Recommend me a......

delv

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I use a Ridge wallet.  I don't think it's "ethical" but it is RFID blocking (which really doesn't matter and I won't get into why unless someone really wants to know).

I like it because it doesn't allow you to pack rat a bunch of shit like big leather wallets or folding wallets do.

Mine literally has:

• My DL.
  • My debit card (that I avoid using at all costs if I can, in favor of using a cc instead).
  • 1x Amex card
  • 1x Capitol One card (for when Amex isn't accepted at certain places)
  • Gate entry/membership card for Hidden Falls Adventure Park

Why people have big ol fat wallets that aren't full of cash (or are) is beyond me.  It reminds me of a woman with a giant purse that's full of shit that doesn't need to be carried around with you everywhere.

• Like 2

^^ Yep, that's the one.  It's actually really good IMO.  My gf has the money clip one and I have the elastic strap one.  I think I like the elastic one a bit more because it sits flatter in my pocket.

Before having one of those, I used to just carry my cards free in my pocket because I hated having a wallet.  Also, anytime I'm in any place that's crowded my wallet, when I used to carry one, would instantly be put into my front pocket so that I could not easily be victimized by a pick pocket.  The Ridge doesn't feel right in a back pocket, although I'm guessing you could put it there if you really wanted to.  It's small/compact enough to go in the front pocket without being a hassle.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dirty_habiT said:

Why people have big ol fat wallets that aren't full of cash (or are) is beyond me.  It reminds me of a woman with a giant purse that's full of shit that doesn't need to be carried around with you everywhere.

Damn gif wont post 

the-mobile-george-costanza-wallet.jpg?la

Edited by mn1_fuckos
  • Like 1
  • LOL! 2

@where@Schnitzel- In the history of RFID credit cards, there has never been a successful exploit by a bad actor simply passing within proximity of a cardholder (that we know of).

The equipment required to skim a card in this manner is not common and not something that the average mouth breather thief would even know how to use properly.  RFID readers are "low power" and the part inside the card is just an "antennae".  It takes the signal from the reader and reflects back a signal that lets the reader know it's information (the RFID card).  The readers require you to put the card against the reader, like within 1/8" close.  To read a card further away from that requires a "high power" RFID reader which just isn't equipment that people carry around.  If they did they'd likely have to have a backpack.

You're MUCH more likely to have your card skimmed by a waiter at a restaurant or a gas pump skimmer than you are to be the victim of an RFID attack.  Also, I am not quite sure which cards actually have RFID in them anyway in terms of credit cards/debit cards.  Maybe your building access card for your work would be at risk but that's like some james bond shit.  It's just VERY far fetched that someone would skim your work badge to get into your building.  It **could happen, but it's just not very likely at all.

https://www.electrodragon.com/product/125khz-rfid-long-distance-module-40cm-serial/

Something like that could do it, but still it'd be a very targeted attack.  I don't think hanging out in the shopping mall and collecting RFID info from people walking by would be very useful because I don't think RFID cc's are very common at all.  Stealing someone's work badge data would just look like junk data and you'd have to know where they work... so again, it'd be a targeted attack.

Also, I'm not suggesting that you don't get RFID blocking, you can't ever be too careful.... I'm just pointing out that the likelihood of someone skimming your card via RFID is very very slim.  There are much easier ways to steal info.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Dirty_habiT said:

@where@Schnitzel- In the history of RFID credit cards, there has never been a successful exploit by a bad actor simply passing within proximity of a cardholder (that we know of).

The equipment required to skim a card in this manner is not common and not something that the average mouth breather thief would even know how to use properly.  RFID readers are "low power" and the part inside the card is just an "antennae".  It takes the signal from the reader and reflects back a signal that lets the reader know it's information (the RFID card).  The readers require you to put the card against the reader, like within 1/8" close.  To read a card further away from that requires a "high power" RFID reader which just isn't equipment that people carry around.  If they did they'd likely have to have a backpack.

You're MUCH more likely to have your card skimmed by a waiter at a restaurant or a gas pump skimmer than you are to be the victim of an RFID attack.  Also, I am not quite sure which cards actually have RFID in them anyway in terms of credit cards/debit cards.  Maybe your building access card for your work would be at risk but that's like some james bond shit.  It's just VERY far fetched that someone would skim your work badge to get into your building.  It **could happen, but it's just not very likely at all.

https://www.electrodragon.com/product/125khz-rfid-long-distance-module-40cm-serial/

Something like that could do it, but still it'd be a very targeted attack.  I don't think hanging out in the shopping mall and collecting RFID info from people walking by would be very useful because I don't think RFID cc's are very common at all.  Stealing someone's work badge data would just look like junk data and you'd have to know where they work... so again, it'd be a targeted attack.

Also, I'm not suggesting that you don't get RFID blocking, you can't ever be too careful.... I'm just pointing out that the likelihood of someone skimming your card via RFID is very very slim.  There are much easier ways to steal info.

does tinfoil work to block RFID?

• Like 1

Foil supposedly does foil, you can wrap your phone in it too if you ever don't want it sending/receiving.

People already hit on this but I also dislike big wallets and went to using an ID holder years ago, holds around 5 cards each side, slim & compact.  Also nothing fancy, I think I got mine from Walmart for like $5 and it's held up incredibly well.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Dirty_habiT said:

Also, the CC's that have this tech in them are the following:

Visa PayWave

MasterCard PayPass

American Express ExpressPay

Discover Zip

There may be more.  I just checked my credit cards/debit card and none of those names were on them.  I don't think they're very common.

I just checked  every one of my cards is paywave.

Think they are much more common over here because we're a smaller population who has gone mad for the idea of a cashless society.

2 hours ago, where said:

Remember back in highschool there would always be at least one kid with ducktape wallet

and his mate who had this ( okay it was me)

2139081168_ScreenShot2020-02-21at11_14_26am.thumb.png.390424779f08a2b87356ca9f4df3c66a.png

• Like 1