Pass the Corona ese... Novel Corona aka COVID-19

abrasivesaint

7 hours ago, misteraven said:

Looking at the infection rate is a waste of time. America has 331 million people. If we tested 100,000 people a day it would literally take over 9 years to test everyone.

A far better metric is the death toll as its fairly easy to both identify and count a dead body.

That said, we're further behind and its a huge country with many population dense cities. There's little doubt that we'll be the largest curve, especially when its unlikely the data China provided is accurate.

Not trying to downplay it, but those are facts. Its logistically impossible to mobilize testing at the scale necessary in the USA and unsure why it matters since the treatment remains the same when someone is in critical respiratory distress. That and just cause someone tests negative doesn't mean they remain that way. I can see testing hospital staff and first responders and similar, but testing people seems like a waste of time and energy that can instead go into efforts that have real effect.

my two cents™

I’ve been trying to keep more to myself the past few days in my real world life because it seems like no one cares to hear it or think about it, but i think the issues with testing are pretty important to think about.. I think it’s largely a waste of time. I honestly feel like there’s a percentage of people out there who want to be tested just so they can talk about it. There’s also a decent percentage of people being tested that are wasting the hospitals time and resources, and frankly the hospitals cannot handle it, as we’re seeing.. 

That point about testing 100,000 a day is something i hadn’t thought of, and a point i think is also important to make. I think we’re largely wasting our time with this attempt at quarantining and testing. We will need to shut down for months to attempt to properly quarantine and i don’t see how that’s going to happen and not have collapse and chaos. 

I was talking with a coworker earlier who didn’t understand the current measures being taken either. The more i thought about it the more i was having trouble shaking the idea that in situations like this, society demands an answer, and they have no answers, so they do the only think they think they can do to attempt to minimize loss of life, because they’re not allowed to come out and just say “Listen. We don’t know what the fuck to do. Some of us are gonna die.” It seems it’d be easier to “rip the bandaid off” so to speak, and quarantine the more susceptible than the entire country. It seems like the lid is already off and been thrown to the wind. 

But, what the fuck do i know. I don’t work for the CDC. I’m just another idiot rambling online about shit. 

Clearly these people don’t give a fuck.. 

8E2B759C-DC63-404D-A13F-4F95DA1B56D8.thumb.jpeg.e67499ea0816f9d28d1ca2d0f4204c48.jpeg

Edited by abrasivesaint
  • Truth 2
  • LOL! 2

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
5 hours ago, abrasivesaint said:

The more i thought about it the more i was having trouble shaking the idea that in situations like this, society demands an answer, and they have no answers, so they do the only think they think they can do to attempt to minimize loss of life

I am on board with attempting to minimize the loss of life.

• Like 1
  • Props 1

8 hours ago, abrasivesaint said:

The more i thought about it the more i was having trouble shaking the idea that in situations like this, society demands an answer, and they have no answers, so they do the only think they think they can do to attempt to minimize loss of life, because they’re not allowed to come out and just say “Listen. We don’t know what the fuck to do. Some of us are gonna die.” It seems it’d be easier to “rip the bandaid off” so to speak, and quarantine the more susceptible than the entire country. It seems like the lid is already off and been thrown to the wind. 

This very much parallels my position on gun control. It’s low hanging fruit for politicians. Rather than really dig down and attempt to fix the problem, the delegate the task to other people and mobilize measures that they can point to like they’re doing all they can. Doesn’t take rocket science to analyze the data and do the math to recognize it’s generally hardly scratching the surface at best, if not just straight up a giant dog and pony show. 

On 3/19/2020 at 9:41 PM, misteraven said:

Keep your eyes open for the power grab. You heard it here first but same as 9/11... Let no crisis go to waste. Expect sweeping legislation over the next year or two (likely after the election cycle) that will encroach on American freedoms in ways not seen since the "Patriot" and "Freedom" act. It'll be named just and disingenuously and therefore very easy to spot and just like those two pieces of legislation, actually be stuffed with shit that is precisely the opposite of it.

Again, wait and watch.

Said it starting quite a ways back... Watch for the power grab. 

@Kultssent me this regarding Canada. Granted in Canada, you’re simply a “subject” of the “crown”, but profoundly fucked up none the less.

More is coming. Watch for it. 

B2A3FC6B-17D4-49A9-A7A9-D607CEC463F7.jpeg

• Truth 2
  • LOL! 1

President is itching to "starting the country" back up so he is having his scientists research whether it is ok to send the young and the strong back to work to get the economy up and going again.

Superseding the states' decisions on staying at home is, I guess, a mild power move.

I am getting bored at home. But the risk he's taking with sending us all back out? I don't know anymore. The news seems to be only interested in what Cuomo and New York has to say.

• Truth 1

yup...trump is sending us all back to work next fucking week

the covid rollercoaster is not done with reaching its peak yet.  We're gonna have alot more deaths in a few months.

Now i'm worried about the power grab thing.

Edited by glorydays
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, One Man Banned said:

This right hurr.  Went to see the man, it was a kind of funny exchange in an attempt to be Covid free.  They don't want to make a lot of trips around, know things could get more restricted, and they got a ton of fresh bud to move.  

The result being, they cutting prices to move more quickly.  Erybody wins!  

my guy is doing dead drops rn to avoid contact.

Also no cash unless you send a video of the cash being sanitized.

Not even joking.

• LOL! 4

I ended up having to go to my third string weedman due to supply shortages.

This guy w dreads got his baby mama to drive him over at midnight... then she and kid waited in the car and he was like wanna smoke,

Bro go feed your family w this money im paying you fuck

• LOL! 3

Watch as the COVID-industrial complex monetizes on the poor.

It will intersect with the military-industrial complex by having poor kids who can't afford shit to join up.

It will also intersect with the prison-industrial complex by jailing and fining the poor and middle class with petty shit.

It will finally intersect with the poverty-industrial complex as prices hike to astronomical numbers while at the same time banks make a killing off high interest rate small loans and credit cards.

Edited by glorydays
  • Like 1
  • Truth 1
  • Props 2

1 hour ago, glorydays said:

President is itching to "starting the country" back up so he is having his scientists research whether it is ok to send the young and the strong back to work to get the economy up and going again.

Superseding the states' decisions on staying at home is, I guess, a mild power move.

I am getting bored at home. But the risk he's taking with sending us all back out? I don't know anymore. The news seems to be only interested in what Cuomo and New York has to say.

I think you’re right. Eventually we have to start working again or the preventive measures will do more damage than the actual virus 

• Like 1
  • Truth 1

2 minutes ago, Kults said:

likely not but at what point are we doing more harm than good by grinding society to a halt indefinitely 

the thing is, COVID looks like, and i may sound insensitive about this, fully designed to kill off weaker people.

That sounds fucking horrible, i know, but it happened with the spanish flu and every other super flu that's been "cured" before.

It's as if nature was tired of the human population getting too big and the flu finally hit the genetic lottery that will kill off a number of our elderly.

This flu will kill people whether we go back to normal or not.

and what is the tactic of herd immunity? at least 92% of the population needs to be infected with COVID and live for it to finally die down.

so we need to all get infected whether we like it or not.

• Like 1
  • Truth 1

50 minutes ago, Kults said:

Eventually we have to start working again or the preventive measures will do more damage than the actual virus 

Too late for that.

But think it through... Yeah, everyone rather have a staycation than go to work. Many are actually still in panic mode. But we're entering the second week of most the nation being shut down. Many businesses are well past being able to work through this situation. Though a 10 days ago, they said we were 10 days behind Italy, I think we're likely a solid month away from seeing the numbers crest. Even if we cut that down to two weeks (though even a month is conservative considering how big and diverse our country is), that means in 2 weeks we see some far larger numbers, in turn we see the panic deepen, so you really think anyone will be ready to return to work and kick start the country then? So instead we're looking at at least another month of shutdown and an exponential increase in failed businesses that translate into an exponential increase in livelihoods collapsing. Yep, we can certain wait for the Fed to print more money and send out more checks as we all sit home and do increasingly stupid Corona Challenges on Instagram, but this is gooing to progress very much like procrastinating for that college final... Longer we wait, the greater the pain.

There's no good answer here... People are going to die. We can try to minimize it as we see nations doing, but at a certain point you need to take emotion out of the discussion and crunch data to form the most pragmatic response to the situation as we can.

Seems not everyone subscribed to the numbers I crunched on my Italy analysis a few pages back, but my last post regarding testing should be a little easier to wrap minds around... If we test 100k Americans a day, it will take over 9 years to test everyone in the country. Think about the logistics on that and then ask yourself why the media and politicians keep screaming about how we need to test everyone. Thats not to say that nobody should be tested, but is to say that its hugely disingenuous to see how your leaders and media are presenting problems and solutions.

Open your eyes and use your brains, but following the panic'ed mob isn't going to help anyone.

Just sayin'.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, glorydays said:

i don't have the strength to argue

and we are all coming at this from an outsider point of view

believing in a talking window is as dangerous as believing in an imaginary friend that grants wishes from the clouds

You can still do a little homework and add some context where possible.

Influenza: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Influenza

I'd be interested if Covid will be the same line item for this years seasonal flu or not, but in comparison to past influenza's, whether this is scientifically categorized as such or not, we can still compare the death totals.

Screen Shot 2020-03-24 at 2.51.34 PM.png

Versus: https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/coronavirus-death-toll/

Screen Shot 2020-03-24 at 2.58.54 PM.png

Not saying this situation isn't bad, but lets analyze data before buying into the idea that this is indeed the apocalypse its being made out to be.

• Props 1