Climate Change Hoax or Nah?

Kults

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I think climate change is definitely a problem that needs more seriousness then it is taken by the general public. Whenever the subject comes up u got most the ppl in the room rolling their eyes and shouting tree hugger. 

I agree with ppl about what they said about tax. No one shud be giving the government money to handle these things. Almost garenteeing losing your money to some cops lunch. 

I think ppl just don’t want to believe that this shit actually is an effect of humans and it’s too inconvenient to do active changes to their lifestyle to do better. 

Not that theres avalanches in turkey or fires in the Amazon because of us. but the humidity and cutting down the trees.....I believe we can make a life around the green without actually destroying it. Think of New York City? Where do you ever see an actual tree that isn’t held up by two splinters huh. Maybe that one tree one every 10 blocks that’s revered before eventually it gets chopped down bc it’s leaves are covering the lawn too much from the street. I loved that tree. Anyway ny rains hot rain, is constantly humid even when it’s cold and add the attitude to that place we shud just burn the place and start new and plant trees and moss all over the place.  

• Like 1

It's a stretch to call that ad hominem,  it's pointing out a distinct bias towards downplaying climate change because end of times are soon so it doesn't matter. 

And before you get to amped on the paper, look into it's founder and sun yung moon and the moonies. I had an uncle in this cult, he would profess health benefits of consuming your own urine and similar bizarro behaviors. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I've legit never heard her speak or read anything about her

She is a kid from a Scandinavian country. 

I tell my son to have no kids, then me and him can die happy and not have to worry about grand kids worrying about climate change haha.

I live on a hill, I'm not flooding.

• Like 2
  • Props 2
  • LOL! 1

• 5 weeks later...

The interesting part of this debate to me (maybe this was already covered previously), is that for the most part , the countries taking the lead in this debate aren't the ones that are necessarily the problem. No doubt everyone can do better, but the rate at which a country like the USA is able to improve it's foot print, is entirely offset by countries like China that really don't give a shit. Compared to where the USA was in the 70s - 80s with leaded fuel and muscle cars, compared top where we are these days with all of this, we've made massive improvements. There are few exceptions throughout the year to USA cities being smog free compared to previous eras where we had smog alerts as part of the morning routine. We've largely eliminated CFC's entirely along with moist green house gasses. I'm not specifically saying that is all we need to do, but seems to me that I constantly see the USA and other western countries criticized by all the 'woke' people out there and very little mentioned about countries like India, Pakistan, China and so many others that are in their own version of an industrial revolution and the largest polluters out there at this point.  Likewise, what the solution to that situation considering nations are expected to be sovereign? I for one do not support the ridiculous efforts to essentially bribe them into improving by sending billions of tax payer dollars overseas to make it more appealing to not pollute the way they do. Likewise, we have no real authority to go in and bomb their industrial infrastructure to shit because they refuse to heed the call to being more green.

All this being said, and I've said it before, I still don't know what the real story is with all this. Yeah there's a thousand studies claiming this or that and just as many on the opposite side of the debate. Obviously climate change is an interesting label since change is an inherent quality of climate. Do humans have an affect.... Absolutely? All life does in one form or another, positive or negative. Are we seeing radical changes... Yes indeed. But then again history and pre-history is filled with instances of radical climate change. Is man damaging the environment beyond repair... I really have no idea and wish all of this was a lot more transparent than it is because to think their aren't agendas at play and some massive money and control being all of this is the most absurd aspect of the entire debate.

Would be a whole lot more credible if the ruling class wasn't trying to turn this entire issue into a catalyst to create new taxes. That somehow, we can sell carbon units to corporations as a means to turn the situation around.

Sorry man, I'm not buying into it, which isn't the same thing as not believing that its our obligations as stewards of the earth to find increasingly more effective ways of lessoning our impact on it.

• Props 1

Thats the crux of it ^

But mention that and you get hit with " WHATABOUTISM!!! Well what, just cause the biggest polluters aren't doing shit we should just do nothing?!"

Its just a new racket propped up by feeding into the virtue signaling that's become so prevalent these last few years.

image.png.2106d6836da8017959ee776734514600.png

I lean more towards the fires being "long overdue" for natural reasons, as that's my experience with forest management here in the American West where they have huge fires. I don't know if climate change is the culprit here as Australia naturally has cycles of dry weather, wind storms, etc. Just thought this was interesting as most people like myself are unaware of whats going on down there. I wonder if there's any sound evidence of this being caused by greenhouse gas induced climate change.