Keanu Reeves - The last true action hero

misteraven

Not for nothing, but dude has come a long way from Bill and Ted’s Excellent Adventure (A pretty fun movie in itself). The Matrix broke new ground in both story telling, action and special effects, but the John Wick series... Freakin hell if it’s not consistently setting new standards in action movies with each release. John Wick 3, is a masterpiece in non-stop action and intense fight scene choreography. Some actors are good, but Keanu Reeves is taking it to entirely new levels. Besides putting in the work, dude clearly has a talent for this and looking at the behind the scenes and seeing him get thousands of hours of 3 Gun training from the likes of Taran Butler, it’s literally the perfect storm of all things action here. What I truly appreciate, besides the thoroughly entertaining movies themselves, is both the talent, dedication and discipline to the foundational skills that make up the character. Dude isn’t just acting, he’s really fucking good at this in real life. 

Anyhow, it blew me away to see the real life Keanu Reeves running guns and training. Thought you guys might appreciate seeing it yourselves. 

• Like 3

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Not into John Wick, too comic book-ey for my tastes. I do like Keanu though. Point break bitches 🤙🏻

They film a lot

of them here. Cheaper than shooting in nyc. Saw my street corner in the intro to the second one.. Downtown NY my ass lol 

• Truth 1

The most NY thing in John Wick are these fight scenes in Grand Central and the commuters just keep going about their business. They don't give a fuck guns are constantly popping in their lives and they don't play into that drama, plus they're probably late for for the train or something so keep it moving. 

• LOL! 1

@Kultsdamn I posted that above and looks like YouTube pulled it!

Did you watch that Between Two Ferns movie? First I'd heard of it. Did Zach G really start that out on ca el access before getting big? 

I guess there's an old lady who he met at a laundrymat when he was a nobody hr takes to all his red carpet events. Helped him out when he was a starving artist n at

• Like 1

Just now, KILZ FILLZ said:

@Kultsdamn I posted that above and looks like YouTube pulled it!

Did you watch that Between Two Ferns movie? First I'd heard of it. Did Zach G really start that out on ca el access before getting big? 

I guess there's an old lady who he met at a laundrymat when he was a nobody hr takes to all his red carpet events. Helped him out when he was a starving artist n at

I haven't watched it. I think the 5 min format is perfect, I cant imagine watching an hour and a half of that shtick. Ya I think he did, took him awhile to break through.

I threw it on intending to have i  play in the background. Ended up sucking me in. Even watched the after credit scenes. Literally LOLd at some of the lines. Amazing some of the interviewees held it together as best they did. Less annoying Ali G/Borat format. 

• Like 1