Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
K-Rock

Graff Girls

Recommended Posts

Originally posted by UnFAMOUS

Now its nice seeing these females painting and getting there can control down but I would like to see more letters, wildstyle it, do something. Stop sticking to the basic forms of the letter or using fonts. Just would like to see something new from the ladies

 

Just to offer some insight.. My goal from when I first started painting was to execute fonts PERFECTLY and FLAWLESSLY. The reason for that is because I want to do signs and whatever for businesses and stuff. Also I don't paint 'wildstyle' type letters because they just don't appeal to me. Simple styles appeal to me. Maybe at some point I'll add a little more flair, but as for now my focus is just being able to keep it clean, even and proportionate.

 

And I'm not trying to sound rude, but maybe people paint for their own reasons and not necesserily to please the masses.

 

Phemmer I love that Engine and the signature is key.

 

That top Damsel looks crazy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by ElleGenie

Just to offer some insight.. My goal from when I first started painting was to execute fonts PERFECTLY and FLAWLESSLY. The reason for that is because I want to do signs and whatever for businesses and stuff. Also I don't paint 'wildstyle' type letters because they just don't appeal to me. Simple styles appeal to me. Maybe at some point I'll add a little more flair, but as for now my focus is just being able to keep it clean, even and proportionate.

 

And I'm not trying to sound rude, but maybe people paint for their own reasons and not necesserily to please the masses.

 

Phemmer I love that Engine and the signature is key.

 

That top Damsel looks crazy.

 

a well painted simple can be just as good as a wildstyle. it all depends on the letters. and a lot of the shit i see on this page is just hot simples. keep it fresh ladies

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

SOME OF THESE GIRLS CAN REALLY PAINT. FUCK A WILDSTYLE, ILLEGIBLE, BRONX OR L.A. STYLE BURNER. THE SIMPLES AND FONT LIKE LETTERS DISPLAYED BY ENGINE, APOLLO , LOVE, SOUR, AND ESPECIALLY DAMSEL(S) ARE MUCH BETTER THAN ANY UNDICIPHERABLE MESS. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK LADIES.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest FACELIFT

ROPAS IS MY GIRLFRIEND...

 

:p :p :p :p

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now for those who use fonts, isn¡¦t the letters you use suppose to be your own and if you take fonts aren't you biting?? I understand and appreciate the form of a letter because that is the basic structure and is what makes a letter a letter. There are some dope females who have basic stamps and bombing letters but at the same time they have their wicked letters, for example, eskimo, damsel, jasper, mes3, grotesque and there are a few more. All I want to express to some ladies, Don't think you¡¦re the shit just because you do basic letters with some descent fills, don't stop there, expand from your basics and take it to the next level like the males.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by ElleGenie

Just to offer some insight.. My goal from when I first started painting was to execute fonts PERFECTLY and FLAWLESSLY. The reason for that is because I want to do signs and whatever for businesses and stuff.

 

Now I can understand that as a graphic designer but graffitti and designing extremly different. I use my graf to inspire my work and my work to inspire my graf but I don't keep to the basic or they ordinary because I don't want to be the average I want to excel and would like to see other females excel to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by UnFAMOUS

Now for those who use fonts, isn¡¦t the letters you use suppose to be your own and if you take fonts aren't you biting?? I understand and appreciate the form of a letter because that is the basic structure and is what makes a letter a letter. There are some dope females who have basic stamps and bombing letters but at the same time they have their wicked letters, for example, eskimo, damsel, jasper, mes3, grotesque and there are a few more. All I want to express to some ladies, Don't think you¡¦re the shit just because you do basic letters with some descent fills, don't stop there, expand from your basics and take it to the next level like the males.

 

 

there are plenty of men who only to super simple letters. why don't you go talk down to them about taking it "to the next level like the males"? these women are their own writers, not some new kid who's looking for your help..........

 

I looked back a bit and didn't see any fonts, but I don't see the problem with them for bombing or whatever, as long as you aren't claiming you invented them. Wouldn't it then be biting to do a Bode character?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by UnFAMOUS

Now its nice seeing these females painting and getting there can control down but I would like to see more letters, wildstyle it, do something. Stop sticking to the basic forms of the letter or using fonts. Just would like to see something new from the ladies

 

you have to crawl before you can walk and walk before you can run.....some advice i wish some more guys out there would listen to!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by UnFAMOUS

Now for those who use fonts, isn¡¦t the letters you use suppose to be your own and if you take fonts aren't you biting?? I understand and appreciate the form of a letter because that is the basic structure and is what makes a letter a letter. There are some dope females who have basic stamps and bombing letters but at the same time they have their wicked letters, for example, eskimo, damsel, jasper, mes3, grotesque and there are a few more. All I want to express to some ladies, Don't think you¡¦re the shit just because you do basic letters with some descent fills, don't stop there, expand from your basics and take it to the next level like the males.

 

Which one of us thinks we're the shit? I don't think any of us do. Quit ASSUMING. Also there are a hell of alot of males who are rocking simple ass styles (Grey-Amaze-Seen) All of these guys are tenured and respected writers who for the most part maintained a simple style.

I was trying to be nice but...

 

I know!!

:idea:

 

Why don't you quit fucking telling us what to do and post some of your stuff you fucking know it all.

 

As I said before but apparently I didn't speak loud enough:

MAYBE SOME PEOPLE PAINT FOR THEIR OWN REASON -AND NOT NECCESSARILY TO APPEAL TO THE MASSES!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You know it!

 

You know I love you girl!!

 

yer my leatle princess! lol

 

and phem9 is my leatle dove bar ha!

 

and UnFamous is my leatle litter box....haha just kidding.

Okay now I'm just being an asshole.

I'm just playing.

 

 

 

Devilush send me an email. I miss our chats.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest FACELIFT

ROPAS...MISS17...

 

:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

UnFamous: as a painter in both styles......... graff and i do murals on cars i have found one helps with the other......creative juice is mixed and some bad ass work can come of it:p

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

22 year old, remotely average- (at best) looking male seeks heavy drinking, hot lady from the nj/philly/nyc area. i can impress you with the flicks of the 4 pieces ive done in my life.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by ElleGenie

Why don't you quit fucking telling us what to do and post some of your stuff you fucking know it all.

[/size]

 

I didn't say I knew everything I was just voicing my own opinion and thought. Because of my own personal feelings about graf I would and will not post my own flixs because I do not self promote. I don't care about any fame and if you see my work then you see it, if you don't then you don't.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"expand from your basics and take it to the next level like the males"

 

"do something. Stop sticking to the basic forms of the letter or using fonts."

 

You're not telling us what to do? You're not trying to push you're ideals of graffiti on to us?

 

I have to go to work so I'm going to type this fast and it may be a bit unorganized.

 

Everyone has their own opinion about graffiti, which is fine. To share your opinion is also fine. But you won't convince myself or any other woman who reads this thread to change her style, standards, opinion or personal goal in graffiti. We all paint for our own reasons. We paint what we like. We paint what reflects us as individuals. While we all strive to avoid the ever defeating "You're pretty good for a girl", we don't want to compromise our integrity as a female writer by doing what all the guys do just to be considered one of the guys. I think it's important to remember that we are women writers and men will forever see a difference between us and them. If that be the case they may as well see just who we really are as women writers and see our individual styles for what they are. Just as men do shit their way, women have their own ways of doing and going about things. It should be celebrated that as women we're pretty damn good in our right. Where we may not be able to do everything men can, there are some things we can do that they can't. And quite frankly I don't ever want to be "like the males" as you say, because I don't see anything wrong with being a female.

 

I get this overall feeling that you paint to fit in or you want to paint in a certain way so that you will fit in. You don't have to do that. Just be who you are, and paint what you feel like -that's where true style comes from.

 

Also I don't believe your "i don't want to self-promote" cop out. I doubt you have anything to show (for how much you've run your mouth).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ElleG

 

ALL U SAID I TAKE AS COMP TO THE LADIES. AND AM PROUD TO BE A GRAFF AND PAINTER AFTER THAT WRITING :cool:

COULD NOT HAVE SAID IT BETTER MYSELF

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...