Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
KILZ FILLZ

Work Wear

Duluth Trading Co - Anyone fuck w these guys? thinking of getting some of their work pants but have seen mixed reviews online. 

Seems like Carhartt quality has been on the decline. Dickies make me feel like a cholo. 

• LOL! 1

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I had pair of Duluth pants that I hoped would break in and fit better, but they didn't last long enough to break in. 

Seen it advertised and came up on some hunts I did last year when I was looking for pants that looked half decent she didn’t blow out with all the manual labor shit I’m always having to do out here. Settled on some other stuff from the locals sports store that looked okay and was on sale called Kuhl. Stupid name, but been pounding the shot out of it and it’s fairly rugged. Also comfortable so east to sit all day at the computer in then or wearing to go pound fence posts and string up wire. They look pretty low key and fit well, so was a worthwhile purchase that I’d make again. Especially if I can find them on super sale again.  

I was stoked on kuhl for a couple years,  but I blew the crotch out in the exact place on like 4 pairs in a row. At $70,  I want more than 6 months out of my pants. 

That said, they are comfy as fuck while they last.

I tried a pair of Duluth "Firehose" bibs, they are stretchy and I have mixed feelings about that, I think it is for fat people but I bought them cause I was getting too fat. I will not buy another pair but am reasonably happy with the socks and underwear I got while at the store. They are always running specials so 25 percent off is easy and they run a replacement type warranty-I know a guy who abuses it and keeps getting new pants. Whatever, I would prefer something that lasts and or is worth repairing.

I go pretty deep on workwear but do not have the enthusiasm at the moment to really get into it.

Here are some places I shop, patagonia also has a new workwear line with some pants I am trying to talk myself into.

https://www.baileysonline.com/

https://www.seamar.com/products/

https://www.filson.com/

https://arborwear.com/

I can't imagine the flack you would catch on a construction site for wearing patagucci pants. Dude's I work with who have nice haircuts catch enough bullshit from the hillbillies. Go forth and report back once you've talked yourself into them, @morton

• LOL! 2

Welp that sucks to hear about Duluth but confirms the other reviews I was reading. @Fist 666
@morton

im familiar with Kuhl from climbing. Their pants can withstand rubbing against rock. I’ve never owned any are they very stiff? If you like them another brand you might like is Bulletprufe @misteraven

• Like 1

Does anybody have any recomendations for durable denim? Should hopefully withstand rubbing ladders and concrete for longer than a week before blowing to pieces. 

18 hours ago, mr.yuck said:

Does anybody have any recomendations for durable denim? Should hopefully withstand rubbing ladders and concrete for longer than a week before blowing to pieces. 

I've got a pair of levis that are like 4x the weight of the rest of my levis, I don't remember where I got them, but their tag is the same as all my other 505s even though they are clearly different. If anybody knows the difference I would recommend them--I've abused the fuck out of them and I've had them for probably 10 years of casual wear.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Fist 666 said:

I've got a pair of levis that are like 4x the weight of the rest of my levis, I don't remember where I got them, but their tag is the same as all my other 505s even though they are clearly different. If anybody knows the difference I would recommend them--I've abused the fuck out of them and I've had them for probably 10 years of casual wear.

I have some Japanese denim like that. First year I wore them I literally would rub off skin off my legs until they bled. Now they just rub off the hair and leave bald spots on my legs.

• Truth 1

@misteravenexactly--especially in my thunder thighs. Really only in the last two years have they become fully comfortable. Definitely been through hundreds (not exaggerated) of wash cycles to get there, though. 

• LOL! 1

@Fist 666I need to know as well. Its like all levis are made out of 50% denim and 50% spandex. What the fuck kinda men need that much stretch denim?

@misteravenim missing the late 90s hard denim. I could put those levis through solid years of battery and the worst that happened was the cuffs got frayed up.