Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
misteraven

Recipes - Cooking and Baking with 12oz Best of thread

Orange chicken.

This one has a lot of mise en plas I wont teach lol as with all stir frys, they're fast and hot.

Sauce:

3 tbps orange juice

Zest of one orange

3 tbps soy sauce

1/4 cup water or chicken stock.

1.5 tbps shaoxing wine

3 tbps white vinegar or rice vinegar

3 tbps white sugar

1 tbps brown sugar

1 tsp honey 

1/2-1 tsp chili flakes

3 dried chiles.

1/2 tsp of hoisin

1 tbps of corn starch.

Reserve 1/2 tsp of fine diced garlic and ginger.

Combine everything but garlic and ginger, this is your slurry.

Batch fry the salted chicken in a 2:1 salted. cornstarch to flour mixture. Using an egg dredge station.

Set chicken aside on wire rack. 

Heat a very small bit of oil in your wok, saute the garlic and ginger. Add sauce, once it boils and thickens remove from heat and toss chicken.

I did bigger pieces because I didnt want to batch fry all night.

Bone apple teeth

IMG_20200205_224905_380.jpg

• Props 3

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Another easy one that guests have responded to, chicken w/ caramelized onion and cardamom rice:

1949550012_ScreenShot2020-02-07at9_32_30AM.thumb.png.e23e35e4d9c0aa9ad80feebc6b35d718.png

Notes on this:  I use dried currants, skip step 1.  For the spices I'll suggest using ground cinnamon and ground or crushed cloves.  In Step 4 you can use paper towels if needed.  Before adding the herbs I'll suggest trying to remove all or as many of the cardamom pods as you can.  I've never bothered to add the yogurt/oil mixture at the end, dish is good enough as is. 

On 2/1/2020 at 7:07 PM, KILZ FILLZ said:

Awesome that would be great 

Yo i legit went to the grocery store and got all the required ingredients for my shit but i tried to take a different approach and honestly fucked it all up lol. I shoulda put myself in the shame this mans thread for being such a dumb ass. Looked far better than it tasted in the end. Worst chicken ever. Thought I’d listen to a relative and try something i never tried. Fail. I’ll post up again soon though.

Edited by NightmareOnElmStreet
  • Like 1
  • LOL! 2

@NightmareOnElmStreet What kinda chicken are you frying? Bone in? Deep oil. Boneless, smash it out before breading AMD use a lot less oil than youd think.

Fried chicken is a very good example of simplicity and execution being more than enough. START there.

Learn a dredge station. Learn tricks like using some of your buttermilk marinade in the final dredge flour to make it crumbly (that's why the last pieces of chicken you make are the sexiest).

Techniques cannot be taught through a recipe.

Edited by pissdrunkwhat?!

VEGAN CORN BREAD

Preheat oven to 425

Butter a 9x9 baking dish

Dry bowl

1 cup corn meal

1 cup flour

4 teaspoons baking powder

1/4 cup sugar

3/4 table spoon salt

Wet bowl

2 table spoons ground flax seed

6 table spoons hot water

Measuring cup

1 cup soy milk

1/4 cup peanut oil (or whatever oil)

Pour your wet ingredients into your dry bowl and hand mix until smooth. Do not over mix.

Hand fold mixture into baking dish.

Bake for 20-25 minutes

20200215_114933.jpg

good for kids to introduce them to kecap manis and fish sauce.

comes around about every 4 weeks in my house.

you can tell it's been used a few times!  My wife doesn't need it anymore. cme froma reality TV cooking show but it tastes fucking unreal.IMG_7917.thumb.JPG.013e7352fc4fe09bfd8aac27d186c5c8.JPG

• Truth 1

And says a bit about me rushing to cook stuff  before my wife gets home. s

he's a slow and steady cook I'm like Tasmanian devil from Looney tunes.

• LOL! 1

A32EF1CF-16A9-4BF2-A732-7A57613E14CC.jpegCF0B8C3A-9D82-4968-9DE1-65259E81ABEE.jpeg

I don't drink often, and this isn't a cooking or baking thing, but I wanted to share with you a bad ass idea I had the other day.  We had drinks from the other night when I took my gf and her friends out to dinner.  I wouldn't drink/drive so I bought some stuff for us to have margaritas afterwards since they wanted to go somewhere with margaritas..... so anyway, here's my bad ass idea:

* 1x shot lime juice.

* 1x shot lime infused simple syrup (cane sugar kind not HFC kind)

* 1x shot Cointreau (orange liqueur, don't substitude triple sec for this, it's not as good)

* 1x shot tequila (I use Milagro Silver)

* 1/2 can of lime White Claw (for that special fizz)

You will not be disappointed w/ the flavor of your margarita if you make it like this.