SMdoubleXL

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, nicklesndimes said:

all the time. scorpions and reapers for months now from the freezer.

habaneros/scotch bonnets in my breakfast burrito, though 

I used to be very into eating as hot as possible. For some reason, I now seem to be allergic to really spicy. It makes me choke and kind of gasp for air momentarily. Really strange and annoying. So, I steered clear of the super hots and maxed out on the habanero. All the super hits were much more expensive for much smaller plants.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, nicklesndimes said:

totally get it. i grow something like thee as well. very mild, but if you use em right they can pack a bite...still have a small bag frozen from last year and plants of these growing in the window.

PepperItalianRoaster.jpg

What are those?

Whats your process of freezing and thawing them for use? Anything special? Or just bag them and freeze? Pull out and thaw?

4 hours ago, nicklesndimes said:

nothing really. i just grow them in potting soil and when the weather breaks rototill and stick in the dirt. get pretty good results that way, too, thankfully.

but there have gotta be some good ways to feed your pepper plants..any takers on this!? who in here also grows peppers!! lol

Do you ever have flowers that fall off? Or leaves turning light green? Seems to be happening to a couple of plants. I think maybe they are getting too much sun…

• Like 1

5 hours ago, nicklesndimes said:

hmmm. could be the temperature, maybe had a cold snap one night and it stunted them?

i know my plants look just like that when it's getting too cold for em

Definitely not too cold, think it’s too hot and they were getting too much sun. I’m going to move them around and see if that helps. Thanks.

• Props 1

2 hours ago, nicklesndimes said:

never seen this before tbh. looks otherwise healthy so i'd just keep an eye on it and keep it healthy amt of watering for sure, and if doesn't bounce back on its own soon try more drastic measures.

what pepper is it?

It’s a hatch. Another type is doing it also. I think it is a nutrient deficiency. Just not sure what nutrient yet. Have not found any bugs on it.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, nicklesndimes said:

never seen this before tbh. looks otherwise healthy so i'd just keep an eye on it and keep it healthy amt of watering for sure, and if doesn't bounce back on its own soon try more drastic measures.

what pepper is it?

Looks like it may be a virus caused by whiteflies….bummer.

https://www.saillog.co/ChilliLeafCurlVirus.html

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chilli_leaf_curl_virus

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pepper_leaf_curl_virus

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...