This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Cool..... i guesssssss.  I am not a fan of electronic motors in cars and anyone that buys this couldn't be further from a car guy.  It's going to be just like the Tesla bois w/ their elitist attitudes and limited range.  I'm gonna keep on driving while you hang out for some coffee at your "supercharging" station lolz.  My truck has over 500mi range in one fuel fill up.

Batteries are heavy, range is limited, parts are not serviceable/replaceable by the average mechanic or even the advanced mechanic..... there are many reasons to not fuck with electric cars.

I'd be much more impressed if they had an F1 style system that used an ICE w/ KERS: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kinetic_energy_recovery_system

• Truth 1

2 hours ago, Dirty_habiT said:

Cool..... i guesssssss.  I am not a fan of electronic motors in cars and anyone that buys this couldn't be further from a car guy.  It's going to be just like the Tesla bois w/ their elitist attitudes and limited range.  I'm gonna keep on driving while you hang out for some coffee at your "supercharging" station lolz.  My truck has over 500mi range in one fuel fill up.

Batteries are heavy, range is limited, parts are not serviceable/replaceable by the average mechanic or even the advanced mechanic..... there are many reasons to not fuck with electric cars.

I'd be much more impressed if they had an F1 style system that used an ICE w/ KERS: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kinetic_energy_recovery_system

Youre spot on. Holy shit that KERS I had no idea

1 hour ago, Deine Mudder said:

there are also reasons not to keep on burning fossil fuels like we're still in the dark age though

:classic-wink:

Naa, we arent there yet. Even if the entire pop of NA all drove Teslas it wouldnt make a dent. Take it up with India/China then we'll talk

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Kults said:

Naa, we arent there yet. Even if the entire pop of NA all drove Teslas it wouldnt make a dent. Take it up with India/China then we'll talk

Agree. But I think we severely neglect alternative energy sources. It's funny how people talk about solar, wind, thermal, etc not being as sufficient as fossil, but no one talks about using them all at once along side with fossil. Reduction, not elimination.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fapitalism said:

Agree. But I think we severely neglect alternative energy sources. It's funny how people talk about solar, wind, thermal, etc not being as sufficient as fossil, but no one talks about using them all at once along side with fossil. Reduction, not elimination.

Ya Im all for that. I just dont think they're efficient enough to compete on a perfomance level yet? For short bursts sure, as @Dirty_habiT was saying though you do a few laps and the battery is dead.. its not the greatest experience. I could be wrong though, what do I know

• Like 1

Just now, Mercer said:

I can't wrap my mind around having strong negative emotions over another man's vehicle. Makes no sense to me.

Teslas are superior in almost every way unless you're commuting super long distances regularly, or live in an extreme cold environment.

*and like your car looking like a plastic hot wheel toy

Also, that last part is a real drag on em up here in the barrens 

8 minutes ago, Kults said:

*and like your car looking like a plastic hot wheel toy

Also, that last part is a real drag on em up here in the barrens 

Truth be told my next vehicle will hopefully be a used duramx x allison for that very reason, but I still have wet dreams of skipping the pump.

They blast commercials volume all the way up now at the pump makes me want to stab speakers every time.

• Like 1
  • Props 1

Just now, Mercer said:

Truth be told my next vehicle will hopefully be a used duramx x allison for that very reason, but I still have wet dreams of skipping the pump.

They blast commercials volume all the way up now at the pump makes me want to stab speakers every time.

Oh fr? None of that here, they let us fill up in peace

I think they look like shit, they've been pushed on people by a guy selling things (I guess like anything else).  Good car brands sell themselves and don't need any hype.  If your goal is to drive a car from point a to point b then I agree that Tesla is probably good, but I don't want to hear about how they're "bad ass".

They're bad ass at doing what electric motors have always done, their range sucks and cannot be improved with current battery tech.  I don't want a tesla owner "hyper miling" their "performance car" in the left lane because they're "saving the earth".

They're coal cars until they're charged off a renewable grid.  They are not serviceable by you or anyone else.  I can fix everything that is wrong with any of my ICE vehicles, including entire drivetrain replacements..... for cheap.  An example is I recently bought an entire 2JZ GE motor from a wrecked IS300 in the junk yard for $323.... for the entire long block with all accessories attached.

Tesla's will burn to the ground in about ..... no time flat.... if you puncture that battery casing.  The batteries are incredibly heavy for how much energy they can store.  Batteries also wear out and will require replacement.  Certain cells degrading internally will weaken the total power of the battery as the controller intelligently disables that cell completely.

The autopilot system is written by freshman computer programmers.  It's gotten people killed, and more people will die as a result of this before everything's said and done.  The only way automated driving will ever be safe is if you completely remove all human drivers from the road AND you have a perfectly programmed/architected system.

I can beat this to death, and have with people at work before.  We should probably split this topic and make this a post in the Technology section.  I'd be happy to debate it more there.

Disclaimer: I have no problem with people using Tesla's but I won't swallow that they're "superior".

• Like 1

Just now, Kults said:

I think that looks awful 😕

Like what a second year design student would make in CAD 

Thousands of Americans dropping 50k+ on them pre orders, waiting years for them would beg to differ. 

Besides, looks don't really mean shit if your vehicle is superior in every way that actually counts.

• Like 1
  • Truth 1

I didn’t get the Tesla hype until I rode in one. makes sense now. Fastest thing I’ve ever ridden in. 

I forget what the mode is called but the one where you can summon the car to come to you instead of walking to it is pretty sweet. Wait on the curb outside the store and wait for your car to autopilot it’s way out of the parking garage and pick you up? Fuck yeah!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mercer said:

Thousands of Americans dropping 50k+ on them pre orders, waiting years for them would beg to differ. 

Besides, looks don't really mean shit if your vehicle is superior in every way that actually counts.

Ya taste is subjective for sure. I think many of those people you mentioned get a kick out of feeling tech forward and virtue signal how progressive they are with their car choice. Take the electric component out and you really think all these ppl would still pick that car based on its looks?

Having a hard time believing its superior in any way, for reasons @Dirty_habiTjust put up. Im still learning about it all though so my opinion is not set in stone  but so far im not impressed.

1 minute ago, KILZ FILLZ said:

I didn’t get the Tesla hype until I rode in one. makes sense now. Fastest thing I’ve ever ridden in. 

I forget what the mode is called but the one where you can summon the car to come to you instead of walking to it is pretty sweet. Wait on the curb outside the store and wait for your car to autopilot it’s way out of the parking garage and pick you up? Fuck yeah!

*While it hits 3 pedestrians on its way to you

3 minutes ago, Dirty_habiT said:

I think they look like shit, they've been pushed on people by a guy selling things (I guess like anything else).  Good car brands sell themselves and don't need any hype.  If your goal is to drive a car from point a to point b then I agree that Tesla is probably good, but I don't want to hear about how they're "bad ass".

They're bad ass at doing what electric motors have always done, their range sucks and cannot be improved with current battery tech.  I don't want a tesla owner "hyper miling" their "performance car" in the left lane because they're "saving the earth".

They're coal cars until they're charged off a renewable grid.  They are not serviceable by you or anyone else.  I can fix everything that is wrong with any of my ICE vehicles, including entire drivetrain replacements..... for cheap.  An example is I recently bought an entire 2JZ GE motor from a wrecked IS300 in the junk yard for $323.... for the entire long block with all accessories attached.

Tesla's will burn to the ground in about ..... no time flat.... if you puncture that battery casing.  The batteries are incredibly heavy for how much energy they can store.  Batteries also wear out and will require replacement.  Certain cells degrading internally will weaken the total power of the battery as the controller intelligently disables that cell completely.

The autopilot system is written by freshman computer programmers.  It's gotten people killed, and more people will die as a result of this before everything's said and done.  The only way automated driving will ever be safe is if you completely remove all human drivers from the road AND you have a perfectly programmed/architected system.

I can beat this to death, and have with people at work before.  We should probably split this topic and make this a post in the Technology section.  I'd be happy to debate it more there.

Disclaimer: I have no problem with people using Tesla's but I won't swallow that they're "superior".

Well, I guess if you don't count beating every other production vehicle in a 1/4 mile and being the most American made vehicle availiable.

Besides, let's be honest, nobody buying  a new car really gives 2 fucks about the environment, it's all about virtue signaling. In this regard few get that job done better.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Dirty_habiT said:

Good car brands sell themselves and don't need any hype.

Dude. Elon Musk created Tesla (among a ton of other things) with money out his own pocket, and is developing and pushing electric vehicles before a market for them even exists.
Of course it's necessary to advertise the product, it's like a David vs. Goliath scenario, what's not to get about this?

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, KILZ FILLZ said:

One of my neighbors has an electric motorcycle. Seems like that field may be the way to go. 

The ones that are good off road seem like they'd be the most tactical for police evasion considering they're silent, and have less of a heat signature for a helicopters FLIR camera.

Kinda bummed Alta is no more

Edited by Mercer
  • Props 1