Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
abrasivesaint

Pass the Corona ese... Novel Corona aka COVID-19

^ Been saying this awhile now. Couldn't agree more.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
2 hours ago, 6Pennies said:

Yep,  regardless though, for my own peace of mind, those infected in those populations are not out and about in the community. Though people who come into contact with them are....

Exactly.  

My exs grandma is a nurse and she just got put on a ventilator, she’s a dope lady really hoping she pulls through.

• Like 1
  • Truth 4

55 minutes ago, Kults said:

^ Been saying this awhile now. Couldn't agree more.

Now we finally have acquired a large body of data that supports it.  Without the data,  the arguments were seemingly political....

• Like 1
  • Truth 2

2 hours ago, where said:

My exs grandma is a nurse and she just got put on a ventilator, she’s a dope lady really hoping she pulls through.

Prayer and positive thoughts to you.  One of my students is from the Navajo Nation.  Fifteen of his family members are positive.  His uncle passed away on Monday; his aunt recovered enough to be taken off of life support last night....

• Like 1

6 hours ago, 6Pennies said:

Now we finally have acquired a large body of data that supports it.  Without the data,  the arguments were seemingly political....

I Think this is what a lot of the louder commentators in the media were ignoring. It's easy for people to make calls when they won't be held responsible should things go wrong. And whilst there were early signs of some trends, nobody actually knew the truth and therefore, we had little choice but to treat the virus as very serious.

The UK, the US and a couple of other countries were slow to respond and acted with less urgency, they now have much higher death rates than other countries.  (don't talk density and other BS excuses, Japan, Korea and Taiwan have greater density than the US and UK and they also copped the brunt of it well before the US did and they still have much, much lower fatalities per capita than the US does) In saying that though, for larger distances, such as the US, Australia, CHina, etc., a localised response to the kinds of restrictions on movement is obviously the best possible balance for economy and health.

1 hour ago, T4M* said:

I see your Ralphie May (RIP) and i raise you one Greg Giraldo (RIP)...

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Hua Guofang said:

I Think this is what a lot of the louder commentators in the media were ignoring. It's easy for people to make calls when they won't be held responsible should things go wrong. And whilst there were early signs of some trends, nobody actually knew the truth and therefore, we had little choice but to treat the virus as very serious.

The UK, the US and a couple of other countries were slow to respond and acted with less urgency, they now have much higher death rates than other countries.  (don't talk density and other BS excuses, Japan, Korea and Taiwan have greater density than the US and UK and they also copped the brunt of it well before the US did and they still have much, much lower fatalities per capita than the US does) In saying that though, for larger distances, such as the US, Australia, CHina, etc., a localised response to the kinds of restrictions on movement is obviously the best possible balance for economy and health.

I still disagree with you. Asians have been regularly wearing masks for ages now. They also have a very stand offish society. I'd imagine there is also a lot of other cultural issues at play. There's really only a couple hotspots in the USA and in just about every case, you can identify what is likely driving the issue there if you understand the culture of that particular area. You can perhaps say that NYC has done a shit job, but to make allow NYC to define the entirely of the USA is just silly in this instance and in every other. NYC is its own thing and a far cry from America in general for just about every metric and characteristic you can come up with. As is California, which might have some similarity to other regions, but is also notable within the USA for not being very representative of most Americans / America.

So far the only thing that is surprising to me is that India didn't get hit hard and that the world seems to have accepted China's reporting. Latest stat out of NYC is that likely up top 30% of their 8.8 million people are currently infected, but I'd hardly point the finger at Trump for that. Dude is a retard and has proven it many times over during this fiasco, but considering that Governors could have all stepped up and started mobilizing responses like social distancing and masks, which in fact they all did since both NYC and CA took those steps before the Feds stepped in and shut things down, I can't see how its still being blamed on Trump being slow to respond. 

Not trying to convince you of anything and doubt you're trying to convince me, but I really have a tough time understanding how you keep thinking Trump fucked this whole thing up.

Obviously the national stockpile of PPE was fucked up. Started with the Obama administration and was never addressed by the Trump administration. Really, this was as much an issue of the individual hospitals and regions being unprepared as it was an issue at the national level. Next Trump got shit cause he fired the special counsel that existed for pandemics. Reality is we have the CDC and USAMRIID, both of which consists of thousands of people specifically tasked for exactly this, on top of the National Security Counsel, DHS and a host of other organizations put into place before or after 9/11 to handle national threats, of which bio terrorism was a major priority. I would sooner lay blame on why those thousands of workers were unable to assess and address the issue without having the president micro managing them or because 300 and some odd other people had earlier been let go. If anything, that shit show was a result of way too many cooks in the kitchen (ironically very similar to the 9/11 response) than the result of not enough staff or resource to address a concern / threat. As far as protocols for social distancing, shutting down gatherings or other vectors for infection, that is exactly what local government should be tasked with. Local government should be intimately familiar with local dynamics and best capable to mount a response. They should be reporting back to the president what's being done / planned, not sitting around like assholes waiting to be told what to do. Ironic when you consider the relationship between Cuomo and Trump that Cuomo can really stand there and say that NYC is a mess because Trump didn't step in and tell him what to do sooner.

• Like 1

Just to document the crazies ...so when anyone revisits this thread years from now, they can witness the climate not even two months into the shelter in place:

• Like 2
  • Truth 1

Posted (edited)

@misteravenHave you looked over the response schedule from the President (which also means the federal govt) to the outbreak? He was receiving repeated warning from his own staff, from intel agencies and other Republicans that this was a serious virus and that it would also hit the economy if not well controlled. But he continued to play it down, make public statements that there was nothing to worry about, warm weather will kill it, it will disappear like magic etc etc. HE tweeted this stuff and said it in his briefings. You don't think that has an impact on the millions upon millions of people that read/watch that? You don't think that even in his public pronouncements - let alone actual measures - if he'd taken it seriously from the start that it would have framed a very different national response?

When Trump banned people coming from China, it was only Chinese travelers coming to the US. US citizens coming from China could enter the country without being tested or undergoing mandatory 14 days quarantine. He also didn't ban travel from Europe until it was way too late. This was a major fuck up for obvious reasons. Anyone coming from infected countries should have undergone 14 days quarantine and monitored during that time. He basically left the door open for multiple cities across the countries to get infected and that's exactly what happened. The states should never have been put in that position to start with, they've been playing catch up ever since because the federal response was late and undercooked.

Sure, states bare as much responsibility as they should, I've never disputed that. But, the federal govt controls the agencies set up to deal with these issues, they control the strategic stockpile, they control the large orgs in place to respond to national disasters - none of that is available to the states.

Trump defunded large amounts of the CDC, He also disbanded the units in the NSC and DHS that you refer to. They don't exist anymore, those people aren't there to blame.

Face masks are not a big thing in Japan or Korea, more so China and Taiwan - and even then, it's like 5-10% of the population that wear them and they are pretty much confined to tier 1/2 cities, not the bulk of the country. Sorry, stand offish society doesn't work; they still cough, sneeze and in some ways are more unhygienic than Western countries. Not hugging so much or not high-fiving doesn't mean squat. They still live in high-density cities, eat at restaurants and congregate in workplaces.

You might want to read more about Chinese numbers, few people (that matter) truly accept them and I didn't include China in the list of comparable countries for that precise reason. India went to full lockdown early, something the US didn't do until far too late. (cities, federal, whatever) They are also strictly enforcing social distancing.

Edited by Hua Guofang

Oh my fucking lord.

I'd link to the original Xinhua clip they're parodying/responding to but I don't assist in spreading communist propaganda

Just watch it

• LOL! 3

@misteraven- just to clarify my above comments, I don't know what the states are and are not responsible for in regards to the extent of the outbreak. I fully agree that they are to be held responsible for what they can influence and that each location will require a response tailored to their unique experience. All that is common sense.

My point is that there was a lot the federal govt could have done, to protect the states from the get-go, which they did not do and the result is more dead than could have been and a harder job for the states to try and contain/respond. Lastly, the Federal Govt has a lot more specific resources in place (well, did until disbanded and defunded) to manage issues of national concern, such as epidemics/pandemics.

PS - not everyone in CDC works on pandemics/viruses, that's only a section of the organisation and it is very, very far from the thousands of people you think it is.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

compare the results between korea and the USA the difference is pretty nuts

both recorded first cases january 20

Korean deaths 250

American deaths  above 61,000 and counting.

You cannot argue this isn't a fuck up of monumental proportions. 

and the gurning buffoon in the hot seat isn't helping.

Armed protesters are trying to enter state legislative chamber in the  capitol building in Michigan.

image.thumb.png.5a94f328a627f84b04bf5a1f49ac320d.png

Edited by Schnitzel
  • Truth 2

Just now, Schnitzel said:

compare the results between korea and the USA the difference is pretty nuts

both recorded first cases january 20

Korean deaths 250

American deaths  above 61,000 and counting.

You cannot argue this isn't a fuck up of monumental proportions. 

and the gurning buffoon in the hot seat isn't helping.

Armed protesters are trying to enter state legislature capitol building in Michigan.

Dude rolled with his FN FS2000!

and, dad jeans!

• Like 1
  • LOL! 1

Posted (edited)

Man this shit has me really on edge with friends and I want yall to know I was already against this economy. This is that zombie fan shit years ago I was laughing at sitting on guns and gauze.

Stay the fuck home. You're mad? Go look at the stock markets highest gains since '87.

Either you're moving around funds right now advantageously or you're broke.

This is the economic divide they use under other guises laid bare. See it or dont. 

EAT THE RICH, POWER FROM THE PEOPLE!

Edited by pissdrunkwhat?!

It's not too hard to see what's happening. To quote what's his name... Ed Norris, from The Wire.

Americans are by and large a stupid people.

People see that they've been in lockdown for about a month and a half, depending on where you live. The numbers are steady. We're not showing any sign of rapid decline, but some places are steady enough, hospitalizations in major cities and outbreak centers like NYC and New Orleans are "leveling off." They also see, that they, and nobody they know have gotten sick. So what's the typical moron reaction? "We must be being way too strict about this lockdown crap!"

People, as a whole, lack the ability to look at things objectively or from a "forest instead of the trees" perspective. They only care about what they can see, or what directly affects them at that point in time. I'm not sick... nobody I know is sick... this is bullshit, let's get back to normal. They can't put two and two together that the reason things are starting to level off is because we have been in lockdown for 6 weeks. There's still plenty of people getting sick, we have about 25-30k, sometimes more, new cases a day in the United States. There's still a lot of spread. Not to mention, it can 2 weeks to get symptoms.

I understand that people are going broke, they've lost their jobs and they need to get back to work. I understand that the unemployment system is overloaded. But we just need to pull through. Because what happens if we open everything back up right now when we're just starting to see results from our actions? The spread increases, and we go right back to square one. The restaurant you were a waiter at brings you back in, you work for 3 weeks, and then everything has to go back to lockdown status because, surprise, there's a huge surge in cases.

Waiting this out right now will cost less for individuals and the healthcare system, both in monetary terms and in terms of life, in the long run. We need to get back to a containable level, like New Zealand has. Of course this is much  more difficult for us than it is for New Zealand considering they have 5 million people and we have 330 million, but either way, it's what has to be done. We can't jump the gun on this, as tempting as it might be for some.

I'm dreaming of the day I'll be able to walk around the city again, walk into random establishments and just do what I want. Dreaming of being able to have friends over, go to parties, and just be myself. I'm dreaming of being able to go back to NYC and enjoy the city. But we need to wait.

• Like 2
  • Truth 2

10 hours ago, CALIgula said:

Just to document the crazies ...so when anyone revisits this thread years from now, they can witness the climate not even two months into the shelter in place:

356A4E0A-849B-4902-A972-1A089408B283.gif

• LOL! 2

14 hours ago, Hua Guofang said:

@misteraven- just to clarify my above comments, I don't know what the states are and are not responsible for in regards to the extent of the outbreak. I fully agree that they are to be held responsible for what they can influence and that each location will require a response tailored to their unique experience. All that is common sense.

My point is that there was a lot the federal govt could have done, to protect the states from the get-go, which they did not do and the result is more dead than could have been and a harder job for the states to try and contain/respond. Lastly, the Federal Govt has a lot more specific resources in place (well, did until disbanded and defunded) to manage issues of national concern, such as epidemics/pandemics.

PS - not everyone in CDC works on pandemics/viruses, that's only a section of the organisation and it is very, very far from the thousands of people you think it is.

When Trump shutdown travel between the USA and China, he got bashed relentlessly by the MSM. That was the probably the single most effective thing that could have been done early on. There was some talk about shutting down domestic travel, but again, tuned into a shit show really fast (though I'm still surprised it never happened). What, in your opinion, would have made a difference that was not done? There's been a lot of talk in regards to testing and though I would agree that there was plenty of time to develop an effective test and roll out at least enough testing for first responders and medical staff, my criticism of Trump would be that those at the CDC and other organizations that are specifically tasked and funded for that should have been dismissed and subject to inquiry.

Reality is it was the WHO and the CDC with the full cooperation of the MSM that were persistent for weeks that masks made no difference and that they could actually be harmful. If anyone should be held to account, its them.

Localities were still proceeding with major events well into this situation. It's not the presidents job to tell individual cities how to govern the specifics of their localities.

Seeing as how there are well over 2 million employees in the Federal Government and exponentially more subcontracted by them, what gives you the confidence that an extra couple hundred (or couple thousand for that matter) would have made any difference? Seeing as how we now have the benefit of hindsight and there is nothing really radically different happening now in response as there was a month ago, why would yet another layer of bureaucracy have made an inkling of difference when its so clear how incompetent and inefficient it all already is? As an exercise, lets not talk about what was, but what actually is... What could be done differently moving forward, since we can now take into consideration what has happened?

Not for nothing, and ass hat that Trump is, blaming Trump for the mess that NYC is would be like blaming the EU for the mess that Italy was. A very round about way of addressing a shitty situation that really doesn't address much if the goal is to actually fix things.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Schnitzel said:

Interesting that when the black Panthers marched into the California state capital back in the 60s they got arrested for conspiracy to disrupt legislature. 

But now when angry white people do it, no arrests🤔🤔

• Like 1
  • Truth 3

Live stream at California capital right now...

AKA Branch Covidiots