SMdoubleXL

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I had never really cooked with habaneros myself before and they are now my favorite. Flavor is amazing. I have been making eggs mixed with potatoes, cheese, avocado and fresh chilies from the garden every morning.

• Like 2
  • Props 1

1 hour ago, LUGR said:

I had never really cooked with habaneros myself before and they are now my favorite. Flavor is amazing. I have been making eggs mixed with potatoes, cheese, avocado and fresh chilies from the garden every morning.

Habs are definitely my favourite pepper to cook with! those breakfasts sound great, toss some spinach in there too! I wanted to do a garden this year but things got in the way (excuses) this up coming year though I plan on the three sisters and some peppers for sure. since the grow tent is empty now I've been thinking of running some micro greens. idk, the hot neighbour lady just put in a pool, Im sure ill be stuck on the window for some time the next few months haha.

• Like 2

Just laid everything down today.  I guess I did do some shit semi-organized but basically these days I grow shit like fucking- I'm just throwing seeds in holes.  3 types of peppers, emptied the envelopes into my hand and threw them all down together in one spot.  2 types of basil, same.  I did some rows, cages, and posts for some stuff.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, nicklesndimes said:

speaking of habeneros...they're off to a late start, but i have planted something called "habenadas", they're basically habeneros minus the capsaicin so you can have that interesting flavor in foods without the heat if it doesn't suit it.

I wonder what either or would be like in some cole slaw. Had some pickle slaw yesterday it was pretty amazing. So now the thought of habs is in the front of my brain.

Also, do any of yous guys use any nutes; other than compost? Assuming quick bearing plants it wouldn't be as applicable.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, nicklesndimes said:

speaking of habeneros...they're off to a late start, but i have planted something called "habenadas", they're basically habeneros minus the capsaicin so you can have that interesting flavor in foods without the heat if it doesn't suit it.

Fuck that, I don't see the point of taking the hot out of a hot pepper.  Same shit has been done with the jalapenos, def not a fan.  

• LOL! 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/29/2023 at 5:29 PM, One Man Banned said:

Fuck that, I don't see the point of taking the hot out of a hot pepper.  Same shit has been done with the jalapenos, def not a fan.  

The jalapeños I am growing right now have had the hot taken out of them. Definitely disappointing they have zero spice.

• Like 1
  • Truth 1

• 4 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, LUGR said:

Are these wild raspberries?

Yes, one type.  These ones are sticky, like all of those in the bowl are sticking to each other.  Juicy too, you have to be careful they don't burst when you pick them.  You know what they say tho, the darker the berry the sweeter the vaj.  Or something like that.

• Like 1
  • Truth 2

13 hours ago, Fist 666 said:

Those look like what we call wine berries here. The too-ripe ones (dark red) ferment on the plant and taste fucking terrible. The bright red ones are fire though.

Yep.  Went and did further ID and that is correct.  They're one of several types of raspberries that grow in the area.  

• Like 1