Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
KILZ FILLZ

Cool Vans - Conversions, Sprinters, Overlanding and nomad life on 4 wheels

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

That car @misteravenposted on the last page reminded me of this:

porsche-safari-rs.jpg

I got to talk to the owner of this car at Circuit of the Americas.  He said they use it for f'ing around and it does go out into the bush for hunting.  The platform on top is tied into the roll cage bars, there are holes going through the roof of the car so this can happen.  He said they put deer on top of it, and it carries a spare.  I know, guys this isn't a van, but damn it's cool.

https://www.kellymoss.com/projects/safari/

• Like 1

Was off grid when this thread started, saw some fitting shit I wish I had taken pix of.  Every time I go I see at least one of these expedition type vehicles, seems a bit oversized.

image.thumb.png.58add00b1967f1ff7988cabda2164083.png

Recently saw some A-Team and Mystery Machine paint jobs.

As a kid vans always seemed cool because of shit like the A-Team.  In high school I had associates whose folks were bikers and they would take their dad's van out on weekend nights and we would cruise through the city and cause trouble, oblivious to how suspicious we appeared.  Much as I remember it had a bench seat down one side and there was like a living room chair or something in there.  There was always a mini bat under the bench with some crimson stains on it lol.

• LOL! 1

^^That thing is cool..... but I just feel like you're not going to get it into any "super cool" place anyway.  It's too big to be maneuvered through tight spots.  Although, for being an RV that can go off road, I bet it's awesome.  I just don't see it going to any super remote areas.  Of course, that might be why they have a dirt bike on there.  🙂

Did you guys ever hear about the wild Cherry Van? Check out the article linked below.

It was "abandoned" by a couple and "found" by someone who became infatuated by the van and he ended up locating it and trailering it back home to restore it.

spacer.png

https://www.hagerty.com/articles-videos/articles/2018/09/28/wild-cherry-chevy-van-from-van-nuys-blvd

• Like 1
  • Props 1

^^Wow, not even  through the first paragraph.... felony charges.  😐  I mean.... sometimes another mans  trash is ACTUALLY HIS trash.  Lol.

I just happened to be following this dude on IG before he happened to find the van. It was pretty crazy watchin that unfold and how everything turned out. He ended up keepin the van in the end. 

Either way here's a photo of a sweet subaru van I saw while visiting montana. Almost 2 years ago.

A5695F4E-9E5E-41C5-A3C1-83B9087561EB.JPG

• Like 1
  • Props 1

On 10/30/2019 at 8:50 PM, NightmareOnElmStreet said:

How tf did I miss this!?

Do you think if it was in ch0 more would see it?

• Truth 1

I'll get some pictures of some of the modded VW Vanogans that I always see at Pikes Peak next June when I go.  I'm also going to the Mt. Washington hillclimb in New Hampshire in July..... I'm sure there will be some cool conversion vans there too.

At the 2019 Pike's Peak I saw a Vanogan that had a modern 1.8T conversion in it.  Had a radiator fan mounted on the rear mount intercooler and everything.

• Truth 1