This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Just now, Dirty_habiT said:

Sounds like yet another person that is tired of the bullshit.

I like how he called her out completely all while in front of her residents.  I thought it is the best campaign commercial I have seen ever.  

I hope he gets elected. 

• Truth 2

1 minute ago, Dirty_habiT said:

Funny you mention that.  I was imagining this reality I'm living in where if that guy were a white guy there'd be all kinds of cock roaches, rats, snakes, and worms crawling out of the woodwork to fly their "Racist ----> " flags.

100%

• Truth 1

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
40 minutes ago, KILZ FILLZ said:

Until telework is the standard, and eventually completely outsourced. 

Well, I don't think that's going to happen.  I currently work as a highly skilled "telework" worker..... and good luck outsourcing me.  It could happen to some percentage of people but my message to them is get good.  You won't be good enough to do the tech of tomorrow with your Windows NT 4.0 certifications from 1990s.

Not excited about "the biases" of Californians moving to Texas..... but that is ok, however because I don't intend to stay here forever if suckers from other places keep making it suck worse and worse, like they're slowly doing already.

Texas is not "better" since this "californian growth" started happening..... the CA companies merely realized there was a large amount of talent outside of their little circle of friends (who would have thought?!) and started wanting a piece of other pies.  Come to find out the only place to make money is not in California.

As soon as they drive the cost of things up in the area I'm buying in, I will sell to some dumbass for a small fortune, if it suits me, and I will take that to go live in the mountains, far away from where the city supported retards will be for a very long time.

• Like 2

The trick for all the "smart" people thinking they're getting a "pay raise" by moving here is going to be to maintain that same pay check you're getting over in CA here in TX.  The pay is not the same here as it is there..... so, while the cost of living **WAS cheaper, the pay will likely not be a 1:1 transfer.

I was just discussing this in detail with one of my brothers yesterday who also works high up in the tech world.  We were talking about how a money man like Elon would leverage the move to TX (right down the road from me) in terms of moving workers from CA without hurting their pay and how they would hire TX workers without paying them as much as the CA ones that were relocating.

Nobody will relocate for a pay cut and not everyone can relocate.  Bring in leadership/management from CA for very very negligible "pay bump" to entice the move + lower cost of living to entice the move.... hire TX labor "for cheap" and anyone in CA that cannot make the move ..... well fuck your couch.

The thing is, the cost of living is being driven up very quickly here.  So, just think.... in a year or two... by the time many Californians that are late to the bus stop catch on..... it will be just as expensive to live in "cool" Austin as it is to live over there in CA, except now you're far from your friends and family that didn't make the migration to TX.

I have not talked to anyone from any state that says they're happy to have Californians moving to their state in droves.

• Like 1

I'd also blame "California" for MUCH of the fuckery that has been discovered in politics.  Not saying they're to blame for all of it, but most of that impeachment bullcorn was conceived right there in California, and the people of the state supported it.  That shit would NEVER fly in Texas because we'd douche a "leader" like Pelosi out of office so fast her head would spin.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KILZ FILLZ said:

HP is moving to Houston but Houston is already pretty “blue” from what I understand. Does that seem to be the case @Dirty_habiT?

Sorry, I meant to respond to this yesterday.  I think "Houston turning blue" is just as true as "Texas turning blue".  You REALLY have to look at who is telling us this.... and now you REALLY have to question who is in charge of "the count".

If you listen to news and social media I would believe that Houston might be turning a bit towards blue in the city area only.... and that's the thing that I have really been trying to explain for a LONG time in many different ways.  Texas is a huge place and there's more to it than Houston/Austin/Dallas/San Antonio. 

It would be incredibly foolish to believe that Texas is blue or will ever be blue.  In fact, if any state in the USA is full of people that don't have "the blue mindset".... it would be here.  The ONLY way I ever see that changing is if we're invaded, because of how nice we've kept things here, by people that think differently.

Texas will be blue only when Texas has no more Texans in it.... and all the commies coming here w/ their ideals better bring their sack lunches and work boots because it's going to be an all day long uphill battle.  There's a reason that Texas has the reputation it does... and no, I'm not referring to that faggy movie quip that everyone likes to blurt out like they're as bad ass as the movie character that said it.  Since mahfuckas all PC and shit in 2020 keep your homophobic jokes to yourselves queers.  Suck it.

• Like 1

Maybe so, but what I'm pointing to is that the major urban areas are not made up of blue leaning Texans to begin with.  Texans have always been red for the most part because of the mindset here about farming/ranching/hunting/etc.  Nobody has their hand out for free shit here and it's well understood that if you want shit, you work for shit.  Any other kind of "thinking" doesn't jive well.

Yes, in some states the urban areas are full of blue people but those are in states that are considered blue anyway.  For instance, I would expect every city in NY and CA to be very blue... and most of the rural areas as well..... with exceptions of course in the rural areas more than anywhere else measured.

I wouldn't believe what you read or hear online unless you're hearing it from people with experience in Texas (read: me).  I have the perspective I have because I've lived here my entire life in most of the cities mentioned.  I would expect that anyone living in CA or NY for their entire would be able to correct my misconceptions about those places.

"Texans" that I know with the small exception of a few people I know here in Austin that have lived in Austin their entire lives are mostly all "red".  I haven't met any people that are from here that are blue.  I'm not suggesting they don't exist, I'm just suggesting that the natives here that are blue are not that common.

We have some really red areas here in CA but their pop is so low they get over ruled on everything. These are the folks that are asking for a split of CA into two or three different states. A lot of them are farm folk along the border with NV, and surprisingly, a lot of the beach towns.. Huntington Beach is a big one that pops out to me. San Diego has some very big red parts to it too, a lot of folk who split time between here and AZ or who are military/veterans. But all of us pretty much get over ruled with whatever LA wants it seems like

add’l point about the blue in TX - that gun grabbing POS Beto O’Rourke is one of yours! Lol 🙂  @Dirty_habiT

• LOL! 1

13 hours ago, KILZ FILLZ said:

We have some really red areas here in CA but their pop is so low they get over ruled on everything. These are the folks that are asking for a split of CA into two or three different states. A lot of them are farm folk along the border with NV, and surprisingly, a lot of the beach towns.. Huntington Beach is a big one that pops out to me. San Diego has some very big red parts to it too, a lot of folk who split time between here and AZ or who are military/veterans. But all of us pretty much get over ruled with whatever LA wants it seems like

add’l point about the blue in TX - that gun grabbing POS Beto O’Rourke is one of yours! Lol 🙂  @Dirty_habiT

Heh, but you see how far his campaign got.  He got shut down here in TX by all the gun loving people here.  Not sure why he even thought it was ever a good idea to run that here in TX.  Shows that he only knows his little corner over there by the border and I'd question whether or not he truly understands .

Seriously, listen to what this POS is saying in this article: https://www.chron.com/news/election2020/article/Texas-actually-has-a-chance-at-turning-blue-Beto-15661531.php

I didn't even have to scroll down far to read one of his first quotes saying "Texas is blabhlbablh traditionally regressive."  Like we're the "opposite of progress" by being red.  I also like how the left has attempted to take ownership of the word "progress" through their labeling of themselves as "progressive". 

This political stance enables them to say anything that doesn't agree w/ their mindset is the opposite of progress, as you see Beat-o suggesting above.  Like.... because people are red, we're somehow "behind the times".

You have to ask yourself:

Why would people leave CA?

What about some other place is "attractive" to someone that has been subjected to CA?

HOW could that "attractive" place have been kept that way for so long?

Was it because people like the ones that want to come there have already been running it in the way the people that want to come there would?

What happens when the people that made the place what it was no longer wish to be there and move elsewhere?

Will the new people that have no history of "how we got here" know how to keep things going and "progress" what was built and maintained before them?

Will the new people bring their same ideas they tried leaving behind?

Will the new people be respectful of the place they're coming to and not destroy it?

Will the new people try to learn how things are done here and attempt to contribute to what we are doing?

@KILZ FILLZ- that's garbage man, I'm sorry to hear that.  That is the problem w/ urban areas IMO, they don't represent the entire state very well but they vote like they do and rules are made like they do.

What is the goal in splitting CA and how would the two halves differ from one another?  I'm asking from the stance of not knowing a whole lot about the motivations to do that.

BTW, I know I'm salty af about all this stuff but I know that there are plenty of people from CA that are really great people and would mesh right in here in TX.  People act like rednecks are a bad thing when really everyone should be striving to figure out how they can become a redneck.... IMO.  That doesn't mean being poor, living in a single wide, and driving trashy vehicles either.

• Like 2

There have been a bunch of these proposals, mostly splitting it into the NoCal and SoCal but there have been others suggesting to plot it into six separate states too. Most recent was three states:

F978EB5A-C0C9-470D-9241-47B1200FC222.thumb.jpeg.d58d4e032d508061da44f81c754885f1.jpeg

edit - each of these states would still have something like 13-14 million people 

So the idea is that the state is to large to successfully govern. We have the entire population of Canada in us (nh) and the globes 5th largest economy. There’s a lot of diversity in that and the issues that are important to people in San Francisco can be completely different than the issues important to people in Bakersfield. These plans never get too far. The logistics in splitting something that large seem to be too much for people to want to engage. 

Here are a some of the other proposals, notice how they all try to separate that same stretch of coast line?

26885C16-38DD-4D21-8F6B-AC626A9EB1AB.thumb.jpeg.b33cef6d42065f23af0f7c28f27c8150.jpeg

E5FC7ED0-A508-4ADD-9B43-8BFA487391B8.thumb.jpeg.8ef2efd937d9ce55459bdf68f982a878.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

I hope the rest of our nation is smart enough to see this bleeding out of CA due to their political policy.  The people of USA should be doing everything possible to keep this "style" of political policy out of federal law/policy because it has clearly ruined CA and continues to do so.  We saw a LOT of attempts when Pelosi and Schiff were trying their hand at diddling the golden orange sack of trump's balls.

Is the next step to raise state income tax higher?

Which service is taking a pay cut so that the politicians don't have to?

/MortonSaltMineDumpTruck

• Like 1
  • Truth 1