Wish making 💫

SMdoubleXL

I know a lot of you don’t have FB 

but I also know that I’m not the only one who gets fabulous Wish recommendations

we all know how this works 

and yet I still act surprised that Wish ‘suggests my these items 

I may need help figuring out what some of these items are and what we can possibly do with them 

797348A9-4658-4BD9-BC94-83C928ECD624.jpeg.474cea318bf470e1b2a2025d6572d175.jpeg

Edited by SMdoubleXL
  • Props 2
  • LOL! 3

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

@Dirty_habiT

I am still trying figure out what the hell is going on in this thread.  I give up. 🤷‍♂️

@SMdoubleXL - I have seen the beer belly hip pack cooler thing.  But the product right below.  I think that's a dick cover.  Think of a car cover, but for your other car.  

BTW - you dont have answer.  But how much s&m products does one have to buy to get these product recommendations in your online shopping feeds?   

• LOL! 3

Was hoping this was going to be about the secret and vision boards, disappointed but also intrigued and slightly aroused that this thread is about weird presumably Chinese merch on Facebook, of all places, who would have seen that coming. Again just want to emphasis that mild erection, ok.

• LOL! 2

1 hour ago, where said:

Was hoping this was going to be about the secret and vision boards, disappointed but also intrigued and slightly aroused that this thread is about weird presumably Chinese merch on Facebook, of all places, who would have seen that coming. Again just want to emphasis that mild erection, ok.

@where gives this thread one half chub up. /nh

5 hours ago, Steel Schnauzer said:

I wish someone would find that wet T-shirt contest thread. Bring that back please.

It's still available, but the image links are broken.  The images, I'm pretty sure, are preserved.... but fixing the links to them in the SQL database is something that is not easy to resolve.  Fear not, however, it's definitely on the to-do list.  When that thread's images are fixed most every other broken image in the forum should be fixed as well.

Also I think we have all of 2 active women in this forum now.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, T4M* said:

I'm going to test this out.......

"That Wish app is so cool.  I need to buy asap a cat suit for Mardi Gras. "

Last time I mentioned some like this and Facebook blew up my feed with ads.

Will report.

For this to work, I think, 12oz would have to be storing your "types" of posts into a cookie.... and then other sites on the internet would have to know about 12oz having a cookie on your machine to look into what info it held.  I don't think they can just scrape every cookie on your client and know what all you've been up to.  These types of "weird advertising" that just "relates to you" happens as a result of very specific deals between companies to share information about their users.  Someone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong about that, but I'm fairly certain that's how it works.

• Like 1

On 1/8/2020 at 4:48 PM, T4M* said:

Sidenote*

Went to Facebook after and I should of known....

Screenshot_20200108-164552_Facebook.thumb.jpg.92908f3946a2c6e10db3f8dbdc1dfa66.jpg

So annoying. Suck A dick Amazon.

The only prove I have where I was talking about cameras and my feed was blown up right after.

Edited by T4M*
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Dirty_habiT said:

For this to work, I think, 12oz would have to be storing your "types" of posts into a cookie.... and then other sites on the internet would have to know about 12oz having a cookie on your machine to look into what info it held.  I don't think they can just scrape every cookie on your client and know what all you've been up to.  These types of "weird advertising" that just "relates to you" happens as a result of very specific deals between companies to share information about their users.  Someone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong about that, but I'm fairly certain that's how it works.

Not to divert the topic, but any idea if its possible to pull data from cookies you didn't place? Assume not or Google and FB would be pillaging each others data, but curious.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, misteraven said:

Not to divert the topic, but any idea if its possible to pull data from cookies you didn't place? Assume not or Google and FB would be pillaging each others data, but curious.

I don't think so, there's some sort of authentication mechanism involved in getting cookie data.  Like, you have to know the hash value of the cookie to access it.  I just looked it up, it's called "same origin policy".  This makes cookies only available to the domain that placed them..... however, there's a catch.  If the domain uses an adnetwork that places a cookie on the computer, and another domain uses that same network, well then that other domain will have knowledge of the information stored in the adnetwork's cookies.  This is exactly how you see ads for something you searched on another website popping up in your facebook/instagram.

If you use an adblocker on firefox like I do (called noscript)..... it will disgust you how many domains are trying to load javascript when you visit a site.  I showed a coworker just two days ago because he asked me "what was that that you just allowed up there in the corner of your browser".  I explained that I was blocking javascript from 3rd party domains by default and it blew his mind, and he's a software developer.  Just to show him an example I loaded cnn.com.  After I allowed cnn.com to load javascript, the list grew to something like 35 other domains that wanted to load javascript.  Using a normal browser is the same thing as having unprotected sex with strippers/prostitutes.... except your computer/personal information is what gets compromised.

You're not "safe" if you're using safari, chrome, firefox, etc without specifically using a plugin that blocks this stuff.  Brave may do ok at it but the fact that they "pay you" to look at their "approved ads" just tells me that they've got people funneled into their ad network because instead of just stealing your info they're paying you a small sum for it vs. the amount they profit off of you using the browser.  I'm not saying it's bad, I'm saying it's genius for them to have a setup like that.  It's "better than no protection"..... but I wouldn't say it's "protecting you from the internet" like NoScript does.

For anyone that is interested: https://noscript.net/

Been using it for many many years.  Works fantastically great once you've got the sites you visit regularly whitelisted properly.  I'm not suggesting anyone quit using Brave and switch what they enjoy doing..... I'm just pointing out, from a tech professional's standpoint, what I see going on.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Dirty_habiT said:

I don't think so, there's some sort of authentication mechanism involved in getting cookie data.  Like, you have to know the hash value of the cookie to access it.  I just looked it up, it's called "same origin policy".  This makes cookies only available to the domain that placed them..... however, there's a catch.  If the domain uses an adnetwork that places a cookie on the computer, and another domain uses that same network, well then that other domain will have knowledge of the information stored in the adnetwork's cookies.  This is exactly how you see ads for something you searched on another website popping up in your facebook/instagram.

If you use an adblocker on firefox like I do (called noscript)..... it will disgust you how many domains are trying to load javascript when you visit a site.  I showed a coworker just two days ago because he asked me "what was that that you just allowed up there in the corner of your browser".  I explained that I was blocking javascript from 3rd party domains by default and it blew his mind, and he's a software developer.  Just to show him an example I loaded cnn.com.  After I allowed cnn.com to load javascript, the list grew to something like 35 other domains that wanted to load javascript.  Using a normal browser is the same thing as having unprotected sex with strippers/prostitutes.... except your computer/personal information is what gets compromised.

You're not "safe" if you're using safari, chrome, firefox, etc without specifically using a plugin that blocks this stuff.  Brave may do ok at it but the fact that they "pay you" to look at their "approved ads" just tells me that they've got people funneled into their ad network because instead of just stealing your info they're paying you a small sum for it vs. the amount they profit off of you using the browser.  I'm not saying it's bad, I'm saying it's genius for them to have a setup like that.  It's "better than no protection"..... but I wouldn't say it's "protecting you from the internet" like NoScript does.

For anyone that is interested: https://noscript.net/

Been using it for many many years.  Works fantastically great once you've got the sites you visit regularly whitelisted properly.  I'm not suggesting anyone quit using Brave and switch what they enjoy doing..... I'm just pointing out, from a tech professional's standpoint, what I see going on.

Cool, thanks for the info. By the way, the Brave thing is optional. You can opt out and not see ads at all. Its interesting how it works cause the ads are not inline. On my setup at least, its a notification that pops up similar to how browser notifications work on the MacOS. Not too huge a deal IMO, so I havent bothered to disable.

• Like 1