is Grocery Outlet national?

KILZ FILLZ

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Never heard of Grocery Outlet.

Mets have always been my favorite NY team of any sport being that I'm a blue collar baller that's lived in Queens for 12 of the last 15 years. Also kind of weird but I don't think any hardcore baseball fans would actually drink wine, at least not Mets fans. Most Mets fans have a heavy bias for Union work, undying loyalty (or they'd be Yankees fans), and beer. I can't even picture myself sipping wine in one of the private box's. Although I prefer piss beer over microbrew and only hit the wine when it pleases the wife.

• Like 1
  • Truth 1

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

Never heard of Grocery Outlet.

Mets have always been my favorite NY team of any sport being that I'm a blue collar baller that's lived in Queens for 12 of the last 15 years. Also kind of weird but I don't think any hardcore baseball fans would actually drink wine, at least not Mets fans. Most Mets fans have a heavy bias for Union work, undying loyalty (or they'd be Yankees fans), and beer. I can't even picture myself sipping wine in one of the private box's. Although I prefer piss beer over microbrew and only hit the wine when it pleases the wife.

Is there a diving line in nyc where people are predetermined to be Mets or yanks fans? Or is it a situation where your dad was a fan so you’re a fan? Do they get a lot of jersey fans? 

1 minute ago, KILZ FILLZ said:

Is there a diving line in nyc where people are predetermined to be Mets or yanks fans? Or is it a situation where your dad was a fan so you’re a fan? Do they get a lot of jersey fans? 

Sort of, Manhattan and Bronx are Yankees territory. Queens, Brooklyn, and Staten Island are Mets Territory. Not really hard line or anything but in general you don't see much orange West of the East River.

Quick History is the Yankees have always been king in Manhattan, and of course the Bronx, and used to be big everywhere in NYC except for Brooklyn. Brooklyn had the Dodgers back in the day, and it was 100% Dodgers territory before the team left since Brooklyn has always been heavy on the local pride thing. Mets came along shortly after the Dodgers left Brooklyn, and headquartered in Shea Stadium in the heart of Queens, so most of old Brooklyn that were still baseball fans got on board with the Mets. They hated the Yankees more than they hated Queens I guess. Since most of Staten Island is comprised of "white flight" Brooklyn escapees naturally the Mets are also fairly well received there, but not as well as they are in Brooklyn and Queens.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Sort of, Manhattan and Bronx are Yankees territory. Queens, Brooklyn, and Staten Island are Mets Territory. Not really hard line or anything but in general you don't see much orange West of the East River.

Quick History is the Yankees have always been king in Manhattan, and of course the Bronx, and used to be big everywhere in NYC except for Brooklyn. Brooklyn had the Dodgers back in the day, and it was 100% Dodgers territory before the team left since Brooklyn has always been heavy on the local pride thing. Mets came along shortly after the Dodgers left Brooklyn, and headquartered in Shea Stadium in the heart of Queens, so most of old Brooklyn that were still baseball fans got on board with the Mets. They hated the Yankees more than they hated Queens I guess. Since most of Staten Island is comprised of "white flight" Brooklyn escapees naturally the Mets are also fairly well received there, but not as well as they are in Brooklyn and Queens.

I had no idea.  Thanks for breaking that down