Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kults

Climate Change Hoax or Nah?

6 hours ago, delv said:

My issue with all of this is, even if climate change ISN'T real, shouldn't we be proactively (and happily) doing things to ensure it doesn't become a "thing"?

Just feels like a no brainer to sort out shut out.

No more than putting effort into any other possibly imaginary potentially problem. My take, the problem IS 100% real, provable, even quantifiable down to the net harm caused per unit of gas/coal consumed. More taxes will have the effect of just feeding the U.S. federal government, which BTW is the number one consumer of net carbon emitting energy resources in the United States. How much political clout would a politician have if they interfered with this system of zero accountability? They needs votes, which relies on political clout in our archaic two party system.

Adjusting our own lifestyles based on making a conscious effort is 100% rewarding, very effective, and totally worth the effort. Imagine adjusting your home location closer to work, or vis versa, driving less, maybe even cycling more, reducing unnecessary consumption, etc. This method can't be applied to everyone depending on profession, or things like what if you're in a wheelchair as an example. For those of us willing to admit this is possible for ourselves as individuals, and then take action on this concept, this method also carries tremendous net health, and mental well being benefits for the individual especially if you're healthier/happier from biking more

On that note, choose to become more productive/independent  economically, might allow you to buy a fancy new self driving EV, solar panels for the crib, a "green" home, or high rise condo, maybe even a 4m euro solar boat, etc. Financial independence is rewarding, and opens up it's own possibilities much like if you got physically/mentally sharper biking every day. What's worth more than the virtue signaling points of either method is your method is the experience of stepping closer towards becoming a net zero carbon producer consumer.

Circling back to my original point is using the government as a proxy to attempt to force these changes on everyone is not the best, or only method availiable, or even a good look for that matter. We've all become conditioned to become back seat drivers "MuH GobeNmeNt wiLL FeiX DiS" when we'd be better off taking the wheel on this one.

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 1

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Take this weak shit and park it over in the News section which is the appropriate forum for politics.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, morton said:

Take this weak shit and park it over in the News section which is the appropriate forum for politics.

@Mercermade a great case about why it isn’t political at all.

True, @Kultsbut he's probably right at the same time. This topic is too heavy for "casual" conversation as most sleepwalkers might be rudely awakened by just having a thought. I actually thought this was in the news section, AKA crossfire 2.0

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Mercer said:

True, @Kultsbut he's probably right at the same time. This topic is too heavy for "casual" conversation as most sleepwalkers might be rudely awakened by just having a thought.

Fair, Ill move it if you guys think its a better fit

Ya man, some knee jerk reactions for sure. Just trying to open an honest convo about it though. Im not a climate denier, I just question the methodology. Not big on the idea of taxing it.

I think the easiest way to understand how trash ends up anywhere it's not supposed to is to simplify it right down to something that everyone that owns a vehicle knows about: tire disposal fee.

The tire shop won't just take your tires for free, they charge you to recycle them.  What happens when you like money so much that you don't care about paying the money to do the "right thing" and rather, you find that nice spot on the side of the road, on someone else's land, to dump all your used tires "for free".  The problem with this very short sided mentality is that it just kicks the can down the road for the next person.  If anyone wants to "do the right thing" in the future, they will have to pick up the mess the illegal dumper left, and then go pay to have it recycled themselves when they got 0 use out of the tires.

That was long winded to just show that one point, but I think that's why people are littering.  They're lazy greedy ass holes.  I don't even care if people don't recycle so much, but if you litter you're a literal piece of shit.... in my book.  We grew up in Texas with the "Don't Mess With Texas" motto which basically beats it into you to not litter from a very young age.

• Like 1
  • Truth 1

^ Im down with that. Don’t leave your trash on someone else’s property, pretty basic shit

• Like 1

In Japan they would only accept garbage in special trash bags that had a tax associated with them sort of like buying a stamp. They would only pick up garbage in these bags and were kind of strict about it. All other waste had to be removed by a private company. Because of this, I've never saw a single public trashcans in all of Tokyo. People didn't make as much waste, and virtually nobody would litter intentionally.

Even stranger to me because I smoked cigarettes back then, the Japanese don't just flick their cigarette butts like us filthy Gijin do in our dirty home countries, so it was common for people to carry a portable ash tray around that sealed up when not in use. to carry their butts away after smoking. I had to get one and thought it was gross, like it would spill in my pocket if I wasn't careful. Again, no trashcans to empty it anywhere.

The net effect of this inconvenience was worth it IMO, till this date I won't litter here, and even pick trash up sometimes that isn't even mine after experiencing how they did over there. Where my ex in-laws lived there was an open stream flowing directly through miles of this dense urban area. It was a cool place to chill and the water in it was so clean there were fish in it, and so safe parents would take their kids to play in the water. That shit would never happen in NYC, there'd be needles, broken glass, and dog piss covering everything after a week. 

• Like 1
  • Truth 1

I solved climate change years ago but no one wants to listen to me.

The earths core is like a engine, it needs oil to run smoothly. We've extracted too much oil from the Earth and the core is seizing up. Drill a new hole an dump the oil back in. 

Problem solved. 

• Like 1

I think climate change is definitely a problem that needs more seriousness then it is taken by the general public. Whenever the subject comes up u got most the ppl in the room rolling their eyes and shouting tree hugger. 

I agree with ppl about what they said about tax. No one shud be giving the government money to handle these things. Almost garenteeing losing your money to some cops lunch. 

I think ppl just don’t want to believe that this shit actually is an effect of humans and it’s too inconvenient to do active changes to their lifestyle to do better. 

Not that theres avalanches in turkey or fires in the Amazon because of us. but the humidity and cutting down the trees.....I believe we can make a life around the green without actually destroying it. Think of New York City? Where do you ever see an actual tree that isn’t held up by two splinters huh. Maybe that one tree one every 10 blocks that’s revered before eventually it gets chopped down bc it’s leaves are covering the lawn too much from the street. I loved that tree. Anyway ny rains hot rain, is constantly humid even when it’s cold and add the attitude to that place we shud just burn the place and start new and plant trees and moss all over the place.  

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, misteraven said:

Crazy shit. Can you post a link to her published work on the subject?

Havent dug that deep into it, Im at work. Post it up if you find it though

Heres her personal blog, can probably dig it up there

https://polarbearscience.com/

11 hours ago, Fist 666 said:

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/washington-times/

Just fyi, they are renowned for promoting nonscientific studies. Media outlets with a religious interest in the end of the world ought to be taken with a grain of salt, imo. 

Except this one was? But ad hominem away

It's a stretch to call that ad hominem,  it's pointing out a distinct bias towards downplaying climate change because end of times are soon so it doesn't matter. 

And before you get to amped on the paper, look into it's founder and sun yung moon and the moonies. I had an uncle in this cult, he would profess health benefits of consuming your own urine and similar bizarro behaviors. 

• Like 1

I have no idea what you just said lol

It isnt the only site to report it. She got canned.

Im saying who gives a shit? The story aint about the WT

• Like 1