Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
abrasivesaint

Pass the Corona ese... Novel Corona aka COVID-19

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Off topic from mutations but something probably worth investigating is the distribution of other coronavirus strains such as the ones that cause around 30% of common colds. There has been some postulation that antibodies developed from those infections creates a partial resistance to Spike proteins. There is a good chance that this has already been discussed in here, pretty sure this is a big factor in hospitalizations. 

• Like 1

@Hua Guofangwhats your findings on whether this was natural or man made? I've seen some compelling discussions both ways. Also, what's the primary source(s) for your position on that detail?

I've largely tuned out of the Covid conversation. Been trying to focus on my circle of control and considering my lifestyle, I'm going to bet my life on the fact that I'm probably among the least likely to be medically affected. Rather put my efforts towards financial stability / prosperity, which what I was doing anyways. Seems to me this thing has been politicized to death and back and dead again and we're still sitting at pretty insignificant numbers IMHO from a global perspective. I am curious where it'll go and obviously both interested and concerned about the non medical aftermath of this, most especially the side of it that has to do with new legislation and impacts on individual liberty and freedoms. Posted this a little ways up, but this podcast is the first time since pretty early on that I've been concerned... https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-survival-podcast/id284148583?i=1000473909022

In any case, just wondering if there's any semblance of a consensus on whether the thing was engineered or not.

• Like 2
  • Props 1

7 hours ago, KILZ FILLZ said:

252E9ECB-28FA-44F7-8431-2574A1657387.thumb.jpeg.cb9da3e8d04e1296b7459d8dd0f7c5f4.jpeg

062BC207-9B6E-406D-8C0F-8E35A99D6C06.jpeg

22 hours ago, morton said:

Marvin the Martian tat

• Like 1

Saw my first MAGA face mask a the garden store today.

8 hours ago, misteraven said:

@Hua Guofangwhats your findings on whether this was natural or man made? I've seen some compelling discussions both ways. Also, what's the primary source(s) for your position on that detail?

I've largely tuned out of the Covid conversation. Been trying to focus on my circle of control and considering my lifestyle, I'm going to bet my life on the fact that I'm probably among the least likely to be medically affected. Rather put my efforts towards financial stability / prosperity, which what I was doing anyways. Seems to me this thing has been politicized to death and back and dead again and we're still sitting at pretty insignificant numbers IMHO from a global perspective. I am curious where it'll go and obviously both interested and concerned about the non medical aftermath of this, most especially the side of it that has to do with new legislation and impacts on individual liberty and freedoms. Posted this a little ways up, but this podcast is the first time since pretty early on that I've been concerned... https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-survival-podcast/id284148583?i=1000473909022

In any case, just wondering if there's any semblance of a consensus on whether the thing was engineered or not.

I haven't paid too much attention to that side of the discussion as in regards to the crisis management aspect, it doesn't make a lot of difference. However, the reputable virology labs (outside of China/US) have said that it's 100% a natural virus as have multiple intelligence organisations. They are the top experts when it comes to this, so that's who I listen to. I've actually not seen anyone at all (aside from random youtubers and extraneous emails in my spam folder) that say it's man-made.

Using a virus as an attack vector doesn't make a lot of sense, either. As an analogy, when launching biological/radiological/chemical attacks, proximity, the weather and a huge amount of other factors need to be considered and timing is extremely important otherwise the attacking forces can be impacted just as badly as the target. When there is no vaccine, its difficult to think that anyone would imagine that they could launch a virological attack without putting themselves at equal risk.

That's not to say that it didn't escape from a lab, and at that point, it's irrelevant whether it's natural or man-made. It's possible it came from a lab, but there's no convincing evidence that it did and we know that bats are huuuuge reseviors for coronaviruses and there are many parts of the world where people live in close proximity to bats (venture into caves, eat fruit from trees that bats share, get bitten by bats, eat bats themselves, etc. etc.) so the probabilities really point towards a natural origin.

You mention that the numbers are insignificant - that's partly because the world shut down, if it did not shut down, the numbers would be in the millions already. Secondly, don't be counting your chickens just yet, we're only at the beginning of this journey.

And @misteraventhe issue of govt grabs for power is very real and is concerning to a lot of people, including those who work in govt related areas. There's lots of writing out there on the challenges we face going back to normal when things calm down.

Lowy institute is run and staffed by folk that are in and out of Australia's intelligence agencies, political parties and other such orgs and they're publishing stuff like this: https://www.lowyinstitute.org/the-interpreter/covid-19-and-rise-state-surveillance

We also had the govt try and pass bills lately around the powers of intelligence agencies (around needing warrants, questioning of minors (we had a 15 year old kill a guy in a Jihadi attack a couple of years back and the white-nationalist folk are also working on kids at the moment), surveillance powers, etc.) that has alarmed a lot of people.

It's an issue worthy of very close attention.

• Like 1

^^^ Some where I get the impression this is not fake news  This actually maybe a legit recommendation  

Goddamn I missed diners. Hitting a greasy spoon on the wknd is one of my favorite things to do. Lil mom n pop operation in Ocean Beach. I hope they are able to make their rent. They could only have customers in like a third of their tables to maintain the 6 ft  rule.

24B0E5B0-1CF0-409D-B45D-A39A19BCA798.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Props 1

Posted (edited)
On 5/20/2020 at 11:17 AM, misteraven said:

I continue to listen to this guy and I'm still not 100% positive I like him. However, the points made and the general tone of the show has really influenced my fucks given about this bullshit. Simple math, even though I am terrible at, makes so much sense when he said it. Something about how this whole thing has affected around 1% of the entire population, and how we're never going to shake hands again because of it being such a joke. For some reason, and I haven't fact checked it, but I should, the no more hand shakes because of 1% is just a giant eyeopener. I was already off this shit weeks ago. But after that line, which I lol'd pretty hard at, I just can't look at anything the same. Go on hikes with my daughter and walk passed people who step to the side of the trail to lift their masks, we kind of do the same but it's strictly out of courtesy now and I just feel so incredibly retarded. It's complete bullshit and I am straight up embarrassed at how crazy I was 2.5 months ago. Don't come at me brOs. 

Edited by NightmareOnElmStreet
  • Truth 1

8 hours ago, NightmareOnElmStreet said:

I continue to listen to this guy and I'm still not 100% positive I like him. However, the points made and the general tone of the show has really influenced my fucks given about this bullshit. Simple math, even though I am terrible at, makes so much sense when he said it. Something about how this whole thing has affected around 1% of the entire population, and how we're never going to shake hands again because of it being such a joke. For some reason, and I haven't fact checked it, but I should, the no more hand shakes because of 1% is just a giant eyeopener. I was already off this shit weeks ago. But after that line, which I lol'd pretty hard at, I just can't look at anything the same. Go on hikes with my daughter and walk passed people who step to the side of the trail to lift their masks, we kind of do the same but it's strictly out of courtesy now and I just feel so incredibly retarded. It's complete bullshit and I am straight up embarrassed at how crazy I was 2.5 months ago. Don't come at me brOs. 

I think many people are coming around and starting to see it this way too. 

I still have compassion and concern for the elderly and vulnerable, 100,000 people have died in the US, that I have a statistically solid chance of not joining them does not really negate my position.

There was some demand earlier in the thread for pictures of bodies stacking, this piece by the NYT has a couple good shots, I like the one of homeboy smoking a cig rolling in the casket covered by a moving blanket.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/14/magazine/funeral-home-covid.html

1 hour ago, morton said:

I still have compassion and concern for the elderly and vulnerable, 100,000 people have died in the US, that I have a statistically solid chance of not joining them does not really negate my position.

There was some demand earlier in the thread for pictures of bodies stacking, this piece by the NYT has a couple good shots, I like the one of homeboy smoking a cig rolling in the casket covered by a moving blanket.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/14/magazine/funeral-home-covid.html

i feel for them too. it’s still a far cry from the end of days apocalypse many believed  it was just a few short months ago. not naming names or pointing fingers but go back and read earlier comments in this thread and see for yourself 

I am not interested in going back in the thread, 100,000 in like four months is pretty impressive and gives credence to the modelling that indicating a death toll of around 2 million if unmitigated. It is also not over. 

Certainly not "complete bullshit" but a genuine tragedy, and to point out that some thought it would be worse is even less productive than pointing out that some thought it was a complete hoax invented by liberals and the media to hurt conservative political momentum. 

It seams like your position is not solid, that perhaps you are conflicted in your feelings about the pandemic and its political ramifications. On the one hand you post memes equating mask wearing with homosexuality and on the the other you express genuine concern, I suppose that you may be trolling part time but not all the time or employing the troll tactic of backing down and then ramping up?

If I am following correctly you are a Canadian Conservative, and perhaps have some ideas that the US and Canada are maybe a little closer that they actually are. 

I really do try to not engage in political stuff online, in part because it is so often a complete waste of time but also because I do not have the patience or quick writing skills to keep up the fight. 

I'm not a Canadian Conservative. I lean right on many issues but have never voted Conservative. You say you don't get into politics but go straight to that? No one said it was complete bullshit, now you're just being hyperbolic and taking the piss. Wasn't pointing you out by saying many were panicking but now I'm thinking you were probably one of them.

Truth is that camp will never admit they got scared and over reacted, you're doing it right now. The go to response for those who think a complete lockdown remains justified is along the lines of "can you imagine how much worse it would have been if we didn't?!' Maybe. Hard to know that for sure. My position is not 'solid' because unlike some, I adjust my view and perspective as more info becomes available, instead of digging in and saying some shit that will look retarded a few months later. 

I absolutely enjoy trolling those who are easily riled up. If you get in your feelings about a meme, that's your right but I really couldn't care less, sorry. Truth is I can't even remember what meme you're talking about, I post so many. 

Posted (edited)

We should panic,

I'm warning everyone now how dangerous the financial decisions currently being made are before the effects start to kick in. The government is covering their ass so they don't get blamed "if" (when) the virus kills off  a significant number of people. These people are set, they won't suffer, you will.

Don't count on:

• Food supply chain
  • Unemployment benefits
  • Your job/employment situation
  • even your "secure" government, or gov. contracting job
  • and most importantly the petro dollar, or any other fiat currency holding it's value moving forward

I'm not joking. Good luck.

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 1

I know we'll be paying for all this for a long ass time

• Truth 1

My roommate/cousin works in retail. I have been at home, minus one quite extensive store trip about a month ago where I went with mask, gloves, at like 6am. When they opened up restaurants and bars on May 18th, my roommate's idiot coworker decided that drinking at home wasn't fun anymore and just absolutely had to go to the bar. Of course, the bar was packed with other morons.

Yesterday, said coworker came into work with a fever and cough. They sent him home. So here I sit, hoping I don't get sick within the next week or so. Just goes to show how this isn't a, "it's my choice, if you don't like it you can stay home while I go out" thing. Your actions effect people besides yourself.

With most states opening up either this week or next, I can't wait to see the surge in cases 2 weeks from now.

• Truth 1

On 5/22/2020 at 4:38 AM, morton said:

The old pepsi logo was way better.

Millenials are destroyers of everything good.

I say millenials did it.  The pepsi owner's grandson was fresh out of graphic design class at the local CC and granpappy hooked him up with a sweet position in the company as senior director of marketing.