DHABZ's let's talk about injuries thread.

Dirty_habiT

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
1 hour ago, Dirty_habiT said:

Damn.  You gonna tell us what happened?  @KILZ FILLZ

Cycling accident. Went over the bars but I ride with pedal straps/clipless. Normally you can tuck and roll and kick the bike away if something fucky happens but not when your feet are secured to the pedals. So I went over the bars and just ate the impact on my shoulder, crushing the collarbone. I gotta get this plate and screws removed eventually. If I have another major side impact like that the collarbone will turn to dust/splinters because of the screws in place and I’ll be seriously fucked until medicine gets to the point where prosthetic bones are a thing. 

• Like 1

Man that sounds unfortunate.  I definitely know the struggles of the pedals being attached to feet.  It's always made me pretty scared to get some of my own for BMX racing but they're quite necessary to be competitive.  The whole pulling up on the back stroke is critical to acceleration.  Pretty much any modern bmx racing wreck compilation will be just full of clipless pedal fails.

Examples of wrecking with bike attached to your feet still:

On 1/13/2020 at 3:56 PM, abrasivesaint said:

The dog should be put down. If it bites someone like that once it will more than likely happen again. 

I get the money maker aspect of it. I’m not arguing these people aren’t at fault or negligent. I get you didn’t chose the terms of the lawsuit. I get they didn’t have the insurance when they should have. It just seems like up to 1 million is a hefty price. 

You’re talking to a guy who was in a motorcycle accident that almost bled him to death after nearly amputating his leg because a man driving with no insurance and no license was too impatient to sit at a traffic light and hauled ass out of a parking lot trying to cross the street and didn’t see my unlucky ass on his motorcycle. Broken femur, broken tibia and fibula, broken ankle and foot bones, severed femoral artery and a shit ton of nerve, muscle and vascular damage. This happened a month after the Boston Marathon Bombing and the surgeons that were involved in my case dealt directly with the majority of those victims. They said i was worse than most and comparable to the worst injuries the victims sustained. The only difference was that i didnt have shrapnel in my leg. This was directly from a surgeons mouth, and was a weird and uneasy thing to hear, but the Marathon Bombing saved my leg if not my life, because they were fresh out of some wild surgeries and had an idea of how to deal with that level of trauma. I signed papers for my case and surgeries to be studied in medical schools. These fuckers found a way to put Humpty Dumpty back together again. 

I had 5 surgeries, 157 staples, uncounted stitches, 2 skin grafts, 6 weeks in a hospital and 6 weeks bed ridden at home and a year and a half of physical therapy. I couldn't walk for months and walked with a cane for over a year and a half. I still walk with a limp at times and at any point the vein they took from my right leg to replace my femoral artery could give out and i’d need to have my leg amputated or hope another surgery is an option and pans out..  

Know what happened to this guy for driving without a license and almost killing someone? Nothing. He had to pay a $400 fine and lost the license he didn't have in the first place. Thankfully i had insurance to protect me against uninsured drivers so i got some money, but in terms of my million dollar medical bill it was a pittance, and it got broken into thirds. Third to insurance, third to lawyers, third to me. (My family got a lawyer while i was unconscious in the ICU to deal with medical bill harassment and whatever else by the suggestions of numerous people.) The lawyers said you could put a lean on his house but the house is also in his sons name so when he dies the house goes to his son and it’s not his son’s legal issue. 

PS: that’s why i know about the nerve pain/Gabapentin, haha. The pain and sensation of your nerves reattaching and coming back to life is a mother fucker. 

2 things. 1, holy hell ant, glad to see you made it out alive. That’s some wild shit. My old lady worked as a mass general nurse for years and she has some crazy survival stories from people like yourself. Props. 

Second. Ima go ahead and stand right by a lawsuit on anything that attacks or seriously impairs my ability to be me because it’s just what it is. I grew up in a shit fuck project neighborhood getting chased and bit up by those fucking dogs (pit bulls, not rotti’s) (i fucking love rotts and grew up with two).

I got hit by a car on my BMX as a yout and since we were poor there was no lawyer around to save the day or really anybody to tell us there was a chance at payment. The guy who hit me drove a nice car and wrote a 600$ check to my mother when she picked me up from the hospital. This had to of been 93/94 and I don’t really remember much aside from being all banged up and at the hospital but no major injuries. Money was for our troubles i guess and my brand new GT vertigo my rich grandpa i met one time bought me for my birthday about 2 months prior. Looking back i bet it coulda been some shit.....Bike was completely annihilated under the car and i woulda been under there too but i remember at the moment of impact doing some khanate kid shit and kinda jump rolling onto and over the hood of the car down the back so it didn’t take my legs off. 

As for when and if its kind of a bummer to sue someone and fuck they life up, I can go either way on it. It’s fucked up for sure but I’d probably feel way less thoughtful about flexing on a family i know isn’t gonna lose everything as opposed to one that has nothing to lose. I’m a “savage” as the young kids call it. Fuck it though. Just doesn’t seem to make sense if a mother fucker has nothing to pay you and your medical bills or lack of future work. Reckon its luck of the draw. 

Anyhow, sorry that happened to you @Dirty_habiTsounds really shitty and unfortunate and even though my rant sounds retarded i guess all I’m saying is, word. You did, are doing what you gotta do on the lawyers and what not. 

@abrasivesaintso hey, i just experienced the worst crippling pain I’ve ever had and got laid up from some kind of wild muscle pull in my “neck-back” region. Mostly from stress. But i dropped in at the skate park the other day and felt the pop. I don’t fucking think I’m that old and rickety but apparently i am. Since I don’t skate as often as i should, a brotha got served up FROM DOING NOTHING. Told my psychiatrist about the pain and he prescribed me that gabbapentin shit. My chick is a N.P. And not stoked on the drug so I’m kinda hesitant. Super low dose but I’m supposed to start painting again and i gotta kick this shit fast. Shit is fucked up. 

• Like 1

sorry to all the pit bull owners and lovers but I’ll be the first motherfucker to come right out and claim my own dog racism. 

Consider me the KKK of the canine world. Rottweilers are the homies though. I’ve had some good pittybull buddies in my day but i always got my eye on them niggas. And I don’t let my kid near them, ever. 

• Like 2

Story #1:

I was drinking takka vodka one night a smoking drugs at a friends house. About 2 hours into all of it i black out and start hassling them about where my baby's mom and baby are. They were like "i have no idea dude" so i swung on one of them and obviously hit just air. So one dude picked up a 40 bottle and cracked my face with. I came to in the hospital with my parents looking over me shaking their heads. Dr said i had a BAC level of .3 and a broken orbital socket and cheek bone. He said i shoulda been dead.

Story #2:

I was cutting drugs up with a brand new razor box cutter while higher than giraffe pussy (hyuk hyuk) and slit the shit out of my middle finger causing me to need 13 stitches. Some thru the fingernail. Ill dig up the picture of it before stitches in a min.

Edited by Moe Szyslak
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Moe Szyslak said:

Dr said i had a BAC level of .3 and a broken orbital socket and cheek bone. He said i shoulda been dead.

I am very familiar with that broken face-cheek bone,  Orbital socket deal.  Dude had to have his face reconstructed. It’s brutal.  You got rocked hard enough to break your orbital socket! .  Dr told us-you have to either be in a car accident, get hit with an object or get stomped on. He got stomped on. 

Fell asleep kinda drunk leaning against a railing, fell 3 stories. Hit the ground so hard I had an ocular hemorrhage, where you hit the ground so hard the soft tissue behind your eyes breaks and you bleed out of them. Was paralyzed/coma for 2 days, all the damaged part of my back was removed and mixed with polymers then 3d printed directly on my vertebrae. No big deal, good as new. 

• Props 3

Holy hell, dude.....That is fuckin gnarly. Glad you alive, g. (More of that story...)

Sounds dead like a homie of mine. Not dead like a homie of mine.

My man fell out while sitting on my old balcony railing. A good 25/30 ft up off the ground give or take. High enough to snap another buddies ankle in two trying to be slick and jump down. The whole damn party scream as dude fell backwards...Feet dangled towards the moonlit sky and away he went into the darkness. Everyone went [heavy air gasp] or “OH SHIIIT!!!” 

All we heard was a loud tumble following a kind of roll followed by some gnarly grunting. This assured us that the nigga was at least a little alive and we rushed outside to check the damage. 

The motion lights from the tip of the driveway clicked on and there he was. Motionless, but perfectly fine because he managed to fall head first backwards directly on top of some leaned over plywood. The balcony side of the furnished garage/basement ran along about 60 feet of old broke concrete driveway. Fuckin random ass piece of plywood about 4ft tall and maybe 3ft wide ever so gently leaned upside the garage exactly where he fell. The lawd of the golden goat baphomet must of been lookin out for my guy because he did some tuck’n roll shit right down that bitch and stayed right there sleepin. Unbelievable. Legit coulda fell head first backwards anywhere else off the balcony and been a whole different situation. 

• Props 2

19 minutes ago, Dirty_habiT said:

Fuck.... some crazy stories in here since I last checked.  @SMdoubleXL- I'm going to guess that's your kanuder valve.

I can’t fool you, huh? Ha 

its a  still  of a 6 hr video of my 9 hr brain tumor (benign) removal. 1 of three  times going in due to Cerebral Spinal Fluid  leaks. 2002 

Acoustic Neuroma (vestibular schwannomma) (sp) About the size of a walnut.  Feeds off your vestibular, hearing and facial nerve.  All of which have been removed.  

Seeing some one advancements in techniques and plan on paying my surgeons a visit this year to see if I can be a candidate.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dirty_habiT said:

Oh wow, well you're a very lucky person!  I think the guys falling of balconies are pretty lucky too!

Medical stuff makes me super squeamish, I could never be a surgeon even though I used to think I wanted to be one when I was younger.

I couldn’t wait to get home and watch my video. My surgeon thought I was nuts and just shook his head at me when I asked for it.  It needs a sound track. 🎶 

I’m extremely stubborn. Luck plays a role but you have to meet luck half way with drive and want. Died once during the second fluid leak.  On the table. My temp went up to 106-pulse ox to zero. Zero heart beats.  For short short period.  

Hardest I have ever fucking fought in my life -but thinking of my 7 yr old at the time made the fight worth it.  She had no one else.  

Had to learn to walk again. I’m still a dizzy broad. I just look drunk when I walk sometimes. I can’t hear shit on my left  (we have covered this) but one learns the value of time and how not to waste it once you realize your life can end just like that. 

I appreciate every step. Every breath. Everything much different now. 

• Props 2

I wish everyone valued their lives and others' like that too.  It takes being at the end of your rope to really understand these things (and I cannot pretend that I do).  That's one of the reasons I'm nice to everyone in public, I've already put myself in their shoes and they don't even know it.  That doesn't mean I understand them, but it means I'm conceding to not know who they are until they tell me or what they've gone through as a person.

@abrasivesaintis incredibly lucky and "getting into it" in the political threads it's easy to forget that it's a person on the other side of the internet you're disagreeing about something with.  I like to think our "relationship" is better than it was months ago and we maybe know a bit more about who we are as people from opening up here on the forum.  I cherish this place and it's people for that reason.

I'm glad everyone in this thread is ok despite the things they've endured.  I know "ok" is relative, but I think if you're able to type and talk about it here on the internet you're doing better than most.

2 hours ago, SMdoubleXL said:

I couldn’t wait to get home and watch my video. My surgeon thought I was nuts and just shook his head at me when I asked for it.  It needs a sound track. 🎶 

I’m extremely stubborn. Luck plays a role but you have to meet luck half way with drive and want. Died once during the second fluid leak.  On the table. My temp went up to 106-pulse ox to zero. Zero heart beats.  For short short period.  

Hardest I have ever fucking fought in my life -but thinking of my 7 yr old at the time made the fight worth it.  She had no one else.  

Had to learn to walk again. I’m still a dizzy broad. I just look drunk when I walk sometimes. I can’t hear shit on my left  (we have covered this) but one learns the value of time and how not to waste it once you realize your life can end just like that. 

I appreciate every step. Every breath. Everything much different now. 

I don’t recall you ever sharing that story around here. But maybe you have. I can’t remember. You definitely shared some health issues from your past though. You’re a true g. 

• Like 1