Nuclear explosion detected in South China Sea

Hua Guofang

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Info feed I'm on, guy is tracking it and some tech folk on Twitter are discussing it: 

image.png.e748dfdec9f24da26b78a57400d83a8c.png

image.thumb.png.48df31333530bfdfcd4c1f17c17b115b.png

Given the time that has now passed I'd say that it's possible that there was a problem with a Chinese sub, but there's no openly discussed signs of significant shifts in military behaviour in the region - maybe a nuke test, although I don't know of any in this location previously. USGS don't seem to be discussing it either.

Not really sure what's going on, TBH.

Holy fucking shit, it was a scam by a bunch of right wing nutjobs in the US that sucked in some serious people. Turns out they faked the imagery of the readings, etc. etc.

Some fraud named Hal Turner kicked it off and some bots on Twitter spread it.

What a bunch of fucking idiots (and I don't feel so great for responding to it either). Fucking attention seeking wanna be David Dukes.

Now, back to regular programming.....

• Like 1

Yep, I got it from a guy on twitter who is credible but at this stage he looks like he was too quick trying to be the one 'breaking' it amongst the big names.

Seems the tactic was to convince an influencer and let him be the amplifier among the China watchers and mil folk. Standard tactic in the social media age and I hate that I also swallowed it.

• LOL! 1

@Fist 666- you're exactly right about just owning it.  We live in a society where it is considered "strong" to make mistakes and apologize for them.  I, and I know others, would definitely prefer that mistakes not be made at all, which is impossible..... but I also don't like the culture of "whoops we fucked up, we're aware and we're doing better, " when it is a "regular tactic" to gain following.

Still, better than trying to bury your fuck up though.

• Truth 1

40 minutes ago, abrasivesaint said:

Daaamn. I was just spreading the apparent “fake news” too. 

It's ok, this is exactly why I think it's so important to question all of our sources.  People that publish things and talk on TV are people like you and me.... and they're VERY prone to bias.  Everyone is.  I hope this serves as an indicator that you have to really take everything on the internet/in the media with a grain of salt because there are so many people that like to give things a spin or a twist, a bend, a flex, etc.

• Like 1

Thing that shits me is that I know better than to jump at things the way I did. Reading back through the first two posts, I was still questioning and skeptical but that's not enough because the story has already been spread.

To punish myself I will go to the local burger joint tonight where they serve great beer so I can have a good hard think about my life and beer choices.

Commitment to the cause.

• Like 2
  • Props 1
  • LOL! 1