Current View

delv

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

55 minutes ago, LUGR said:

making moves in the board room?

Yes. A company wants me to be in charge of design for their website and be in charge of the paid promotions and events.

They are new to the game and asking how much I would charge them. Normally it's a price per hour type gig, but all they want is final products with price tags.

Not sure how to go about that. It's pretty much the first steps towards putting this company online with hyper links and such, web pages, social media, etc., and have me be in charge of that.

Smells money. How much tho ?

• Props 2

2 hours ago, T4M* said:

Yes. A company wants me to be in charge of design for their website and be in charge of the paid promotions and events.

They are new to the game and asking how much I would charge them. Normally it's a price per hour type gig, but all they want is final products with price tags.

Not sure how to go about that. It's pretty much the first steps towards putting this company online with hyper links and such, web pages, social media, etc., and have me be in charge of that.

Smells money. How much tho ?

Someone on here should be able to provide insight on this….

maybe @Joker?

@misteraven?

@Elena Delle Donne?

Sounds like a nice opportunity for you, congrats.

• Props 1

@T4M* - The first thing I would do is decide what your hourly rate is. From there I would think about how long you think this is going to take you. I've no idea how long it takes to build a website as it's not the level of design I do, but I would assume it's a long process with at least a handful of revisions. 

Let's say your hourly rate is $75 (fairly typical design rate unless you're really good and in demand). And let's say you know for sure it'll take you no more than 80 hours of design/development time. I would pad that design time by 10%-20% to cover your ass should the client go sideways with an extra revision, or a last minute ask. 

A few things you can up front is set the number of revisions. In your bid you can say what your fee is to design the website, how many rounds of design changes that fee covers, and what they'll get in the end for that fee. Make a note that anything outside the original agreed upon scope of work will require an adjustment in your fee. Last thing you want is to agree to a fee for the work you'll be doing and then end up doing a bunch of work you didn't agree on because you weren't clear up front. 

If you can lay out a roadmap/calendar that outlines the scope of work you're being asked to do and shows the target dates you'll hit for that work - that will set you up with targets/deadlines and lets them know when they can expect a round 1, round 2, round 3, final design, live launch of their website, etc. 

I typically like to know from the client what it is they're looking for as far as style of design. In your case, I would ask them to share a few websites they like or think fits their brand style which will give you a style of design to chase. 

I don't know much about events & promo costs but I would assume it's fairly expensive. Is this more about a social media presence for the brand? 

And always, always get 50% down to start the work. 

• Like 2
  • Props 3

• 2 weeks later...