Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
abrasivesaint

Pass the Corona ese... Novel Corona aka COVID-19

Recommended Posts

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
8 hours ago, Moe Szyslak said:

Anyone else getting free/discounted shit? I got free unlimited high speed internets from metro and im on the lowest plan

Some people are getting free rentor discounted.

What yall getting?

Pfft I haven't gotten nothing for free but I'm about to go party in L.A. on Saturday. 36 bucks!

image.thumb.png.f67f3491c0ede02bff90ad739645de20.png

 

For real though it's pretty crazy how they're essentially flying empty planes just to maintain the flight paths. I've been staying at my girl's parents' house, been quarantined since last Monday and haven't left aside from taking the dog for walks. The good news is that everybody tolerates each other well, and I've been working from home, but I still have cabin fever. Not to mention I haven't seen the city in 2 weeks now almost, I feel like I'm lost in suburbia.

 

Been ordering off Instacart and Shipt for food. My job should be secure at least for a while but my girl's sister already got let go, she was a server at a restaurant. I gotta be honest, in 2020, in a first world country, having to deal with some shit like this was the absolute last thing on my mind. Couldn't nobody tell whoever it was to keep the fuckin' bat at a rolling boil for 3 minutes?

  • Like 1
  • LOL! 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

WFH just got extended until April 13th for me this morning.  The mayor of Austin issued a shelter in place order.  I'm sure many other cities are doing the same or close to doing the same.

 

I'm just wondering how they will enforce the cases where people ignore this shelter in place thing.

 

Also, how do you tell all these homeless people to stay in their homes?

 

I bet drug deals are going to be dicey af for weeks now.

 

 

 it doesn't do much justice to rank the countries based upon total sick people.  I'd be more interested if they had ranked sick people as a percentage of total people.  I wonder if USA would still be in 3rd place on the John Hopkins heat map.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Dirty_habiT said:

WFH just got extended until April 13th for me this morning.  The mayor of Austin issued a shelter in place order.  I'm sure many other cities are doing the same or close to doing the same.

 

I'm just wondering how they will enforce the cases where people ignore this shelter in place thing.

 

Also, how do you tell all these homeless people to stay in their homes?

 

I bet drug deals are going to be dicey af for weeks now.

 

 

 it doesn't do much justice to rank the countries based upon total sick people.  I'd be more interested if they had ranked sick people as a percentage of total people.  I wonder if USA would still be in 3rd place on the John Hopkins heat map.

Fuck. What are all the arch people gonna do? Rule the streets like "The Warriors"?

  • LOL! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Well America love's to be #1, so I guess we're shooting to be #1 with Corona Virus. ..

 

We all need to do our parts and go back to work to keep this great nation strong.

 

 

Image result for America gif

(sarcasm)

Edited by WorldBench
  • Like 1
  • LOL! 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At the end of the day all the stats are juked

 

san Diego county has something like 3.5 mil people. When you hear that there less than 300 infected it sounds great. Until you realize they likely only tested 300. No data on negative test results or quantity of tests given that I can find. 
 

now apply that to areas with no huge number of cases... Africa, South America... you can’t have an outbreak of you have zero positive test results...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, KILZ FILLZ said:

At the end of the day all the stats are juked

 

san Diego county has something like 3.5 mil people. When you hear that there less than 300 infected it sounds great. Until you realize they likely only tested 300. No data on negative test results or quantity of tests given that I can find. 
 

now apply that to areas with no huge number of cases... Africa, South America... you can’t have an outbreak of you have zero positive test results...

Yeah definitely, the number of cases is only the people that have been tested. And if you guys have noticed, it seems only "important" people are being tested. I have a friend who has a 100.8 fever and a dry cough, she can't get tested because her fever isn't high enough. They're quite literally being bitches about .2 degrees. I told her she should just eat something hot and run down the block then go try again.

 

Not to mention, there's "80,000" cases in China. So we can assume that number is closer to what, probably 150k?

We have a shelter in place order but they haven't said anything about my WFH being extended, it's currently until the 6th. I have feeling it'll be extended though.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, KILZ FILLZ said:

At the end of the day all the stats are juked

 

san Diego county has something like 3.5 mil people. When you hear that there less than 300 infected it sounds great. Until you realize they likely only tested 300. No data on negative test results or quantity of tests given that I can find. 
 

now apply that to areas with no huge number of cases... Africa, South America... you can’t have an outbreak of you have zero positive test results...

Stats on Testing and who has it is also useless. You can get tested today and be negative and wake up tomorrow and have it. You could recover today and get it again next month. Also the  Influenza test is only 50% accurate and we've been using and refining them for decades, how accurate do you think the Corona test actually is. Many people in China got the virus again after recovering 1 and 2 times also.

 

I just hope peoples eyes are open now to how vulnerable they are and how the government cant protect them.

  • Like 1
  • Truth 3
  • Props 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Kalashnikov said:

Yeah definitely, the number of cases is only the people that have been tested. And if you guys have noticed, it seems only "important" people are being tested. I have a friend who has a 100.8 fever and a dry cough, she can't get tested because her fever isn't high enough. They're quite literally being bitches about .2 degrees. I told her she should just eat something hot and run down the block then go try again.

 

Not to mention, there's "80,000" cases in China. So we can assume that number is closer to what, probably 150k?

We have a shelter in place order but they haven't said anything about my WFH being extended, it's currently until the 6th. I have feeling it'll be extended though.

Something to keep in mind is that the people being refused testing are largely the people that are expecting the free tests. At least that's my understanding of this. Under socialized health care, the state decides who to treat according to their own discretion. Under a commercial system, a person willing to pay for a service can receive that service. This is why they've managed to test entire basketball teams. Obviously that group has the bank roll to pay for a service and expedite the process. No different than paying Fedex to next day a letter versus putting a stamp on it and letting the USPS handle it. Lot of people, generally during times that a good many are struggling, tend to look at socialized government programs as the solution. During times when a great many prosper, suddenly they see the merits of being able to navigate and buy services you want according to your own criteria rather than be handed whatever it is the government decides to distribute.

 

That being said, the situation sucks but considering the system is completely overwhelmed it is not surprising that they're being forced to prioritize treatments and services. There's a shit ton of people infected. Most will not die. This is probably why they aren't treating your friend. Right now they're focusing on the ones that are in critical condition and letting the others go through it and run its course.

 

Also mentioned previously, do the math on testing... America has 331,000,000 (331 million) people. If we somehow managed to test 100,000 people a day, a feat that to my knowledge no country has been able to do.... It would take just over 9 years to test everyone in America. Doing that is a tremendous waste of time, energy and money at a time when the country is critically short on all three.

 

Best thing to do is what most countries have finally come around to... Let the sick people be sick. Try to keep distance between as many people as we can. Focus the efforts on those that have proven to be in extreme risk groups and treating those that are sick and have reached a critical stage. Not much else we can do unless you have enough money to pay your own way, which is also what some are doing.

  • Like 1
  • Truth 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

side note, squeeze a prison workout in, feeling like im ready to fight my two cats now.

 

 

  • Props 1
  • LOL! 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm curious if this ever will die out or if its just something the world has now. Am i always gonna be sweatin' catching the new boogaloo?

  • Like 1
  • Truth 1
  • Props 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Since the quarantine I stopped ripping butts kid, which I guess is good but this shit it’s getting kinda weird dude.

  • LOL! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, ink face said:

I'm curious if this ever will die out or if its just something the world has now. Am i always gonna be sweatin' catching the new boogaloo?

There's things we can do as humans and as a society to minimize these sorts of things. 

 

I sincerely hope that people really take this as a lesson and take efforts to improve their resiliency and preparedness. Its a bad situation how most people can barely take on any unexpected financial or physical hardship. Really bad that people are not prepared to lock down for a week or two in terms of groceries and supplies. Hopefully we all wash out hands a little more frequently as well.

  • Truth 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, misteraven said:

There's things we can do as humans and as a society to minimize these sorts of things. 

 

I sincerely hope that people really take this as a lesson and take efforts to improve their resiliency and preparedness. Its a bad situation how most people can barely take on any unexpected financial or physical hardship. Really bad that people are not prepared to lock down for a week or two in terms of groceries and supplies. Hopefully we all wash out hands a little more frequently as well.

oh i bugged out to the country with my old lady and kiddos the day before my city got shut down. we got a month worth of food and water and the hardware to ensure it stays ours if we need to use it, but grocery stores are still open here so its reserves. Im just bummed cause i wanna go home, but being in a major metropolis doesn't seem like the safest move for several obvious reasons. 

 

I'm just thinking if this is just gonna be a thing now like the flu every year, wtf is that gonna change up in real life after this quarantine shit.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, ink face said:

oh i bugged out to the country with my old lady and kiddos the day before my city got shut down. we got a month worth of food and water and the hardware to ensure it stays ours if we need to use it, but grocery stores are still open here so its reserves. Im just bummed cause i wanna go home, but being in a major metropolis doesn't seem like the safest move for several obvious reasons. 

 

I'm just thinking if this is just gonna be a thing now like the flu every year, wtf is that gonna change up in real life after this quarantine shit.

Good on you man... Most people are not nearly as prepared. Best thing you can do it help others around you, starting with family and friends to teach them how to properly prepare.

  • Truth 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You know I was thinking about the tp hoarding thing some more today. 

 

  • The amount of ass wiping didn't increase, it has stayed level/average.
  • The demand for ass wiping supplies increased causing an unexpected supply shortage.
  • People over buy toilet paper causing purchase limitations to be put into place.
  • Toilet paper does not run out at the store normally, ie there is enough for anyone to purchase some at any time.
  • The shortage feels artificially manufactured by the people that think there are shortages.
  • Same with everything else that is currently "sold out".

Ammunition, guns, toilet paper, bottled water, rice, bread, and proteins.

 

Pandemic or not though, the produce section of the store was stocked full, still can't make people eat their vegetables lol.

  • Like 1
  • LOL! 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...