Cool Vans - Conversions, Sprinters, Overlanding and nomad life on 4 wheels

KILZ FILLZ

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
7 hours ago, LUGR said:

I don’t think I have seen any of those on the roads in the US. What are they?

Not completely sure which type you're referring to, but if it's the small(er) Mercedes ones they're T2's (aka "Düdo's", as they have been built in Düsseldorf predominantly) - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mercedes-Benz_T2

They're basically the car-equivalent of a work-horse, have been used as trucks in various forms, as ambulances, firetrucks, utility vehicles..

..and of course as police vans

AKG7314800_Low_res.jpg

(image from here)

Basically there are just a lot of them out there so you can get them (used, of course) for cheap.

They are popular because the engines are reliable even with a lot of miles on them, and you have a lot of option / can customise them very easily.

They come in a lot of different shapes, sizes an flavours..

Screenshot 2020-09-02 at 14.16.22.png

• Props 2

• 4 weeks later...

@NightmareOnElmStreet- The place where we go ride our dirt bikes sometimes..... allows all "off road" vehicles.  So that includes all the Toyota truck crews, the jeep boiz, and the fat people in their side by sides/4 wheelers.  I tell you what .... when the jeep guys are out there "bein bad ass.... doin' what jeeps and jeep owners do..." they're going like 2mph, slow af over "easy" terrain.  All wearing orange/green/blue tinted oakleys and fishing shirts.  It's like they shopped the LL Bean catalog and then bought a Jeep for the fam.

99% of the time the thing is a pavement princess and I bet a good deal of them NEVER do anything considered "off road".  I need to drink some caffeine so I stop being salty this morning.  That's my rating on Jeeps.

Get you a diesel something or other w/ 4wd if you want to do some real boggin.  Jeeps are a "status symbol" .... and I question how cool of a status it is that they're a symbol of. Lol.  To each their own, sorry if anyone owns a jeep.  ❤️

• LOL! 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...