Pass the Corona ese... Novel Corona aka COVID-19

abrasivesaint

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
1 hour ago, Hua Guofang said:

Ah, the AT4 is inert?

We always had blue markings for inert/training devices and I instinctively looked for that and didn't find it. So, lol, I actually thought that was real!

Why the fuck carry it if it's inert?

Cosplay/LARP

• Truth 2

On 5/11/2020 at 4:51 AM, Fist 666 said:

Smh. 

"An armed society is a polite society." 

EXmJxB9XYAAWCBS.jpeg

EXmJxB-X0AA1fq3.jpeg

As someone who thinks full auto etc. should be legal/accessible for the majority of civilians, this open carry protester shit is starting to bother me. Unless you're protesting specifically for 2A rights, or against rednecks shooting unarmed kids or some shit it doesn't make any sense. It's supposed to be a free country, so there's all kinds of shitty things you should be able to get away with legally that you just don't do. We all know these live action role players have the right to do this (for now), but just because you have the right to do something, doesn't mean you're doing the right thing if you know what I mean.

The only thing they're really doing is "triggering the libs" which may be their only short sighted goal, but I guarantee  if the law comes a knocking to come take their shit (which they're encouraging/inviting) both these idiots would reluctantly bend over, and take that blue line cock in balls deep and clean the drip drip off their boots for them. Even someone who doesn't know how to read a book could grasp the core principals of non violent resistance with 30 minutes of the history channel. The goal is to draw attention to your cause, AND win the favor of the public. IMO If you're not willing to fight, don't put your pussy ass hands up lest you catch an ass whoopin of a lifetime from someone who isn't fucking playing around taking cringeworthy selfies.

• Like 1

How about just until there's the chance that hundreds of thousands won't die, because the outbreak has been contained, as it has been in Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Thailand, etc. etc. ? Maybe things wouldn't be as bad if the leaders in certain countries, like Iran, the UK, the US, etc. had acted earlier instead of calling it a hoax or talking about herd immunity when referring to a novel virus!

It is easy for me to say this, though. I can work from home and don't have to worry about paying the bills. I thank my lucky stars every day that I'm not eating like so many others out there are.

Edited by Hua Guofang
  • Truth 2

Fucking hahahahaha - https://www.fox10phoenix.com/news/red-lobster-customer-apparently-irate-over-mothers-day-wait-times-brawls-with-restaurant-staff

I had a convo with the guy who wrote Death of Expertise earlier this week and he said something that is so relevant to people complaining that they had to wait a long time to eat at a restaurant in the middle of a fucking pandemic.

He was saying that we, in developed countries are all so used to convenience (whether that be through technology or the drive-thru home shopping lifestyle that we lead) that we've become divorced from understanding the huge efforts that have gone in to getting where we are today. And when we are inconvenienced - particularly over something that we don't have any rights to in the first place - we act as if we have been deprived of a basic necessity. The context and rationality has gone out of society as we devolve back to a child-like state of wanting it now-now-now and screaming and crying when we cant' get whatever we want whenever we want.

• Like 2
  • Truth 3

Anyone else kinda want to get this shit and get it over with so we can do shit like visit mom, stop giving a fuck about this shit already. The mask/gloves and disinfecting regiment I've been sticking to faithfully is starting to lose it's appeal, and quite frankly I'm getting to the point where I'll take my 99.9% chances of being fine. The only thing stopping me is I don't want to get it and infect someone else.

• Like 1
  • Props 1

We're pretty lucky, we're already emerging out the other side here. Bars and restaurants are starting open back up again, with distancing rules, of course. Schools are going back and I even took the family to the shops for coffee/ice cream and general out-and-abouting last weekend. Felt pretty fucking good, I have to say. Have felt bad about having the little girl cooped up at home or just seeing others from a distance. The impact of being home from 6-9 months of age was really telling as she was massively over-stimulated just from walking around the shops! Having friends over next weekend for hot pot so our little one can hang out with their little one.

I was also worried about infecting others, especially little girl and grandparents, who take care of her whilst wife and I work. The risk was even lower than what you guys have. But the consequences were potentially catastrophic. Just had to suck it up and get on with it.

• Like 2
  • Props 1

2 hours ago, Mercer said:

Anyone else kinda want to get this shit and get it over with so we can do shit like visit mom, stop giving a fuck about this shit already. The mask/gloves and disinfecting regiment I've been sticking to faithfully is starting to lose it's appeal, and quite frankly I'm getting to the point where I'll take my 99.9% chances of being fine. The only thing stopping me is I don't want to get it and infect someone else.

I said/thought this same thing a month or so back. Since this whole thing started there is only 1 thing i’ve done differently, and that’s slightly more hand washing than normal, and usually only when i come back from the store. I don’t want to get it and infect anyone else either, but i have a hard time believing that where i’m at, the vast majority haven’t been exposed already. I worked in the hospital in 2nd worst area in the city and live in the top area for worst numbers of infections/deaths. The only time i’ve worn a mask is when i was handling covid-19 soiled instrumentation at work and when the hospital started forcing it at the doors. I’m happy to oblige, but as soon as i walk outside that shit comes off. If you’re worried i’m infected, dont come near me. Last i heard, studies showed MRSA was still 9x more troublesome in the healthcare environment than covid-19 has proven to be. I posted that somewhere in here. 

The majority of people i’ve seen masking up are like 30-50 year olds. The elderly (65+ looking) largely havent given a fuck until very recently. Lately in the supermarket it appears almost everyone is wearing a mask though. For about a week people adhered to strict lockdowns here, but now there’s more people in the city parks than i’ve ever seen, semi-social distancing. I stopped following the news almost completely, and suddenly (until i see someone with a mask,) it’s like there’s no more boogeyman out there, life is just normal, it’s nice, haha. 

I’ll soon be moving to another region of the country to work at a hospital in what was once considered a hot spot, i’ll see how life compares there. 

edit: i’m probably just an asshole.

Edited by abrasivesaint
  • Props 1

2 hours ago, Mercer said:

The average age of someone who dies of COVID19 is higher than the average life expectancy.

You can thank science for the life expectancy. 

Science 🤔...

Oh yeah, that's also the thing that's pointing towards us staying inside.

• Like 1