Climate Change Hoax or Nah?

Kults

https://www.dailyinterlake.com/letters_to_the_editor/20200106/climate_alarmists_have_abandoned_scientific_method

The answer, easily calculated, shows all human carbon emissions from 1750 through 2019 have added only1 percent to the carbon in the carbon cycle. Meanwhile, nature has added 3 percent, likely due to natural warming since the Little Ice Age. Human emissions have increased atmospheric CO2 by 31 ppm while nature has increased it by 100 ppm. Since we can’t control nature, all climate treaties are worthless.

If human emissions stopped in 2020, then by 2100 only 8 ppm of human CO2 would remain in the atmosphere. There is no “climate emergency.” We will not be “boiled frogs.”

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Camille Paglia on Greta Thunberg

NM: How do you interpret the Greta Thunberg phenomenon, or, to put it another way, what is Greta Thunberg's sexual persona?

Camille Paglia: This strange mummy that is Greta Thunberg is, as a sexual persona, a mad virgin similar to the Miss Havisham of Dickens' Great Hopes: abandoned in church by her fiancé, Miss Havisham continues to wear her wedding dress in tatters , living with the remains of his rotten mounted piece in a decrepit mansion with stopped clocks. Thunberg also reminds me of these demonic dolls which appear in three episodes of The Twilight Zone, the series by Rod Serling: they are programmed by ventriloquists (Thunberg's parents), but very quickly they attack their owners and attack the 'human race. Greta Thunberg is the peddler of an apocalyptic propaganda from which she has been nourished by others and whom she is unable to support with facts. I have long been skeptical of climate change since it has in fact been a universal feature in the history of our planet since its formation. I am, however, a fervent environmentalist: we have a moral obligation to preserve and protect our natural resources, as well as to purify the air and waterways from industrial pollution. However, I reject these apocalyptic prophecies and current hysteria. The manipulative adults who, because of their own political interests, sought to panic the whole young generation, deserve to be condemned and expelled from civilized society.

https://www.nouveau-magazine-litteraire.com/amazone-dinconfort

• Props 1

On 1/21/2020 at 9:48 AM, iloveboxcars said:

This news section obviously needs to be heavily moderated. 

So the "news" can be shaped into only what certain groups want to read/hear?  Sounds about right for standard MSM level of political discussions.

This isn't even a "news" section.... it should just be renamed to "politics"..... and then what I said still stands, we don't need anyone deciding what everyone else can talk about.  We are "moderating" the "news section" already.  Moderation doesn't mean just deleting what you don't like and silencing people when you don't agree with them.  So, in that regard, I think it's being moderated just fine.

• Props 1

Honestly, y’all don’t know how fucking unrecognizable and chaotic shit has become here in the recent few years. 

thing that sucks most is that it was predicted. But people prefer to focus on the silly and superficial shit like Greta or the wild predictions that didn’t eventuate. Like they’re not seeing the forest for the trees or simply aren’t even interested in the actual issue, they just get off on finding ways to put shit on people. 

Indian Ocean Dipole linked to global warming in new research by Australian scientists

https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/other/indian-ocean-dipole-linked-to-global-warming-in-new-research-by-australian-scientists/ar-BBZW5IW

One of the big drivers of drought in Australia, the Indian Ocean Dipole, is trending towards a more drought-causing positive state due to climate change, according to new research

• 4 months later...

I've started to get my head out of Rona and back on climate. Wondering if any y'all read anything good of late? 

Also, perhaps the wrong thread, but I'd be interested in a discussion around how we might impact or influence climate change by adapting our lifestyles or getting involved with organisations.

Edited by delv

This dude is super-unique. He was the head of Emergency MAnagement Australia and headed up the national resilience commission.

Dude made his way from bushfire fighter to the highest levels of the public service whilst being a devout Budhhist. Crazy mix but super-fucking smart - I've worked with him on a number of occasions and he always blows me away with his ability to understand things from a completely different perspective. His approach to adapting lifestyle is understanding your own vulnerability and choosing whtat you're prepared to lose.

He looks like the archetypal public servant but sounds like the furthest thing from:

https://aca.st/d2730f