New Years Resolution 2020 - Best Life Edition

misteraven

Being honest, I spent a lot of this past year (and the year before in fact), thinking hard and working hard to improve my position in life. I’ve seen a lot of progress and hope I’m within eye sight of tipping over a large part of it. Obviously financial stability, if not all out prosperity, facilitated a lot of things in life, but it’s also hugely important to have your mind, spirit and body right. Anyhow, I’ve started a few threads this year to that end, but as we enter the last few days of 2019, I thought a New Years resolution thread seemed obvious. Be interesting to see what efforts you guys have been considering to improve yourselves and / or the quality of your lives. Maybe we can even solidify those efforts by sharing them and keeping each other in check?

Anyhow, my goals are to continue the path I’ve been on with business... Dial things in tighter and push both the screen printing business and brand a big step forward. I’ve already outlined a lot of the specifics, but in general I feel I have most of my foundation in place so now looking to build on it. 

In addition to business, I plan to continue efforts to improve myself. Though I don’t eat too horrible a diet, I’ve definitely strayed from the super clean diet I maintained for a lot of 2018. I’ve also been talking about regular exercise, which somehow keeps getting pushed off. I’ve been invited a couple times to join a local jiujitsu gym and though the time and money are going to be a hurdle, I’m very much hoping to sort that out as soon as I’m able. 

Anyhow, what are you guys thinking about as goals for 2020?

• Like 3

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Lol @ flu shot, I haven't had one of those in like...... ermmmm 30 years probably.  I just don't get sick if it's not self inflicted and since I haven't been drinking I haven't self inflicted any sicknesses upon myself.

Anyway, NY's resolutions....  My goal, on my white board, since my last bday in August is to buy land and move out of this damn duplex.  I'm so tired of city people and I'm ready to get away from all these in a hurry ugly mother fuckers.  Does that sound shitty?  Good go fuck yourself.

I'm saving money for a downpayment (5% + $10k) on some acres so I can ride my dirt bike in my undies if I want.... and have as many redneck junk turbo cars in various stages of projects at a time..... and have a nice sized garden...... and build an observation tower that has an electric cordless drill powered elevator, at the top will be a gazebo for having picnics..... and a marine aquarium room with a floor drain, water lines plumbed to the walls, and tile flooring that also goes up half the wall.  I'm going to have a large work shop where I can put more than one 2 post lift and my whole property will be a place where wild animals can come eat and birds can live in bird houses.

Sounds crazy?  It's ok, it's been my goal for a long time, this year it's on the board..... all the fun stuff will take time, but the part where I save and actually buy a place far away from these city fuckers is well in the works already.

Cheeers!  Everyone stay safe for new years, don't drive unless you have to and don't trust that your dumbass college drop out uber driver will get you where you want to go safely either.... they've been hitting the thc pen the whole time in between rides.

• Like 1
  • Props 3

Shit, so many goals and things I want to accomplish. Id like to quit smoking cigarettes and get back to going to the gym and jiujitsu (time and money are also my limiting factors here). I wanna pass all my damn classes at university and try and save for a vacation in the summer. That and to stay out of relationships and away from women, I need to learn to do life and be happy on my own. shit. I guess my biggest goal is just to be happier this year, 2019 was a shitshow and  I've been depressed for at least two years or so now. Hoping a healthier lifestyle can help my brain...that and get more fr8s 🙂

• Like 3

2 hours ago, simon sandleshit said:

Shit, so many goals and things I want to accomplish. Id like to quit smoking cigarettes and get back to going to the gym and jiujitsu (time and money are also my limiting factors here). I wanna pass all my damn classes at university and try and save for a vacation in the summer. That and to stay out of relationships and away from women, I need to learn to do life and be happy on my own. shit. I guess my biggest goal is just to be happier this year, 2019 was a shitshow and  I've been depressed for at least two years or so now. Hoping a healthier lifestyle can help my brain...that and get more fr8s 🙂

Man, it sounds like you're on a good path there. Staying away from women could do a LOT of people some good..... not because they shouldn't be with women, but because they have issues to work on for themselves that nobody else can fix or make better for you.  I went through the same thing and staying single for a while by choice is what eventually helped me find a good relationship.  No downtime between relationships doesn't allow you to grow as a person IMO.  This does include casual sex with rando's.  It's unfulfilling long term.  Anyway, I didn't intend to get all preachy, more than to tell you bravo for arriving at a conclusion I agree will help you in the long run.

cosigned on good dad.

do more than 7 pieces this year. include a larger amount of freights in that number

actually lose a little bit of weight - get some mojo back....

make some more IRL friends.

and most importantly

reduce the amount of non work screen time I spend each week this shit is no joke.

Edited by Schnitzel
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, Dirty_habiT said:

Man, it sounds like you're on a good path there. Staying away from women could do a LOT of people some good..... not because they shouldn't be with women, but because they have issues to work on for themselves that nobody else can fix or make better for you.  I went through the same thing and staying single for a while by choice is what eventually helped me find a good relationship.  No downtime between relationships doesn't allow you to grow as a person IMO.  This does include casual sex with rando's.  It's unfulfilling long term.  Anyway, I didn't intend to get all preachy, more than to tell you bravo for arriving at a conclusion I agree will help you in the long run.

Thanks habit. It wont be easy but i think it must be done.

• Like 1

Read a lot more

Online a lot less

Use my rower, mountain bikes, and climbing shoes (bikes and shoes didn't get touched once in 2019, I'm ashamed)

Win more lego competitions

Save more money

Maybes: less frozen pizza, get belly or chest tattooed, have a 3way with the wife, complete the 1965 derusto line

• Like 2
  • Props 1

When my child and brothers kids were younger I started a tradition;because I was usually the one at home with the chirren. (I was ok with that) 

each child, or person who was there would write on paper one thing, many things, ANYTHING that they didn’t want to bring into the new year with them (they were old enough to really participate and grasp the idea.) 

for instance-

bad eating habits 

resent 

anger

(maybe an ex?) 

debt 

you get the idea. Then they were allowed to burn it in the outdoor fire thing. (What kid doesn’t wanna do that?) haha 

about 15 yrs later, I still do this.  

• Like 4
  • Props 1

That's a pretty good idea about what you don't want to bring into the New Year. @SMdoubleXL

My list would be:

Bad eating habits - I have the problem where I will not cook if I don't feel like putting the effort in, and I'll just go buy something from somewhere to eat.  I REALLY hate doing this but I also hate cleaning before cooking.  My mom raised me to keep the kitchen fuckin spotless at all times.  She cleans before she sits down to eat so the kitchen is never looking like a college kids dorm.  I straight up won't cook if the kitchen isn't clean when I'm hungry enough to cook and that leads to bad habits.

Bad exercise habits - I need to ride my bike and dirt bike a lot more than I do.  I refuse to run because.... well running sucks and it's slow IMO.  I can exert the same amount of energy on a bicycle and see like 4 times the amount of stuff with my eyeballs than I would exerting the same energy on my heel toe express.

Short temper - I get upset too easily sometimes.  This has smoothed out a whole lot since I've quite smoking reefer.  I'm much more rational about when something "should" make me upset than I was before when I was smoking still.

I'm sure there are more but those three, in order of severity, are the important ones.  I can't really say smoking or drinking because I already stopped doing those things! 

edit: after reading the last post I had to go look up those LEDs.  https://www.luxeonstar.com/luxeon-rebel-leds

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, misteraven said:

Surely you have some aspiration you can share for 2020?

I do, but I find unit bias quite illogical.

image.png.173e4d25f808a886454f249f06cc10e2.png

Every hour, minute, and second begins a new unit of time 365 days long if you think about it.

They're all equally suitable times to start working towards your aspirations. 

• Like 3
  • LOL! 1

2 hours ago, Dirty_habiT said:

Happy New Year!!  I hope everyone is having a safe time.  I had 1x 12oz beer 4 hours before midnight.  I'm a crazy animalllll!!!!  I saw a ton of people driving drunk on the way home and all I could think was stay the fuck away from my truck you dumb sons of bitches.

I had a beer with dinner and was asleep by 11pm.

Shit got wild.

• Props 1

Didnt see this thread.

Heres whats currently in my que.

30 Day Minimalist Challenge 

Basically you challenge someone to see who can make it the longest.

Day 1 - Donate/Throwaway 1 thing

Day 2 - Donate/Throwaway 2 things

Day 3 - Donate/Throwaway 3 things

...so on and so forth until you reach

Day 30 - Donate/Throwaway 30 things

You can stop at day 30 or keep going until one of you breaks.

Me and my wife are doing this one together.

Digital Detox

Tired of mindlessly getting sucked into voids and loosing productive pieces of time while at the same time trying to retrain my brain to be more focused on whats happening now and being more present for it.  if you are on an iphone you can go into settings>battery and it will show you the last 10days and what you've been looking at. I took out the ones that were consuming the most time and returning the least amount. Reddit pictures, Instagram and pokemon go made up 35% of my activity.

Spent some time today trying to organize my folders on my home computer for a bit. desktop is better but still working. 

I need to rework my digital organization workflow, i've got that on the list for tomorrow. 

Getting in Shape

Started this one a bit last year and kinda fell off after my wife broke her leg. going to try to get this one rolling again. I'm far from fat just need to start building some muscle and eating better.

Parenting

Trying to be more involved with my kids by hanging out with them.

Figure out whats next

Kinda tired of doing my current gig so I need to figure out what I'm going to move into next. Going to try fucking around with App development/UI Design.

Keep working on...

Learning Guitar and Skateboarding

Seems like a lot now that I've written it down.

Plotting out a course over the next couple of days with Todoist to help keep me on track.

• Like 2
  • Props 2