Cool Vans - Conversions, Sprinters, Overlanding and nomad life on 4 wheels

KILZ FILLZ

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Waiting to see if another van I enquired about gets sold today by someone who apparently got in line before Me.

Rather than be a fool who offers more money than advertised to make an offer that can’t be refused such that I overpay, I will just be patient and wait it out until the right ride appears. The good thing is I get to look at more examples of things I can get ideas from as I’m contemplating getting an empty van and build from scratch as opposed to buying one that I could run away in immediately.

That would make any potential thread better I may start I figure, but figured it was worth providing an update into what has been happening with My planned ideas.

It's fucking stupid. 

It's gonna get hung up on a semi regular basis.

It's like those dudes that buy the 6x6 trucks and don't load the beds and they get angry when they can't get up a shallow grade paved road. 

Silly look at me shit.

• Like 1

Ok, so I went to pickup the van I was buying today after My work shift finished 3.5 hours later than scheduled, and due to having zero trust in people I met today for the first or second time ever, I was reluctant to call the bank and divulge my personal information in public so that I could pre-arrange the cash to purchase the van.

So I got to the bank just as they closed, after 1.5 hours bus and train ride to get from work to the location where the guy was meeting me, and I could only get a max cash out amount from the tellers and ATM that was $2.5k short of the agreed price. I offered to transfer the guy the remainder via internet banking on the spot, but as he has been burned before He was ok to wait for Me to arrange it all, so I put back the cash into an atm tonight to save me stressing about carrying it around on My person, as after I lost so much cash before in Barcelona I hate carrying it around with Me as I would have to leave it in the unlocked work ute tomorrow or uncomfortably keep it on my person.

The seller was cool, I completely respect his stance, and this is just another test of my patience as while I knew the rules from my Banker days, I also know how the system is actually fucked due to the fact that I can’t even spend My own money when I want to, all as a result of people scamming other people which fucks it up for everyone. This fact was confirmed to Me by the teller which served Me, and only serves to paint a negative light on those responsible for corrupting that which should be good.

• Like 2

So I  collected my van on Wednesday, and after driving it back to the city, I stupidly didn't realize that I can remove the key from the ignition when the car is still in accessories mode, so I woke up to a flat battery yesterday as I went to drive to work.

I called the RAC, and joined up, got a guy to come out asap and give Me as boost as I was parked in the CBD and would get a ticket or towed if I left for work on public transport so I lost another 2 hours pay in addition to the day I took off to get the van, on top of the $400 for a new battery and the RAC call out.

Anyway, here is a pic of the interior, and I need to get some tires and figure out what to do about the rust on the roof in future before It becomes a problem. It has everything I need, tv,fridge, bed, bluetooth stereo, insulated walls, couch/bed, circulation fan to stop condensation and a few things I want to add (a dump bucket as a priority) or change (perhaps clothes draws under the bed?), but I will keep you informed of what is up.

When I get to My Mums tomorrow to collect My pillows and blankets I will be set to do whatever.

346055849_6045248875552721_9146897360302

• Like 1
  • Props 3

3 hours ago, Deine Mudder said:

Ha, thinking about how van people typically cram a myriad of things in their vehicles this is sort-of refreshing, to just have a fucking couch and a big ass tv :classic-smile:

It is only day 1, still plenty of time for the cram.

By this time next week, at least 7 Hawaiian pizza boxes will be in there.

• LOL! 1

On 8/3/2023 at 4:15 PM, Mauler5150 said:

So I  collected my van on Wednesday, and after driving it back to the city, I stupidly didn't realize that I can remove the key from the ignition when the car is still in accessories mode, so I woke up to a flat battery yesterday as I went to drive to work.

I called the RAC, and joined up, got a guy to come out asap and give Me as boost as I was parked in the CBD and would get a ticket or towed if I left for work on public transport so I lost another 2 hours pay in addition to the day I took off to get the van, on top of the $400 for a new battery and the RAC call out.

Anyway, here is a pic of the interior, and I need to get some tires and figure out what to do about the rust on the roof in future before It becomes a problem. It has everything I need, tv,fridge, bed, bluetooth stereo, insulated walls, couch/bed, circulation fan to stop condensation and a few things I want to add (a dump bucket as a priority) or change (perhaps clothes draws under the bed?), but I will keep you informed of what is up.

When I get to My Mums tomorrow to collect My pillows and blankets I will be set to do whatever.

346055849_6045248875552721_9146897360302

Yo, give us an update on van life? Is it as amazing as I was always told by SNL?

1EB62C60-CE84-44F3-82B3-1E06D35A84FC.gif

• LOL! 1

6 hours ago, Ko SprueOne said:

Dig the wall paper

It is like some lino with insulation behind it.

The reason for no updates since acquiring it is I have been going thru the motions of getting it setup to travel, but buying a used car which I was only told it’s history verbally (ie. without receipts) has left a few gremlins which have fed fears of mine, so I booked another week at the backpackers (a big expense in respect of My financial position) to sort them out and turn them to MOgWAi.

I went and grabbed My blanket from My Mum’s yesterday and a huge bag of My clothes, got My surf equipment and it fills up quick. I’ll try post some images of it as I’ve gone about the process, but it might be easier to post Youtube links.

I stupidly forgot My pillows though as the covers were getting washed by My Mum and I left them in the Sun out front of her place.

Anyway I am going to edit a video today which I am making for you guys. I might start a thread and leave this one to be more of what it was initially (inspirational).

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Mauler5150 said:

It is like some lino with insulation behind it.

The reason for no updates since acquiring it is I have been going thru the motions of getting it setup to travel, but buying a used car which I was only told it’s history verbally (ie. without receipts) has left a few gremlins which have fed fears of mine, so I booked another week at the backpackers (a big expense in respect of My financial position) to sort them out and turn them to MOgWAi.

I went and grabbed My blanket from My Mum’s yesterday and a huge bag of My clothes, got My surf equipment and it fills up quick. I’ll try post some images of it as I’ve gone about the process, but it might be easier to post Youtube links.

I stupidly forgot My pillows though as the covers were getting washed by My Mum and I left them in the Sun out front of her place.

Anyway I am going to edit a video today which I am making for you guys. I might start a thread and leave this one to be more of what it was initially (inspirational).

Yeah dude, start a thread!

What’s the backpackers like? Typical hostel setup with shared rooms/bunk beds?

Can we get an exterior shot of the van?