Pass the Corona ese... Novel Corona aka COVID-19

abrasivesaint

1 hour ago, WorldBench said:

165,700 Deaths from Corona Virus (I would say this number is probably tripled because you can't count Russia, China, Iran, North Korea, etc numbers). The Flu at worse kills around 60,000 a year, world wide, and 24,000 at best. I guess this was significantly worse than they thought , and this was with drastic measures such as shutting countries down.

Reminds me of my  original posts and being told I was fear mongering, and those brushing off what I said about civil unrest and the controlling of people. I haven't followed the CV in a few weeks because it's become a mess to think and hear about. Looking in the news today and American's don't stand for being forced to do stuff, especially with as selfish, pompous and narcissistic as Americans are.

Some cities are implementing a $1000 fine if you don't wear a mask. That's absurd from the same people who just told everyone to stop buying masks and using them...

The Government is a joke and those who put all their faith in it and believe everything they're saying are fools. The Government are the people, and people only look out for their best interest, And you, the constituents are not in their best interest unless it's time for you to vote for them.

Random Thoughts.

ya let’s just lump every person in a country of 382M together. they’re all idiots!!!! /s

• FuckBoi 1

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
1 minute ago, Kults said:

umm k 

You must not know what Selfish, Pompous and Narcissistic are , far from the word "idiot". Feel free to head to www.dictionary.com and figure it out.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/idiot

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/pompous

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/narcissistic

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/selfish

There you go since you're having trouble with simple words. You sure ride my dick hard every post here in Ch0 yet post nothing productive..

• LOL! 1

Just now, WorldBench said:

You must not know what Selfish, Pompous and Narcissistic are , far from the word "idiot". Feel free to head to www.dictionary.com and figure it out.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/idiot

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/pompous

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/narcissistic

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/selfish

There you go since you're having trouble with simple words. You sure ride my dick hard every post here in Ch0 yet post nothing productive..

Did you see quotes around idiot? Did you somehow miss the /s? Need a primer on internet speak?

I was making fun of how you generalize. You're not too bright. 

1 hour ago, abrasivesaint said:

These are numbers from the CDC, for the U.S. Upwards of 650,000 die from flu complications worldwide according to the WHO. 

Again, fuck the flu comparison. The flu like symptoms aren’t what’s killing people. Pneumonia and organ failure due to the virus is what’s killing people. Pneumonia kills an average of 2.56 million people a year. 

You are correct, my mistake on that. The fact remains this has still caused a huge problem while many have stated it would not and that it was not a big deal. And pneumonia and organ failure can be caused by a multitude of things, this virus just adds to those deaths.

Maybe this will change our societal norms for the better.

• LOL! 1

3 hours ago, Hua Guofang said:

image.thumb.png.4399639e35408e3bcb166e4ed50f2663.png

That's from 1918

Apparently the US went through the same shit it's going through now with people protesting the use of masks like they're protesting the lockdowns now. I wish I could copy/paste the research but it's in a million tweets from a journalist and would take too long.

Link to the photo archive: https://californiarevealed.org/islandora/object/cavpp%3A70110

Amazing.

• Truth 1

The more I work from home, the less desire I have to work. Like it's so hard to get in the "work mood" when I just have to roll out of bed to the computer. I shower and everything before work but I just don't know if I could do a permanent work from home thing. I could definitely do like a Wednesday and Friday at home, Mon-Tues-Thurs at the office or something, though.

• Like 1
  • Truth 1
  • Props 1

8 hours ago, misteraven said:

Pretty interesting... Read the entire thread.

Yeah, that's the thread.

Is there a way we can post threads up like this? Not sure what the story is but using the same browser twitter posts on 12OZ look different from my work computer to my laptop. I can't read that ^^^^

Over the weekend that stores posted  signs that you are not allowed to be Inside unless you have a mask on. 

same with bus drivers.  They can refuse to let you on if you don’t have a mask on and have posted that the max passenger limit is 15  and as of a few weeks back,  you  can only enter though the back but also, no fare can be paid so they are waiving fare fees for the moment 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hua Guofang said:

Yeah, that's the thread.

Is there a way we can post threads up like this? Not sure what the story is but using the same browser twitter posts on 12OZ look different from my work computer to my laptop. I can't read that ^^^^

Not sure I understand. Can you clarify?

7 minutes ago, misteraven said:

Not sure I understand. Can you clarify?

I used to be able to copy the link from the top of a Twitter thread, post it here and the forum would show all of the tweets and replies (I could see all this on my laptop but my work desktop showed a mess of black text and coding, etc)

Now, on my laptop, I can no longer see the twitter posts, just black text and a bunch of jumbled shit.

1 hour ago, Hua Guofang said:

Fucking wow (not completely CV19 related but part of it)

Oil futures at below $1 a barrel

image.thumb.png.7629b98d28528eb459522120712aa307.png

From an apparent expert at Bloomberg:

Oil costs $ to store. Due to the economic collapse, oil isn't being used much. So all the storage facilities are filled up. So nobody who can store it will buy it from you. If you want to get rid of oil, you have to pay someone.

25 minutes ago, Hua Guofang said:

I used to be able to copy the link from the top of a Twitter thread, post it here and the forum would show all of the tweets and replies (I could see all this on my laptop but my work desktop showed a mess of black text and coding, etc)

Now, on my laptop, I can no longer see the twitter posts, just black text and a bunch of jumbled shit.

DM me your OS and browser version and a screen grab if you can. Best guess is you have something blocking JavaScript that’s necessary for it to display. I’ve also noticed that sometimes when copy / pasting on a mobile device, it doesn’t embed the preview (just a link). I’ve seen it for sure with the mobile short link for YouTube but also occasionally see it for other links as well. 

Holy shit, does the US actually have 2000 people dying a day from this, even when the country is in lockdown and doing testing?! Not trying to be sensationalist but I didn't realise that things were actually that bad. It's obviously not in any category close to a flu and I can't believe people in areas where there are serous outbreaks, like Florida, are starting to reopen again. My money is on a second wave.

Even though things have been handled pretty well by govt and society here in Aust., everyone is pretty concerned about a second wave as we head into Winter and we consider opening borders...., and when we've got the black box of Indonesia to our north, where things are likely pretty bad but nobody knows due to the complexity of the country and their financial position.

image.thumb.png.8f8b86f4b913b7ef10f1f7f7e0b23257.png