Where have all the good men/women gone?

Kults

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I tried this shit years ago, bottom of the barrel. I did pretty well but never once came across a girl worth keeping. Either they're just looking to bang, then get clingy, which is fun but a dead end, or they're too uptight. You might find someone good looking, with their shit together career wise but I found those types won't reciprocate any of the "special treatment" they expected for themselves, then can't figure out why they're still single. One time I had a girl show up over an hour late for a date (no emergency) and text me like WTF when she showed up and I wasn't there still, she was actually mad.

• Truth 1

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

You might find someone good looking, with their shit together career wise but I found those types won't reciprocate any of the "special treatment" they expected for themselves, then can't figure out why they're still single. 

Its turned into more than that but putting people like this on blast was the purpose of this thread when i started it

^^ I think that's young people in general these days.  I've seen so many that don't have any sense of responsibility, pride, ownership, manners, couth, dignity, morals, etc, etc, etc, etc.

• You chew with their mouth open?  Yes, this seems like a "little" thing to nitpick, but it just speaks volumes about you in general.
  • You want to dress like a lazy asshole?  I'm going to imagine in my mind that you have ass dreadlocks and tooth decay because you're also a lazy asshole about anything else that "requires effort".  Everyone judges a book by it's cover.  This is what tells a homeless person to ask you for money, they sure as shit don't ask another homeless person for money because they can just look at them and see that they don't have money.  This is the same thing that makes business people cross the street blocks ahead of time because they know the homeless asking for money will be at the same spot they always are, you can see their trash from a block away.
  • You talk with your mouth full of food?  This tells me that you think what you have to say is so important that you cannot wait to say it.  It shows you don't have restraint and you're prone to blurting out thoughts that come to mind without really thinking first.  This tells me that nobody listened to you growing up so you had to "fish" for something that people would respond to by saying everything you thought of.  It also tells me that the people who raised you didn't teach you manners, very likely because they didn't have manners themselves.
  • You don't say please, thank you, may i, you're welcome, etc?  You have no manners and don't understand that these very easy/simple/thoughtful exchanges will take you places in life that you would otherwise not reach.  It's a clear sign to people about what kind of person you are.
  • You're prone to saying stupid shit within earshot of people that will judge you for the stupid shit you say?  You have no filter, you have no situational awareness, and you, again, can't process your thoughts before blurting them out.  Many people that do this rest on "what?  it's the truth," or they're ok with it because other dumbasses will laugh at them and validate what they've done/said.  The "jackass" shows are a perfect example of people like this.  Sure it's good for a chuckle, but at the end I just feel sorry for them.... even if they got filthy rich off of doing it.  Was it "worth it"?

I could go on an on with what I think is wrong with people, I'm not perfect myself..... but I'm fortunate to have been taught certain things at a young age.  Because of this I am an excellent partner to my significant other.  I've struggled in the past many times because I had lowered my standards for someone that I thought had merit in other areas but it always bit me in the ass.  People that don't understand these things by the time they're adults may be too late to save.... many will exclaim that what they do and how they behave "is fine"..... and that's fine with me.  It's not my job to teach people how to be people.  I hope this doesn't rub anyone the wrong way, and if it does, it may be a sign to you that there are some easy areas you could improve upon in life that you may have neglected.  Again, I'm not the pinnacle of what a person should strive to be..... I'm just a dude, but I understand the things I outlined very well.

Brings me back to dumbasses having kids that don't know how to be adults themselves.  How can they POSSIBLY teach their child how to be a good person if they, themselves, are someone who is intellectually bankrupt.  I really feel that my generation (and even that is pushing it) is one of the last generations America will see that enjoy building things and having a sense of pride about what they do.

I'm sure people are going to be saying "wtf dhabz, wow you're an asshole."  I'm fine w/ it because I am getting most of everything I want out of life, and I attribute that to how I carry myself and how I interact with other people.

Thank you for attending my Ted talk.  If you didn't like it, go fuck yourself.

• Like 3
  • Truth 1

Actually she's probably a good girl.... all the criteria she named sounds like she's just looking for a guy that's not a shit head and has his stuff together.  Of course, that's not common.  It's just odd to see the young crowd using dating apps to get what people have always wanted out of their partner.  She's basically saying she wants someone:

who is good with money.

who isn't a dork.

who works hard.

isn't into doing stupid shit.

That's a tall order, but still..... sounds reasonable, but like finding a needle in a haystack in today's society.

• Like 2