My phone is reading my mind bruh.

abrasivesaint

I posted this jokingly in another thread, admittedly it did freak me out to a degree. 

A couple months ago while showering this song i hadn’t heard in months popped in my head, and i thought “i should look up that album up when i get out. So i pop open Spotify and BOOM the band and album i was thinking about was the first recommended thing i saw. Fast forward to this morning..

I get home from work and i’m cooking/doing dishes. I think “fuck i wanna listen to some old punk. Maybe i’ll look up Bad Religion’s related artists and go from there.” Mind you, again, i haven’t listened to Bad Religion in i cant tell you how long. I decided not to as Bad Religion’s related artists would most likely just be Fat Wreck/Epitaph bands, so i brush the idea aside. I open my Spotify and... 

CC5F2D6A-7848-46D2-9112-BEE0AD8D60EE.thumb.jpeg.5f889f68fdac328be73c9f115a476dda.jpeg

Not going to lie, this time i’m a little freak out. Instead of just looking at my tinfoil hat on the counter, i’m sort of reaching for it. If it happens again i’m putting the thing on. I know Facebook and other companies have been working on mind reading software for years, maybe they’re actually testing the water.. 

https://www.businessinsider.com/facebook-mind-reading-tech-ctrl-labs-acquisition-backlash-2019-9

Edited by abrasivesaint
  • Like 1

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

this just happened with me chasing some creative  from a media agency for a movie campaign I have commencing on monday

Bu tthat was by email.  I wonder if iphone is reading the keystrokes on my apple bluetooth keyboard. 

Or is is reading it of fmy macbook pro.

answers written backwards on a post card held up to laptop camera please

32 minutes ago, Hua Guofang said:

Depending on what email you're using, yes, the phone or search engines to use your email texts to prompt advertising.

Same-same but different - https://www.accc.gov.au/media-release/google-allegedly-misled-consumers-on-collection-and-use-of-location-data

USING OUTLOOK ON A LAPTOP  GETTING INSTAGRAM AD ON A PHONE

damn capslock not re typing all that...

I be havin  the wierdest adds. Usually about shit I been thinkin or talkin about.

I was tryna find a devil tail for Halloween and looked em up on etsy and the first like 50 results were attached to butt plugs, next thing you know my adds are suggesting I buy USB powered heated vibrators..... 

I hate technology 

Edited by MEzeRKer
  • Like 1

On the flip side i regularly play my collection on shuffle and 2-3 times a month 100% predict the next track to come on as the previous track is ending, i'll get the first few seconds of it in my head and low and behold it starts playing. Just makes me smile. Never works for lotto numbers tho ☹

• LOL! 1

On 11/8/2019 at 11:12 AM, Deine Mudder said:

why though, they're really nice if your butt is a little cold

On 11/8/2019 at 11:15 AM, iloveboxcars said:

I don't get it. Is your preferred vibrator hole cold often? 

Is USB power enough to heat and vibrate a device?

im not too into butt play@(at least play in my butt) iv had a finger in there once and a few ex's tongues....but thanks to etsy, im getting alot of exposure as to what else can go in there.... LOL

23 hours ago, Diesu said:

On the flip side i regularly play my collection on shuffle and 2-3 times a month 100% predict the next track to come on as the previous track is ending, i'll get the first few seconds of it in my head and low and behold it starts playing. Just makes me smile. Never works for lotto numbers tho ☹

On the one hand I've had things like this happen a bunch- change the radio and sense a song before the station comes in.  Or change to a song playing and know exactly where it is in the song.  As for shuffle though, going to guess it's not quite as random as it seems and that your subconscious is one step ahead of your conscious self on that.

Edited by One Man Banned