REQUIEM FOR A DREAM

Herman Blaster

Guest Wilt
This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Ted Wakowski

I've heard heads try to hate on Requiem for it's fairly flat dialogue but I get the sense that the film is more about raw feeling than anything else. It's so visually deliberate and well-edited, shot, cast, lit, paced and acted out (lush with dialogue or not) that it kind of sucks you in without much talking at all.

Simply a fucking dope movie. Directing and just all around producing a film like that and getting it released in hollywood is such good shit to see.

that movie provoked the biggest emotional effect of any movie i have seen ever.

especially since i have had freinds that have had problems like that...the hoplessness and rawness of the situations was portrayed almost accuratley.

the cinemaphotography was on point to.

Guest THEMEDIC

that movie made me feel better about myself....a real thinker, i thought i was on acid just watching it

A totally over rated movie.

Everyone who's seen it is always saying, "Oh!! That's the greatest movie of all time." As a matter of fact when I saw the thread title "requiem for a dream" I figured it would say it's the greatest movie ever. It's an alright movie. How in the hell do you get sick over something like Requiem For a Dream?? :o

I think the movie is alright. Not one of my favorites..

Although it was filmed so good. I loved the way they edited it and everything.

All in all it's just the same as the rest of the drug movies.

Guest tears*uno

not boring at all, i sat staring at the screen for about five minutes after it was done i was so in shock, the ending scenes are wayyyy intense. the soundtrack from the movie is great, the music is cool as hell

" JUCE BY TAPPY! JUICE BY TAPPY!"

Guest blink_ATX

yo word to you momma that is the whackest movie but one of my favourites.

l0rd Ka0s

lordKaotical: you know someone asked me once if i would die for my country i said no, i would die for freedom but not fro this country

his arm was sick...i saw the edited version though..i cant find the uncut one ANYWHERE over here..i might have though...but there was a stcker over where the last one i saw said edited so im not sure...u guys think best buy sells the unedited?anyways its a good movie...fuckin crazy..better than kids imo or about the same...

• 6 months later...
Guest SPLINTER

i agree with wonka on this one. it was very boring, it was filmed awesomely but the subject being filmed sucked. (im trying to act smart)

who ever said MEMENTO was a good movie is tottaly correct, that movie was ill.

• 2 weeks later...

i finally downloaded the movie last week on the advice of dirty-habz.....excellent movie......i liked the cinematography (sp?) and the repeated images when theyd get fucked up. well worth the time spent watching it.

today, i downloaded Pi (put out by the same people...i think this was mentioned before....) dont sleep on this movie either....its just as good i think.

Archived