2019 Christmas Gifts Ideas

harryjosh

I am already being asked what is on my Christmas list. So what are you thinking about?

My considerations:

1. Full bag fitting - hoping that club champion does their sale again this year to make it more affordable.

2. Custom putter cover - loved the judges cover and would like to do something for myself, just don't know what to do. This could also lead to custom ball markers - we have some members that do a great job with these; but like the cover can't come up with a good design to represent me.

3. Rain gloves - I use these in the summer months when my hands sweat. Wore out my pair this year so I need some new ones. Wish they sold only one glove instead of 2 because the right one never gets used.

4. Short game and full swing lessons. Want to do a swing check and fine tuning and also have someone look at my short game swing since it seems to be a miserable failure.

So let's hear what is on your Christmas/must have/high cool factor list.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Yeah better than dicking up the oem ones that were already getting dicked up since the truck is a 1998.

Also, my brother decided for the family that we are doing Secret Santa this year.  He asked me for my email and me being tin foil sombrero'd like I am asked for what.  He wanted to enter my email into some website that would figure out the secret santa stuff for you and send emails to everyone after extracting your online soul from everything you've touched with that email.

Long story short, he ended up scripting the application himself using AWS services because I told him giving my email to some 3rd party was a no-go for me fam.  Now that I have "my person" I have to buy for, I'm supposed to make an Amazon wish list for around $100 so that whoever got me can see what I want.

This is all fucking ridiculous IMO because, if they're going to buy me something I have on my wish list why wouldn't I just buy my own shit for $100?  I just don't get the point of this, nobody is going to get a "surprise" if it's something they put on their list, the only surprise is going to be who bought it for them.

• Truth 1
  • Props 1

In theory it’s cool as it just streamlines the whole process but I get what you mean. Kinda takes the fun out of it.

You lucked out! New mats give the whole car a crisp feel, especially when they’re gonna get gross during the winter months, at least they look new. Makes a big difference, really nice present. It’s  something you might not have thought to get or just never got around to it. 

• Truth 1

13 hours ago, Dirty_habiT said:

My gf already gave me my present, they were Weather Tech floor mats for my new truck.

That feeling when you get a gift you would buy yourself anyway. 

• Truth 1

@Kults- winter months?  What are those?  That's not a global warming comment either, it's a "I live in Texas" comment.  lol.  It was hot ass t-shirt weather yesterday.

So.... I'm wondering what you guys think about the secret santa situation i mentioned above?  I want more opinions on the subject?  I told my brother that if this is going to become tradition then I'm likely going to sit it out next year and just do what I want to do.  He asked why and I told him it's because I feel like this has gotten away from what Christmas is actually about... spending time with family.  I told him that I would be happy to just have a meal with everyone and that the cost of gifts or receiving things from people is not what it's about.

Why should ANYONE feel bad about not buying something for someone else.  None of us are kids in my family anymore and none of us have children either (that I know of lol).  So, I would think buying gifts is about significant others and for children.  Maybe I'm weird?  I don't expect anyone to get me anything ever.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Dirty_habiT said:

He asked why and I told him it's because I feel like this has gotten away from what Christmas is actually about... spending time with family.  I told him that I would be happy to just have a meal with everyone and that the cost of gifts or receiving things from people is not what it's about.

Why should ANYONE feel bad about not buying something for someone else.  None of us are kids in my family anymore and none of us have children either (that I know of lol).  So, I would think buying gifts is about significant others and for children.  Maybe I'm weird?  I don't expect anyone to get me anything ever.

Im pretty similar in the way that i'll buy gifts for the family. 

I typically just ask everyone not to buy me anything. I rather spend time with them. If I want something I buy it. Im not rolling in money by any means but I just find that it's one less thing to buy. Especially because I dont know everyone's financial situation.

• Like 1