12ozProphet Professions - Education, Experience, Skillzzzzzz.

misteraven

Couldn’t really find another thread to dig up for this but I also didn’t try that hard either. 
Does anyone have app recommendations on how to organize their lives (professional wise)....reminders, google calendar, etc, etc.....

I have insane ADd and it’s always been a struggle. After starting my own shit it’s gotten worse but I’m still somehow managing. The problem is notifications. All the shit I’ve tried this far only notifies you a single time. Nothing seems to go off like a actual alarm you have to manually stop. If you have a iPhone you can set shut up to be persistent and I’m not sure if my phone is junk or I’m just doing it wrong but there never seems to be anything persistent about it lol.

• Like 1

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

@NightmareOnElmStreetthe struggle is real. I have the same problem especially with google calendar shooting off its alarms sometimes 2 or 3 hours late for reminders. Its 100% the gayest shit ever invented. I have gone to a mix of 2 technologies. I have a physical planner that if the day has a lot of shit going on everything gets written out. Then I open my alarm on my phone and I set a new alarm for everything going on in my book. I set all of my alarms to vibrate so that it jiggles my nuts or vibrates my butthole. I found that sound gets muffled if you are bent over or something while your shit is going off.

Also the physical act of writing things down helps them stick in my brain better than typing it into a phone list.

Keep at it consistently and make it a habbit to use your book every day even if the entry is "took the day off to drink beers"

• Like 1
  • Props 2

20 hours ago, NightmareOnElmStreet said:

Definitely going to try a more detailed version of my own concoction. Google Calendar just seems to do whatever it wants now. Just spent the last 45 minutes googling mens wallet pocket sized calendars lolol. Its surprises me there aren't more options. 

I carry a day planner with me everyday all day at work. Once I started using one to write notes and keep track of everything it made my working life so much easier. 

moleskin makes some but they are the Gucci shit

https://us.moleskine.com/planners/daily-planners/0101-2

Amazon has cheaper alternatives but I’m not liking the quality. 

58 minutes ago, KILZ FILLZ said:

Amazon has cheaper alternatives but I’m not liking the quality. 

This.  Right here.... is why I've mostly stopped ordering stuff off of Amazon.  They seem to have a million choices of copycat products that aren't very great at what they're trying to copy.  Low quality and "average" price has made me decide against many purchases I could have made from them recently.

I think Jeff dipped because some stupid shit is going to happen w/ Amazon.

• Like 1
  • Truth 1

57 minutes ago, Dirty_habiT said:

This.  Right here.... is why I've mostly stopped ordering stuff off of Amazon.  They seem to have a million choices of copycat products that aren't very great at what they're trying to copy.  Low quality and "average" price has made me decide against many purchases I could have made from them recently.

I also quit fucking with amazon and canceled my prime recently. They sell booboo trash anymore.

• Like 1
  • Truth 1
  • Props 1

2 hours ago, Dirty_habiT said:

years before i learned about their exploitative labor practices and IP theft etc etc i stopped shopping with them for this reason. they don't give a shit what they list on that website. if you don't like your cheap trash, return and they'll send you new trash and stuff that broken thing in a landfill. it's bottom of the barrel. 

• Like 1

I went thru a full 8x11 moleskin and it was great. Once I needed a replacement I rolled with one on Amazon that’s similar to the moleskin. The binding is no where near as solid as the real deal. Cover, paper, and features are all pretty much on par. I already see that binding failing on me though....

still... vastly superior to clipboard / contractors clipboard or any other system I’ve tried. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, mr.yuck said:

I also quit fucking with amazon and canceled my prime recently. They sell booboo trash anymore.

Yeah if they were selling weed they'd have a full, easily-accessible supply of $5/ea blunts that were a little sprinkle of weed in there w/ the seeds/stems and maybe some tobacco that wasn't cleaned properly from the paper prior to rolling it up.  Then you have goobers sitting on the couch like al bundy ordering this shit to their front door because they don't want to drive or search the internet for more than 5 minutes to find what they want.

Amazon has facilitated a new kind of laziness in humans.

• Truth 1

On 2/18/2021 at 11:24 AM, mr.yuck said:

@Dirty_habiTi feel like this change happened fairly recently with amazon too. Like maybe within the past year or two. 

I agree. Could probably look through your purchase history and see when you first started buying anything off brand because it seemed "good enough and the price is right" to get an idea of when these products first started becoming prevalent. 

@Dirty_habiTWe stopped buying chinese shit from the internet about 10 or 11 years ago. We did all of our xmas shopping on eBay. That was one of the most hilarious fuck ups ever. Everything was some weird bobo handmade to look like the picture garbage. My wife got a pair of one size fits all leggings. Turns out they were one size fits all chinese children lol.

Edited by mr.yuck
  • LOL! 3

• 3 years later...

Thought this was a really great thread concept back when I made it, as well now several years later. Most of you guys know what I do, but what do YOU guys do for a living. Sort of blends into other threads like the BUYING HOUSES (mortgage) thread and the HELP WANTED thread I just bumped. 

Maybe people on here can help out other people by sharing advice, opportunities and anything else that might help your fellow Oontzer or yourself.