl who keeps coming out of her room and her mother who keeps going IN the room to play with her.. really fucking annoyed with both of them at this point honestly..

gonna take another test soon one of these days and hopefully it comes out negative again.. fingers crossed.. 🤞🏼 till then I told them both don't come out of either room and don't step foot in the front room or I'm gonna lose my shit..

I don’t blame you. I don’t leave this room unless i’m hitting the bathroom and i wear a mask the whole time. Good luck.

Anyone experiencing symptoms or just positive results so far? 

2 minutes ago, abrasivesaint said:

I don’t blame you. I don’t leave this room unless i’m hitting the bathroom and i wear a mask the whole time. Good luck.

Anyone experiencing symptoms or just positive results so far? 

yeah id keep my mask on if the daughter came out n constantly sprayed shit down like the fridge handle and what not.. and honestly not really just positive results.. like her daughter the second night she stayed with us came in the room and laid with her saying her stomach hurt and she had chills.. but since then she just coughs here and there and says her head hurts for a bit, then shes fine, then it'll hurt again for a lil while then back to normal.. havent had that much of an appetite cause of her stomach i guess but she ate like a mofo this morning before i woke up so thats good i guess..

as far as that no real serious symptoms thankfully.. just gotta see how my girl feels these next couple of days along with her daughter.. the chicgao public health board or whatever called after we got her daughters tests and said to keep her indoors till april 1st so i guess thats the target date to see if were all good or not by.. till then just gonna be here..🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

I’ve had:

-chills

-fever

-sweats

-aches

-pains

-constant headaches

-bad pressure behind my eyes

-my hands and feet are constantly going cold

-hunger, but i couldnt eat

-loss of taste

-nausea

- terrible fatigue

- heart palpitations 

-Cant sleep for more than 30 minutes

- coughing fits that would result in it being hard to breathe because i’d be hacking up a lung and gagging and i couldnt stop, resulting in my chest/lungs burning something fucking fierce

- ridiculous diarrhea (gross, dude)

- issues breathing, like shortness of breath, wind taken out of me, my breath would also do some weird shit i honestly dont how to describe, like “fluttery convulsions”, maybe? 
- Wearing a mask for longer than like 2 seconds causes shortness of breath and results in coughing. 
- was having some inexplicable dreams that literally dont have words to describe what would happen because if i tried to focus on any sort of the chaos i’d either wake up or it would change, almost like what i’ve heard hallucinating on certain drugs can be like

- at one point i couldnt do anything but lay on my stomach or i would throw a coughing fit

Some of these symptoms come and go too, so i’ll start to feel good, and then get fucking slammed. 

This has legit been the worst shit i’ve probably ever dealt with. I’ve had the flu before, i’ve even had the flu for like a week or so before, this has been far, far worse. If i had to choose 2 weeks of this again or being in the hospital for 6 weeks, bed ridden for 6 weeks, and then a couple years of off and on physical therapy and pain because of my motorcycle wreck, i’m choosing the motorcycle wreck. At least they could treat me with some serious pain and anxiety meds and so forth. This has been torturous, it’s basically take some Tylenol for the fever and hope you dont die champ. 

Edited by abrasivesaint
  • Like 1

holy fuck dude thats nuts.. honestly its not even like that over here on this side.. i really hope you get well soon my dude.. its crazy hearing that cause its super chill over here for us with my girl and her daughter..

my girls daughter has been fine and just in her room.. i hear her cough and sneeze here and there more coughing sometimes but then shes cool.. my girl has just been on and off lethargic but also has had that pain behind her eyes but not as bad she says it just feels like a minor headache.. she says it comes and goes same with her hot flashes.. all in all they both dont have any serious problems thankfully but literally last night my girl lost her smell and taste.. said she was wondering why she couldnt taste the siracha in her sandwich and figured out it was cause of covid.. she took a shot of siracha, nothing.. valentina, nothing.. some lime juice we had in the fridge, nothing.. mouthwash? nope, nothing.. she said it feels like theres a thin clear film over her tongue preventing her from tasting kind of like the numbing gel they have you gargle at the doctor when you're bout to have surgery or something but just for taste.. she said shes not scared just more weirded out and finds it interesting.. apparently smoking weed has helped with the pressure behind her eyes since she doesnt have any of the respiratory problems.. she did have some dizzy spells the other day but yesterday she was completely fine and today shes just mad tired with a headache..

as for me i havent been feeling any different really.. my girl has gotten kind of annoyed with me cause im dead ass constantly spraying shit down and excessively washing my hands and using sanitizer.. ill walk around and spray the light switches, sink handles, toilet handle, fridge and door handles n everything like 3 times a day or so.. or whenever theyre both in the kitchen trying to make food and they leave just to be sure.. its mad annoying yes and even as im sitting here in the front completely away from everyone i still wear my mask and that hasnt bothered me at all until now.. i dont wear it all day ill take it off hear and there and at night i spray EVERYTHING down then take it off and chill.. still dont feel different.. only thing is i kind of do feel a random hot flash but i feel like its just my hot ass breath flowing back to me because of this fucking mask cause i dont feel it all over.. maybe im just being mad paranoid with certain things but we all went to take another covid test this morning so now its just wait and see what the results are..

its crazy how vastly different this is hitting other people compared to us.. one of my homegirls said she caught it in november and is fine now she can taste again but her smell is off.. apparently it comes and goes but when its there its very faint smells of stuff.. like lotion and cologne she can barely smell anymore, cilantro kind of tastes weird to her now but shes fine besides the smelling part..

i sincerely hope you get well soon and dont have any long lasting affects of this shit  @abrasivesaint 🙏

• Props 1

@Tails0nEi’ve heard some stories from varying people of the past few days and they really do range all over the place. I’ve heard from someone that they know someone who had it as bad as i have. When i go to the bathroom i wear the mask for the like 5 steps and then i remove it, if i sit on the toilet i wipe it down, and just wash my hands. Its usually sprayed down and all that stuff after, its definitely better safe than sorry. I even wipe down the shampoo bottles and such after i take showers. 

Thanks though man, even though its been hell i do feel like i’m getting better, just very slowly, which i’ve heard is normal.

• Like 2