The NEW Old Paint Thread

Fist 666

• 4 weeks later...
This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • 1 month later...

Yo ppl.

I've been reminiscing about Krylon colors from mid 2000's. I just want to remember all the color names!! If anyone has pics though please share.

So far..I remember (and they still use most of these names) Ballet Slipper, Bahama Sea, Tuscan Sunset, Satin Jade, Bright Idea, Oxford Blue, True Blue, Pumpkin Orange, Emerald Green, Banner Red, Mimosa, Pimento, Periwinkle, Saddle Tan, Leather Brown, Tidepool, UF/SF Black, Camoflouge colors...the Outdoor Spaces line...then like 2006/7 Peakaboo Blue, Bright Sky Blue (or something) Gum Drop, Ivy Leaf, Totally Tangerine.....

what are more color names from this era??? 

wase daddy

• 1 month later...
On 4/3/2020 at 9:39 PM, CraigAteTheApple said:

Yo ppl.

I've been reminiscing about Krylon colors from mid 2000's. I just want to remember all the color names!! If anyone has pics though please share.

So far..I remember (and they still use most of these names) Ballet Slipper, Bahama Sea, Tuscan Sunset, Satin Jade, Bright Idea, Oxford Blue, True Blue, Pumpkin Orange, Emerald Green, Banner Red, Mimosa, Pimento, Periwinkle, Saddle Tan, Leather Brown, Tidepool, UF/SF Black, Camoflouge colors...the Outdoor Spaces line...then like 2006/7 Peakaboo Blue, Bright Sky Blue (or something) Gum Drop, Ivy Leaf, Totally Tangerine.....

what are more color names from this era??? 

wase daddy

ill find u a chart

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Fist 666 said:

That homecote and fuller copper kettle are nice finds. If you are interested in selling or trading let me know, @650toy

There should be dates on rustoleum cans, those aren't as old as you think. 

Down to sell em fsho, hit my dm. these rusto cans had no dates but one i had said '82 and another said '79, and it had the same size plastic cap that rusto currently has (except with the screwdriver opening rather than squeezing it) so i was just assuming these were older. but def might be 90s or whatev.

Nothing too vintage but all neat looking. I really love discovering all these unique paint brands.

Has anybody come across the new ultra flat blacks from Krylon? I don't know if they are available at all hardware stores, but I go this mom and pop paint store that carries a bunch of spraypaint, Old and new. I used to get my UFB's there that looks like the five-ball in a frame style cans, but recently they got rid off all the old style krylon cans and started carrying the Krylon Industrial Acryli-Quick spray paint. Same name, same classic valve and same perfume smell. I picked up a few of the ultra flat black and some gloss white. Let me get my camera going in the daytime and I'll post some pics to get your opinions.

DSC_0092.jpg

DSC_0094.jpg

DSC_0097.jpg

DSC_0099.jpg

DSC_0101.jpg

DSC_0104.jpg

DSC_0105.jpg

DSC_0107.jpg

DSC_0109.jpg

DSC_0110.jpg

DSC_0111.jpg

• Like 2