Brands worth considering 2020

glorydays

16 hours ago, delv said:

Thought this thread had potential, but it's just images that kill my mobile experience and data. Was hopping for some discussion?

I post the pics

my last thread was just pics...noone said anything

if you want to discuss some brands, you're more than welcome to start one

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Nah bro, maybe post some information as to WHY you think these brands are fire in 2020 or something. Simply reposting images without context doesn't contribute anything imho. 

For example, is the brand you post known for something? Are they ethical? Affordable? Local to you/me? Do they have a history? Is it some secret Kanye side-project? Is the designer the next Abloh or Raf?

Basically, I don't know shit about any of the brands you posted and the images on their own ain't giving me any reason to give a fuck about em. 

Just my opinion mate and in happy to be wrong about it. 

• Props 1

43 minutes ago, delv said:

Nah bro, maybe post some information as to WHY you think these brands are fire in 2020 or something. Simply reposting images without context doesn't contribute anything imho. 

For example, is the brand you post known for something? Are they ethical? Affordable? Local to you/me? Do they have a history? Is it some secret Kanye side-project? Is the designer the next Abloh or Raf?

Basically, I don't know shit about any of the brands you posted and the images on their own ain't giving me any reason to give a fuck about em. 

Just my opinion mate and in happy to be wrong about it. 

No, i agree and you're right

I'm a fan of the designers

For example, NONNATIVE, the designers Satoshi Saffen and Takayuki Fujii were part of the next generation of Harajuku streetwear scene. They came directly after BAPE, undercover, WTAPS, NBHD....etc.

This was important because the japanese streetwear scene exploded with other brands. Soph.NET, number (n)ine, Uniform Experiment, NONNATIVE, and they were all flooding the market.

There was only so much room for graphic tee shirts

If you researched any of the brands i just listed, you would see that they evolved into high end cut n' sew. None of their pieces dip below the 80 dollar mark. they decided to all go beyond just streetwear.

And if there were any discussion of the pictures i posted before, then it would be the humble beginnings these brands actually came from.

Needles Rebuild, another good example, depended solely on old stuff soldiers left behind post WW2. Old Levis, carharrt, woolrich, LL Bean were used for Needles Rebuild. The name itself kind of introduces the consumer as to what they did in the past. They took old articles of clothing and patched, fixed, or otherwise built new pieces from the rags they found. The designer, Keizo Shimizu , was completely enamored by american made clothes.

if you saw my previous thread, then you would know that i posted alot of discussion on the history of the brands i love. the reason why i'm not doing it now, is because the previous thread had NO participants.

I can tell by your user stats that you weren't there for my previous thread.

I have been buying alot, and i mean ALOT, of reigning champ recently mostly because i really like incorporating technical material and athletic fits into my everyday wear.

Brands i wear on rotation:

Comme des Garcons CDGCDGCDG (special occasion shit)

Adsum (button downs, windbreakers)

dickies (pants everyday)

reigning champ (hoodies, basic tees, gym stuff)

new balance (shoes)

Union Los Angeles (collabs)

12ozprophet (duh)

Palace (oxfords, windbreakers)

Supreme (oxfords)

UACTP (gym stuff)

• 2 months later...
On 2/7/2020 at 8:14 PM, KILZ FILLZ said:

Damn!! Is climbing couture right now?

fo sho.  there's even meme's about it.  arc'teryx got the veillance line.

• Like 1

I'm fucks with the typical clobber/ nyc/ norm core/ hype beast styles... New Balance, nike, awake, Noah, arc-teryx, acg, beams, stone island, polo, rrl.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/12/2020 at 1:20 AM, JesusMachine said:

fo sho.  there's even meme's about it.  arc'teryx got the veillance line.

Used to rock a ton of Veilance when I lived in the city and the year I was in LA. It’s way to delicate for where I live now, but I’ll still wear a hard shell out to dinner or something. Replaced most of it with different color ways of Otte’s Patrol Parka instead.