favorite graffiti supplies (markers, cans, caps, etc.)

Ray40

but you never know, maybe my parents will, they warmed up to my plywood wall. before they really didn't like it, and my mom said I might even be able to do sticker, a little steel tip tag or etch isn't that much more, right?

• Pause 3

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

@Ray40 etch? No. I am going to assume you don’t actually know what that is. Please stay away from it.

Spend this time perfecting your skills. As you get older, if you stop throwing temper tantrums and pissing off your parents, you may be  allowed more freedom to make your own decisions and deal with whatever consequences those decisions may or may not have.

Don’t expect you parents or anybody to warm up to your desire to do this and give you permission.

Keep doing what you are doing now and continue to try and get better.

• Truth 3

Honestly, if you want to have all the time and money to fuck off doing graffiti in the world.... focus on figuring out how you're going to stop yourself from renting when you move out as quickly as possible.  Start planning for that now.  It'll be way cooler to the older you than "being good" at graffiti.

• Truth 5

I ordered my supplies of bombing science!!!!!!!  I am so excited.  I got three ironclad cans, bombing science sketchbook, two eggshell sticker packs( one that comes with a uni px30!!!), a cap pack, an OTR 060 paint marker, an OTR calligraffiti marker, and a drink silver k60.  Not everything I wanted but I am still sooooooo excited.  Thanks for helping me out guys

• 2 months later...
22 hours ago, CHANTICLEER said:

I have no idea how people join crews.  I was an on/off graffiti "writer" since 1996 or 1997.  Never did any serious damage.  Does anyone know how I can join a good crew on Long Island?

This is so weird, man. Why are you trying to join your first crew at almost 40. Most crews arent actively recruiting old men with no ups and no can control. Good luck.

• LOL! 3

• 4 weeks later...

This thread is fucking weird. Some kid trying to get his parents to accept him writing (probably not gonna happen).

Buying pre-split streaks. Where's the fun in that?

Some guy in his 40s trying to join a crew, that's one hell of a mid life crisis. Usually people just buy sports cars.

@Ray40If you want some honest advice without everybody just calling you a toy...

You don't need all of these fancy products from Bombing Science or Art Primo or whatever. You need to make your shit look good with Rusto and the factory caps, nothing else. As you practice you'll find that you can make a fill-in or a handstyle look good with just a Rusto and stock cap. Once you have something that pops doing that, THEN worry about getting the fancy paint, caps, and whatever else. Your shit will look that much better.

And if you don't know what etch is you don't belong using it. That shit will burn your skin off if you're not careful.

• Pause 1
  • Truth 1

• 4 months later...

There are some things you could take, one thing that may help is taking way too many tums because they will be a (lame) attempt to spike calcium high and have the flourine consume that instead of just wiping out what's in your blood.

It's technically an acid, but the acid burn is "weak" and that's what makes it so dangerous because you can get it on you and not know it got on you because it doesn't just burn like you think on the movies.  Hours later you may notice something is off, but it's way too late by then.

If you want to know more I'll be happy to share on DM.... I just don't think it's wise to tell everyone even though I'm sure someone has said it before on here.  I learned about the stuff I know because it says don't store in glass container, then I looked it up and learned that it's because it will destroy bonds in silica.  I'm probably butchering the shit out of that and making some resident chemist cringe.

• Like 2
  • Truth 1

@Dirty_habiT  thanks for the acid etch insight.  For a couple years i was wondering if i should venture into acid etching for some specific jobs opposed to using the laser so I could save some time. 

I think the cardiac risk you described is probably one of the reasons why there is only one company (which is out side of houston due to environmental disposal fees) that disposes the chemicals used for etching.  

On another note, same subject, I heard there was a guy in Houston who purposefully deregarded and avoided proper disposal practices because he didn't want to spend the money for disposal.  He poured it in the ditch.   City caught him amd fined him.  The fine was less than the disposal fees so he laughed and went back right at disposing in the ditch.   City caught again, but this time the city took it serious, jailed the guy for a couple years.  

So @mr.yuck and @Ray40  not knowing your state's environmental laws, some chems are or can be governed under fed laws.  Acid etching from what dhabz can tell its something I would pass on.  

But dhabz, I thought this type of etch requires a low current, right?  

• Like 2

Not the case.  You don't have to use any electrochemical process.  This acid I'm talking about literally breaks the silica bonds in glass.... and that's how it "undoes" the crystal clear finish on a piece of glass.

I highly recommend anyone reading not fuck with etch period.  It's nasty shit that is highly dangerous.  Not to mention that, despite being a graffiti writer wanting to deface property, it's a dick move.  Some day you may want to own a shop that has big glass windows, they're VERY expensive..... and that's why etching is such an asshole thing to do.

I mean, run your own race right?  Do what makes you happy, but I frown upon the use of etch because it's just a real shit head thing.  I get it, we're all graffiti people here so it's going against the grain for me to even say that.  The health risk isn't worth it.

For anyone that hasn't considered this either...... just like @ndvmentioned.... disposal of such chemicals can carry heavy penalties.  Glass windows that you could destroy easily with a little bit of etch cost enough in dollars to make the defacement crime "federal".

That means, it would be extremely easy to get a life ruining felony using etch.  Spray paint, a little harder, you'd have to do some really stupid shit to get a federal charge for doing graffiti.  Etch, super easy to cause enough monetary damage to have someone throw the entire book shelf and kitchen sink at you.

Will make for a super cool story in prison though, telling bubba.... so i was like.... wearing my backpack listening to raps, etching away on the glass window w/ my mop and wouldn't you know it..... these saggy ass "motorcycle" pants and unlaced DC's don't let you run so fast when the cops chase you.  I got caught and here I am, so what did you do bubba?  Oh you killed your whole family and ate their livers with a spoon, sounds great, we're going to make great friends.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...