Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
abrasivesaint

Pass the Corona ese... Novel Corona aka COVID-19

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

The kids aren’t ready for Cards Against Humanity, but they don’t understand half of the 🍎🍏 cards.

7E16ED8A-4B7B-4EC8-AD94-B3BBA0992CC8.jpeg

5 hours ago, misteraven said:

Makes me wonder if people just rather sit around and complain than actually affect meaningful solutions. 

I feel this. It's what I've been seeing locally (Australia) and online where people complain about anything and eveything but don't do shit about it. I get that you might feel you can't fix or impact change, but sitting there complaining and doing fuck all isn't helping you or anyone else. Get off your social media, leave your house and start talking to people.

• Truth 1

2 hours ago, delv said:

I feel this. It's what I've been seeing locally (Australia) and online where people complain about anything and eveything but don't do shit about it. I get that you might feel you can't fix or impact change, but sitting there complaining and doing fuck all isn't helping you or anyone else. Get off your social media, leave your house and start talking to people.

Lol, reminds me of the lead up to the 2003 invasion of Iraq. I printed out my own flyers and stood at train stations handing them out. I might have been bordering on kook, back in my idealistic days.

Maybe I'm naive but I don't even reckon you need to be printing flyers and standing at train stations to  be "doing something" these days. Getting engaged in your local community or causes, being kind, lifting others up etc might just be enough. I know the world is complex and my thinking is probably floored, but I think doing something is better and more positive than doing fuck all. 

• Like 3

On 4/25/2020 at 6:55 PM, Hua Guofang said:

Usually I’d agree that he’s trolling but not this time (and it clearly was not a joke). He’s reeling from fucking the response up to the outbreak, the last thing he needs is to look incompetent on it now. 

He’s trying to sound like he has answers and things are moving along. But he doesn’t have the capability to actually do it - the time has come when he’s struggling to bullshit his way out of it. He”ll look for more scapegoats like China and WHO and immigrants to deflect blame and attention. I’d also guess that now he’s sinking, they’ll start dialing back is time in front of the camera. 

And there is it.

You can set your watch by this shit.

image.png.7b4e7d2be496b45bbd0515b73d10ad69.png

On 4/24/2020 at 11:27 AM, Fist 666 said:

64253.png

I bet this ass is mega flat after she stands up.  It looks like it is.

• Truth 2
  • LOL! 1

Posted (edited)

this morning I learned iPhones log your last 200 calls 😂 

Major shoutout 2 california EDD customer service . that hold song will forever haunt me , guitar and flute duos will always be associated with unemployment here on out . Only took ~250 calls to get through to a human bean 

Dude was really helpful tho can’t lie , explained everything to me properly and even called back and left a voicemail when our call got disconnected . Said itll take 3/4 weeks for the audit process instead of the usual 2 , and to keep certifying for benefits even if it shows $0.00 .

hopefully this the first and last time I gotta file for unemployment smh . got some sneakers I can flip to hold me over til then . feeling a lot better now !

BCEE2573-F76A-4927-A1E9-BD09D3F74C37.jpeg

726E708D-3EBD-4E3C-A987-340ED33AD375.jpeg

Edited by luhem
  • Props 1

I really don't care about your politics

I love all of you cuz we're a family 

But try watching this video and tell me how you feel about it.

I tell the ones I work with that they have to speak hella clear  because I won’t be able to read their lips anymore.  This is neat-o ECB280A4-E461-48AE-A561-2D50E565729B.thumb.jpeg.bd1a0376da28f0a55da23151966ff879.jpeg

3 hours ago, glorydays said:

I really don't care about your politics

I love all of you cuz we're a family 

But try watching this video and tell me how you feel about it.

Some truths mixed with some BS. 

whislt there is no doubt that the US reacted very slowly to the pandemic, you can’t compare cases to countries like Indonesia, India, etc because we have no idea how many cases there are in those countries,  they can’t afford the tests and costs of mobilization like the US can. 

i agree with a lot of what it was saying (only watched 5 mins ) but there were a lot of mistakes in there b

On 4/25/2020 at 4:38 PM, Drue_Down said:

Challenge Accepted - Smash.

0AE9A2EC-3F8E-48B0-9A12-F51D9978B449.jpeg

How does she know what "a lot of men think"?  I'm pulling the "I'm 30 and ready to settle down" card on her.

• Truth 2
  • LOL! 2

Arizona is opening back up as of May 16.  No peak, no indication of a peak, only 6% of the hospital beds in use are Covid related. About 7000 positive, and a little over 300 deaths statewide at this point, though no hard data related to senior care facilities and prisons......

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, 6Pennies said:

Arizona is opening back up as of May 16.  No peak, no indication of a peak, only 6% of the hospital beds in use are Covid related. About 7000 positive, and a little over 300 deaths statewide at this point, though no hard data related to senior care facilities and prisons......

I would be surprised if states release covid related info for state institutions.  A lot of things happen behind bars that is ever released to the public, states keep that under raps and pretty much any info goes straight to family members.

But I am interested in the data as well

We're moving toward the same thing over here. Surveillance is key, heaps of testing and monitoring with a huge public awareness campaign with phased opening up.

If there is an outbreak, which there will be multiple, they have to be detected asap. Keeping the opening phased will keep the early outbreaks more easily contained and will stop the bulk of the idiots from thinking everything is ok again, let's all just go back to the cinemas, political rallies and never wash our hands again.

The difficulty for the US will in domestic travel from regional hotspots creating new outbreaks again and political actors looking to downplay outbreaks for fear of being made responsible for opening up early. (regardless whether they are responsible or not)

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, ndv said:

I would be surprised if states release covid related info for state institutions.  A lot of things happen behind bars that is ever released to the public, states keep that under raps and pretty much any info goes straight to family members.

But I am interested in the data as well

Yep,  regardless though, for my own peace of mind, those infected in those populations are not out and about in the community. Though people who come into contact with them are....

Edited by 6Pennies

Despite dismal testing rates, AZ fared very well. Gotta love our sunny heat and urban sprawl!  304 deaths total so far.

Screen Shot 2020-04-30 at 7.44.13 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-04-30 at 7.44.02 AM.png